Pimples on your buttocks are not actually acne, but they are more painful than pimples on face or back.
The worst part in getting pimples on butt is that, it is the most sensitive part. It is covered all the time which slows down the healing process, and gives more pain while sitting.
Sometimes they heal of their own, but if they don’t, there are some treatments which can help them to cure.
Are you annoyed by your pimples? Have you got overnight pimples on hips? Pain and discomfort might be making you scream how to get rid of butt acne fast?
Hold your breath, there is good news for you, we have got some of the best home remedies on how to get rid of butt pimples.
Table of Contents
- Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Butt Pimples
- 2. Aloe vera
- 3. Neem Oil
- 4. Seaweed Extract and Pineapple Juice
- 5. Lemon
- 6. Olive Oil
- 7. Garlic
- 8. Coconut oil
- 9. Aspirin
- 10. Ice Pack
- Further Tips to Prevent Pimples on your Butt
What is Acne?
Acne is describes as plugged pores, pimples and cysts which is common to get on face and sometimes on other parts of the body like neck, shoulders, chest, back, arms and legs.
Acne on buttocks is not same as acne on face. It goes much deeper under the skin than pimples.
Before we proceed further, let us know the difference between pimples or acne, boils, and carbuncles.
Butt Pimples are referred as acne, because its appearance is similar to acne. Acne is a form of folliculitis, soreness, and infection of the hair follicles, whereas pimple is a simple blockage in a hair follicle. Blockages are caused due to dead skin or over secretion of oil by the oil glands.
Boils are generally caused by a common bacterium known as Staphylococcus aureus (staph). When bacteria get into hair follicle by cut on the surface of the skin, small scraps, or through hair, then it cause a boil.
Carbuncle is more than one boil in the same area of your skin. It is a serious condition, and sometimes can be life threatening.
Causes of Pimples on Butt Cheeks
As mentioned above, the main cause of boils or pimples on butts are caused due to staph bacteria.Other than bacteria, sometimes yeast, or fungi can also cause the hair follicles to become infected.
You may not even realize that there are hair follicles on your butt cheeks, because the hair is so minute which can be barely visible with our naked eye.
Several factors that can make you more inclined to butt pimples are;
- Poor hygiene
- Shaving and waxing can sometimes irritate the skin and cause butt acne.
- Wearing tight undergarments and clothing, or synthetic clothing.
- Exposure to harsh chemicals which can irritate the skin.
- Hormonal changes, like puberty or pregnancy.
- Obese and diabetic are more prone, because of their weaker immune system.
How to get rid of a pimple on your butt?
Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Butt Pimples
Yogurt contains lactic acid which is a great ingredient to treat butt pimples. It avoids the recurrence of pimples by maintaining pH balance of the body.
Yogurt helps in removing dead cells completely, which blocks the pores and cause boil on butt. Its cooling effect will give you instant relief from pimple pain.
Process: 1 Yogurt with Turmeric
Benefits of Turmeric: It is antiseptic and antibacterial in nature which kills the acne causing bacteria. It also provides relief from inflammation, and pain. Turmeric is very helps full in treating boils in butts.
- Take 1tbsp of yogurt, and add 1tsp of turmeric.
- Mix properly to make a smooth paste.
- Now, apply this paste on your pimple- affected skin.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes, or till the paste dries completely.
- Rinse off your buttock area with warm water.
- How to get rid of spots on bum? Continue this process for few weeks.
Process: 2 Yogurt with Lemon Juice
Benefits of Lemon: It is a natural astringent that removes excess oil from the skin, which blocks the pores often and cause pimples.
- Take 1 tbsp of yogurt, and mix with ½ tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Before application, wash your buttock area to remove any dirt or impurities.
- Pat dry, and apply this mixture with the help of a cotton ball.
- Allow the mixture to dry completely.
- Then, wash off with warm water.
- How to get rid of butt acne? Repeat this method daily for few days.
Process: 3 Yogurt and Honey Mask
Benefits of Honey: It is loaded with antibacterial, antifungal, and antiseptic properties that heals butt pimples completely. Being a natural humectant, it moisturizes the skin and prevent occurrence of pimples on the butt.
Honey is also anti-inflammatory in nature, which cures inflammation and irritation of the affected area, and reduces the pain associated with acne.
- Take 1 tbsp of yogurt, and 1 tsp of honey.
- Mix it, and apply this mask on your butt pimples.
- Leave this mask for about 20 minutes or, till it dries completely.
- Wash off with warm water, and pat dry your butt area.
- Continue this remedy daily to keep pimples at bay.
Note: Never wipe the mask to clean, as it may aggravate the inflamed skin and make the pimples more painful.
2. Aloe vera
Aloe vera contains anti-inflammatory properties which not only soothes the irritation, but reduce pain and swelling of the pimples on your butt. It also has antifungal and antibacterial properties which kills pimple causing bacteria.
- Take a leaf of aloe vera, wash it, and take out its gel.
- Apply this gel directly on your pimples, and buttock area to avoid further pimples.
- Allow it to dry fully, and then wash off.
- How to get rid of butt pimples. Repeat this 2-3 times a day to get pimple -free buttock.
3. Neem Oil
Scientific studies have revealed different properties of Neem which are:
- Antiviral – constrains the growth of viruses
- Anti-fungal – prevents the growth of fungi
- Antibacterial – kills the growth of bacteria
- Analgesic –pain relieving
- Anti-inflammatory – decreases swelling and irritation
- Antimicrobial – terminates the growth of microorganisms
Therefore, it is a very powerful ingredient to use for treating your buttocks pimples. Neem paste is very useful for boils treatment.
- Take few drops of neem oil.
- With the help of a cotton ball, apply directly on your affected area.
- Repeat this 3-6 times a day, for getting effective results against acne.
4. Seaweed Extract and Pineapple Juice
Seaweed is antibacterial in nature which fight acne, and antioxidants present removes the impurities and toxins from the skin, and controls oil level, which avoid the occurrence of pimples. It also contains lot of vitamins and minerals, which helps in making skin healthy.
Pineapple juice has glycolic acid, which helps to reduce the size of the boils on the butt.
- Take 1 tsp of seaweed extract, and ½ tsp of pineapple juice.
- Mix it well, and apply it on your butt pimples.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes, and wash with regular water.
- Follow this home remedy 2-3 times a week.
- This will help to reduce pimple, and give a smooth buttock.
Lemon is a mild astringent with acne fighting qualities. It removes excess oil and dirt from the skin.
Process: 1 Lemon with Carrot Juice
Benefits of Carrot: It is loaded with Vitamin A, which is important in keeping our skin healthy. So when it is combined with lemon, it works wonder to fight the pimple issue on the butt.
- Take 1 tbsp each of lemon juice, and carrot juice.
- Mix the ingredients properly.
- With the help of a cotton ball, apply it on your affected area.
- Allow it to dry for some time, and then wash off.
- How to get rid of rashes on buttocks. Continue this process daily.
Process: 2 Lemon with Glycerin
Benefits of Glycerin: It moisturizes the skin, makes it soft, and smooth which naturally avoids pimples on skin.
- Take 1 tsp each of lemon juice, and glycerin.
- Mix it well, and apply the mixture on your butt pimples, and its surrounding area.
- Use cotton for application.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes, and rinse off.
- Follow this remedy daily to get rid of painful butt pimples.
6. Olive Oil
Olive oil contains anti-inflammatory properties, which helps to reduce inflammation and pain associated with pimples (1).
Also, being anti-bacterial in nature it kills pimples causing bacteria. Presence of antioxidants and vitamins in olive oil helps to rejuvenate the skin.
- Take 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- With the help of your fingertips, apply it on your pimples.
- Massage for 1-2 minutes, till oil gets absorbed into the skin.
- Now, take a clean cloth and dip it in hot water.
- Remove extra water by squeezing the cloth properly.
- Then, place this cloth on your affected area, and wait for few minutes till steam penetrates into the skin.
- Do it couple of times, and then wash your buttocks with plain water.
- Repeat this remedy 2-3 times a day, to get rid of your butt pimples fast.
It is well known for its antibacterial and antifungal properties. It is an effective ingredient in fighting the bacteria that cause butt pimples. Plus, it controls further spreading of the pimples. Garlic is very good home remedy for acne treatment.
- Take 4-5 peeled garlic pods, and grind it smoothly.
- Use this paste for your pimple-affected butt.
- Leave this paste for about 30-40 minutes.
- Then, wash it properly with water and soap.
- Follow this process 2 times a day for few days.
- With this remedy, soon your pimples will fade away.
8. Coconut oil
It is enriched with lots of benefits which are good for the skin, hair, and health. Coconut oil is very beneficial in acne scars treatment as it is antibacterial and antifungal properties helps to reduce redness, pain and swelling by killing bacteria which cause pimples on butt.
Plus, it is an effective remedy for treating rashes on your butt. It even moisturizes the skin and makes it smooth.
- Take few drops of virgin or organic coconut oil.
- Apply this oil on your pimples affected buttocks.
- Gently massage for few minutes all over your affected area.
- Repeat this remedy multiple times a day.
- Let the oil gets fully absorbed by skin. So, no need to wash later.
- Follow this remedy for few days, or till you get rid of your problem.
Process: 2 Coconut Oil with Turmeric
- Take 1 tbsp each of turmeric powder and coconut oil.
- Mix properly to make a smooth mixture.
- Apply this on your pimples butt cheeks.
- Leave it for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse off with water and soap.
- Repeat this remedy 2 times a day for a week.
Aspirin is a common OTC pain relieving medicine (2). If your pimples are giving you immense pain, then this remedy is best for you.
- Take 4-5 aspirin pills, and crush them finely to make a powder.
- Add 1tbsp of yogurt, and few drops of warm water in this powder to make a thick paste.
- Now, apply this paste on your butt pimple.
- Allow this paste to dry completely, and then wash it with water.
- Continue this remedy daily, and say goodbye to your painful butt pimples.
10. Ice Pack
This home remedy is easy, safe, and very effective for treating pimples on your butt especially which contains pus. Ice has a cooling effect which gives you instant relief from inflammation, redness, and pain.
- Take few ice cubes, and wrap it in a clean cloth.
- Or you can rub the ice directly.
- Follow this method 2-3 times a day.
- Ice helps to numb the pain caused from butt pimples.
Further Tips to Prevent Pimples on your Butt
- Change your undergarments and bath regularly, to avoid bacteria build up from dirt and sweat.
- Wear only cotton undergarments, as it can absorb sweat of your buttocks.
- Drink plenty of water to remove toxins from the body.
- Avoid sitting at one place for longer duration, as it leads in forming pimples.
- Never pop your butt pimple, as it will aggravate your problem more.
- Avoid foods which increase inflammation like sugar, fatty and fried foods.
- Apply cream and lotions containing Zinc, as it helps in reducing pimples symptoms.
- Always take a bath after a workout session or swimming.
- Avoid using fragrant toilet paper, or intimate wipes.
- Eat plenty of fruits, fiber, and vegetables to help body in keeping away from infections.
- Use mild or allergy free soap to clean your buttocks.
By following these home remedies, and further tips regularly will help you in treating your butt pimples, and avoid the occurrence of it.