The urge for peeing may be one of the common troubling issues that the vast majority of individuals on the earth need to encounter once all through our lifetime at any cost.
It is common to pee 4 to 6 times each day and the human bladder can store urine, until the point when we clear it.
It will be an anomalous sign if the desire for pee awakens you 2 or 3 times amidst the night, or on the off chance that you have to urinate in excess of 8 times each day.
Frequent urination in men and women means that your bladder is working over actively, as it is inclined to pass urine more than the expected.
It is otherwise called the overactive bladder. It may occur because of the consumption of caffeinated drinks and liquor, or if you drink too much water before bed time, you should certainly avoid it.
Table of Contents
- Home Remedies For Frequent Urination
- 1. Parsley Water
- 2. Kegel Exercise
- 3. Fenugreek Seeds
- 4. Cypress Oil
- 5. Lavender Oil
- 6. Saw Palmetto
- 7. Cranberry Juice
- 8. Baking Soda
- 9. Yogurt
- 10. Celery Seeds
- 11. Horseradish
- 12. Spinach
- 13. St. John’s Wort
- 14. Diet Changes to Cure Frequent Urination
- Best Foods and Drinks to Consume
- Foods and Drinks to Avoid
- Further Self-Care Tips for Healing Frequent Urination Naturally
Causes of Frequent Urination
There are some different reasons for frequent urination. They are;
- Diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus
- Stress or anxiety
- Pregnancy, a common cause of frequent urination in women
- Urinary tract infection
- Stroke and different sensory system or mind conditions
- Prostate problem
- Kidney disease
- Tumor/mass in pelvic zone, bladder tumor or dysfunction
- Bladder stones
- Urinary incontinence
- Certain drugs and medicines for tumor, and hypertension
Frequent urination is bothersome, and can make you embarrass among social gathering. If you are looking how to stop frequent urination, then here you’ll find some home remedies for frequent urination which will help you to treat your problem naturally within a short span.
Signs and Symptoms of Frequent Urination
Apart from urgency of passing urine which is a common sign, symptoms of frequent urination in men and women will vary depending upon the cause. Let’s find out some of the symptoms below;
- Blood in the urine
- Urinary incontinence
- Pain and burning sensation while passing urine
- Unexplained spillage
- Reluctance – desire to urinate yet nothing goes
- Pungent urine smell
When urinary recurrence impacts your life liberally, or you have unexplained signs and indications, such as, a fever, back torment, cloudy pee, chills, urine with blood, sudden feeling of thirst, or men and women discharge from their genitals, then you should visit a specialist hastily.
Home Remedies For Frequent Urination
1. Parsley Water
Parsley water is one of the best home remedies for frequent urination in men and women. This water is a natural diuretic, and therefore aid to achieve freedom from a urinary tract infection and frequent urination.
- Blend 1 cup fresh parsley leaves with 1glass of hot water.
- Boil the solution in a low flame to stew bit by bit.
- Leave the leaves for about 5-10 minutes.
- Then, strain the solution when it becomes cool.
- Continue this remedy daily 1 or 2 times for few days.
How it works?
Diuretics are regularly used to treat numerous issues, and can surge the amount of sodium that your kidneys discharge in the pee.
When diuretics make sodium, they will take water related with it, and the liquid sum if your blood will diminish. Less liquid implies that there will be less stress on your arteries. It is the motivation behind why it is generally used to treat the state of hypertension.
Parsley helps to increase your output of pee, as people suffering with UTI’s need to pass urine more to flush out the microbes.
2. Kegel Exercise
Doing Kegel exercise regularly will fortify the muscle of your urethra and pelvis, accordingly supporting the bladder. However, you should do this exercise in the correct way.
How to do this Exercise?
- Press your pelvic muscles for around 3 seconds.
- Then take a break for an additional 3seconds.
- Do 10 – 15 times every session.
- Repeat this exercise at least 3 times a day for few weeks.
How to stop frequent urination feeling? Kegel exercise is very effective in controlling the urge of peeing often.
3. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seed is a natural diuretic which can treat numerous urinary issues adequately.
Intake of fenugreek seeds on a regular basis can diminish the continuous pee, and furthermore avoid its troubles.
- Take 1 tsp of fenugreek seed powder, some bishop weed seeds and dry ginger powder.
- Mix them in a glass of water with 1 tbsp honey.
- Drink this solution 2 times a day for several days, to treat the problem of frequent urination.
4. Cypress Oil
Cypress Oil has solid astringent and vasoconstricting properties, which fix the free bladder tissues and decrease your inclination to urinate much of the time (1).
- Take 7 drops of cypress oil, and blend it with 1 tsp of carrier oil.
- You can choose coconut or olive oil.
- Put this mixture to your genital parts, and rub it gently for few minutes.
- Repeat this remedy daily once to control the urge of frequent pee.
5. Lavender Oil
Anxiety or stress is one of the reasons for increased urinary recurrence. Lavender oil contains stress- bursting properties that can keep you calm and relax.
- Fill a diffuser with water, and add 3-4 drops of lavender oil in it.
- Breathe in the diffused aroma.
- Repeat this process1 to 2 times daily, especially before going to bed.
6. Saw Palmetto
Saw palmetto lessens the urge to urinate often by decreasing the side effects of augmented prostate in men (2). Therefore, it is one of the exclusive natural remedies for frequent urination in males.
It is additionally useful for women, in treating bladder and urine infections.
Process: Herbal Tea
- Take 1 tsp of saw palmetto tea, and mix it with a cup of boiling water.
- Allow it to boil for 5-10 minutes, and then sieve the tea.
- Mix 1 tsp of organic honey, and drink this tea.
- Drink this tea 2 to 3 times every day.
7. Cranberry Juice
Cranberry juice is acidic in nature, and contains cell reinforcements called proanthocyanidins.
These mixes go about as against grip particles that keep the contamination making microbes from staying your urinary dividers. This, thusly, stops urinary recurrence.
- Drink 3-5 glasses of pure cranberry juice daily for a week, and then slowly reduce it to 2 glasses till your urination problem subside.
8. Baking Soda
Baking soda is a wonderful substance which can enable you to manage diverse things from skin issue, like rash to medical problems, like indigestion and UTI’s.
It has antacid nature, which is the inverse of acidic, implying that it could help in neutralizing and mitigating the acidity in your pee. It even curbs the burning sensation in urine.
- Blend 1 tsp of baking soda with 8 ounces of plain water.
- Mix them properly till it disintegrates totally.
- Drink the preparation in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Continue this remedy for a week or so.
It contains high amount of probiotics, which is a good bacteria that are helpful for your gut and additionally general well being. Yogurt additionally helps in treating UTI’s, which is another reason for urinary recurrence.
- Consume 2-5 cups of yogurt daily, and keep sickness at bay.
10. Celery Seeds
This is another powerful alternative among numerous home solutions for frequent urination. Celery seeds can go about as a diuretic. It is a direct result of celery oil’s constituents – butylphthalide.
Some people do not like parsley water, so celery seeds are an alternative for them. Eating some celery seeds could increase urine formation. To get more liquid, you can prepare a celery seed water.
- Take some celery seeds in a cup of boiling water.
- Keep it for 10 minutes, and then strain the solution.
- Drink this solution daily for several days, to reduce discomfort from frequent urination.
- This remedy is very beneficial in treating and preventing urine infections.
Horseradish belongs from cabbage family. Allyl isothiocyanate (AITC) is a characteristic compound found in horseradish which has solid against microbial property.
While blueberries and cranberries may be bacteriostatic, which implies that they could restrain the microbes generation, AITC has bactericidal nature, implying that it can eliminate microorganisms.
It can do it by assaulting the cell film of bacterium, along these lines making it difficult to survive or practical.
- Take ½ tsp of horseradish root, and grate them.
- Mix ½ tsp of grated horseradish in a glass of water or milk.
- Drink this mixture 2 times a day.
Note: Do not consume more than 1- 1 ½ tsp of horseradish in a day. Also, if your stomach gets disturbed then stop using it.
This remedy is a standout amongst other home solutions for frequent urination. It is even safe for pregnant women who are struggling with frequent peeing.
Spinach is loaded with supplements which are countless and vital for the whole body. It contains powerful antioxidants which can help balance the proper urine flow.
- Eating boiled spinach for evening meal will provide relieving effect for people travail with frequent urination.
- Plus, you can blend coconut water with spinach juice and savor it a regularly to improve your condition.
13. St. John’s Wort
St. John’s wort is likewise a home grown cure, which can treat the issue of regular pee inside a brief timeframe period.
- Individuals should take 300 mgs of this home grown cure 2 to 3 times each day in a general premise to pick up the best outcomes.
- This herb can likewise avert pee in ladies adequately and rapidly.
14. Diet Changes to Cure Frequent Urination
You would do well if you maintain a strategic distance from the sustenance’s bothering your bladder or going about as a diuretic.
Best Foods and Drinks to Consume
- Consume Vitamins C and A rich foods, as they are helpful in the treatment of urinary frequency. Vitamin C controls bacteria causing UTI’s, and vitamin A heals bladder infections which may be causing frequent urination.
- Eat high-fiber nourishments such as, cereals, brown rice, barley, peas, oatmeal, carrots, apples, peas, and cabbage to lessen the constipation which weakens the overactive bladder.
- Have high Protein foods like eggs, meat, fish, tofu, and chicken.
- Add vegetables like cucumber, spinach, cabbage, kale, lettuce, and broccoli in your daily diet; and consume 1 or 2 fruits daily like banana, grapes, pomegranates, watermelon, blueberries.
- Additionally, drink enough water and other healthy fluids like coconut water, green tea and other herbal teas, to avoid constipation and dehydration. But, avoid drinking water or fluids prior to your bed time to reduce peeing in the night.
Foods and Drinks to Avoid
- Avoid consumption of alcohol, chocolate, spicy food, raw onion, caffeine, citrus fruits, carbonated drinks, and artificial sweeteners and other sweets.
- Limit your intake of salt to the bare; stay away from junk and fried food, processed and preserved foods, tobacco, artificial food, and all items containing yeast, especially bread.
Further Self-Care Tips for Healing Frequent Urination Naturally
Following some tips below will help you further in preventing urination problem further. Some of them are:
- Keep up great individual cleanliness, avoid using toilet in public.
- Wipe properly with a tissue after peeing.
- Try not to wear tight garments, especially underpants.
- Choose cotton dresses, and strictly avoid synthetic material.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes daily to enhance general wellbeing.
- Abstain from getting out in summers.
- Avoid controlling the desire to pee for a really long time.
Try some of these natural remedies which are safe and reliable in treating your frequent urination.
In any case, it is constantly better to meet a urinary specialist to get your concern treated if none of the home solutions above are working viably for you.