Our skin produces sebum through pores which is a natural oil secretion for preventing the skin from drying out. The size of the pores differs as people with oily skin tend to have enlarged pores and whereas people with dry skin have less visible pores. Age is also a contributor in making the pores look more visible or give an appearance of open pores.
Pores on the skin are not unnatural but pores on face can hinder in making your skin look flawless. In fact the visibility of pores can even make one’s skin look old, unhealthy or dull.
Besides this the unappealing appearance of big pores can lead to whiteheads, blackheads and acne. So it’s extremely important to get rid of dirt, bacteria, entrapped dead skin and excess oils which can cause the pores to expand further.
How to Get Rid of Clogged Pores On Nose, Face and Chin
Large pores are especially visible around the nose, face and chin. Although there are many treatments and cosmetic products which minimizes the appearance of pores but most of the time they offer only temporary results. So, here are a few budget friendly natural alternatives which can minimize pores drastically.
So, now let’s discuss a few economical and effective remedies to know how to get rid of clogged pores easily.
1. Fuller’s Earth, Honey and Milk Remedy
Fuller’s earth, honey and milk combination is an excellent remedy for unclogging the dirt and grime from the pores and to make the enlarged pores less visible.
Fuller’s earth unclogs the pores and balances the pH levels of the skin.
Honey contains antimicrobial properties which clears the pores and prevents the skin from imperfections such as blackheads and acne. Milk nourishes the skin.
- Fuller’s Earth- 2 tsp
- Raw Honey- 1 tbsp.
- Milk- 1 tbsp.
- Take a small bowl and add in fuller’s earth, honey and milk.
- Mix well to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this mask liberally all over the face.
- Allow the application to dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Later rinse off thoroughly with cold water and pat the skin dry gently.
- This face mask can be applied twice a week to unclog pores and maintain a healthy skin.
2. Sandalwood, Turmeric and Almond Oil Remedy
This face mask with sandalwood, turmeric and almond oil not only helps in minimizing huge pores but even helps in preventing re-occurrence of enlarged skin pores on nose, chin and face.
Sandalwood contains anti-bacterial properties and even helps to control excess sebum production.
Turmeric’s anti-bacterial properties help in preventing blackheads and acne.
Almond Oil helps in cleaning the pores and moisturizes the skin.
- Sandalwood Powder- 1 tbsp.
- Turmeric Powder- 1 tbsp.
- Almond Oil- 4 to 5 Drops
- Water- 1 tbsp.
- Take a small bowl and add in sandalwood powder, turmeric and almond oil.
- Mix well and add in 1 tbsp of water into sandalwood, turmeric and almond oil mixture.
- Mix again to form a thick paste like consistency, if required you can add in more water to form face mask like consistency.
- Then apply the mask evenly all over the face avoiding the eye area.
- Allow the mask application to dry for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then rinse off the mask thoroughly with cold water and pat dry the skin gently.
- This process can be repeated twice a week to clean pores and maintain youthful skin.
3. Baking Soda Remedy
Want to know how to get rid of large pores easily with one ingredient then try baking soda. Baking soda is a great natural ingredient to exfoliate and clear out excess oil and dirt from the pores.
- Baking Soda- 2 tbsp.
- Water- 1 to 2 tbsp.
- Firstly take a small bowl and add in baking soda.
- The slowly add in water into baking soda and mix well to form a uniform paste.
- Ensure that the baking soda paste is not too runny or too thick.
- Then spread this baking soda paste on clean face evenly.
- Later using your finger tips massage the paste into the skin in circular motions gently.
- Avoid applying the paste around the sensitive areas like eyes and mouth.
- Massage for 1 to 2 minutes and later allow the mask to dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then rinse off the baking soda mask thoroughly with warm water and pat the skin dry gently.
- Follow up with a moisturizer suitable for your skin type.
- This baking soda exfoliating mask can be applied twice a week to get rid of large pores on nose and face.
4. Lemon Juice, Cucumber and Rose Water Remedy
Looking for remedies for how to unclog pores naturally?
Then try this lemon juice, cucumber and rose water remedy. This remedy can do wonders for unclogging the pores to get rid of the annoying orange peel kind of appearance of the skin.
Lemon Juice contains natural enzymes and vitamin C which help in tightening the skin’s pores and controls the excess sebum production of the sebaceous glands.
Cucumber acts as a natural astringent to shrink the pore size.
Rose Water aids in cleaning the accumulated dirt and oil from the pores.
- Lemon Juice- 4 to 5 Drops.
- Cucumber Juice- 1 tbsp.
- Rose Water- 1 tsp
- Cotton Ball- 1 Nos
- Take a bowl and add in fresh lemon and cucumber juice.
- Mix well and add in rose water and stir again.
- Take a clean cotton ball and saturate it with this solution.
- Apply the saturated cotton ball all over your face, nose and chin.
- Allow the application to dry for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Then wash off the application with cold water and pat dry the skin gently.
- This process can repeated once of twice a day to minimize the appearance of large pores on face.
5. Butter and Salt Remedy
Clogged pores on face can be annoying for anyone and one of the easiest remedies to get rid of this skin problem is with butter and salt remedy. As butter hydrates the skin and salt exfoliates the grime and dirt entrapped in the pores which makes the pores look more visible and enlarged.
- Butter- 1 tsp
- Salt- ¾ tsp
- Take a bowl and add in softened butter and salt.
- Mix until both the ingredients are well combined.
- Apply this paste liberally over the affected area.
- Then leave on the application for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Later massage the application into the skin gently in circular motions for 30 seconds to 1 minute to loosen the dead skin cells, dirt and grime.
- Then rinse off the mask with warm water thoroughly and pat the skin dry gently.
- This process can be repeated twice a week to treat pores on nose, face, forehead and chin.
6. Egg White and Lemon Juice Remedy
Want to know how to shrink your pores without any expensive treatments or cosmetic products?
Then try this egg white and lemon juice remedy. This remedy even gives you radiant skin with less visible pores for a smooth and youthful skin appearance.
Egg Whites contain astringent properties which aids in shrinking the pore size and tighten the skin too.
Lemon juice’s natural acids are beneficial for cleansing the pores and gently exfoliating the skin to get rid of dirt and oils.
- Egg White- 2 Nos
- Lemon Juice- 1 tbsp.
- Hand Whisk
- Take a bowl and add in 2 egg whites and add in juice of one lemon.
- Whisk the egg whites and lemon juice together until light and fluffy.
- Then apply this mixture all over the face in upward strokes.
- Allow the egg white and lemon juice mask to dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then rinse off the mask thoroughly with warm water and pat dry the skin.
- Later follow up with a regular moisturizer.
- This process can be repeated twice a week to clean clogged pores on nose and face.
7. Sugar, Lemon Juice, Honey and Olive Oil Remedy
Want to know how to clean pores naturally to prevent skin imperfections?
Then try this simple and effective sugar, lemon juice, honey and olive oil exfoliating remedy.
Sugar contains glycolic acid that exfoliates the dead skin cells gently.
Lemon juice is a natural astringent which helps to tighten the pores and purifies the skin.
Olive Oil tightens the pores and reduces the appearance of the pores.
Honey contains anti-bacterial and moisturizing properties that further help to maintain a healthy skin.
- Lemon Juice- ¼ tsp
- Sugar- 1 tbsp
- Olive Oil- ¼ tsp
- Raw Honey- ¼ tsp
- Take a bowl and add in sugar, olive oil and honey.
- Mix well and add in lemon juice.
- Stir again and apply this scrub over the affected area avoiding eye area.
- Then gently massage in circular motions for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Later leave on the scrub application for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Then wash off the scrub thoroughly with warm water and pat dry the skin.
- Follow up with a moisturizer.
- This process can be repeated once a week to unclog skin pores and maintain a flawless skin.
8. Yogurt Remedy
Want to know how to clean your pores with just one ingredient?
Then opt for this yogurt remedy as the lactic acid in yogurt clears the pores by dissolving the impurities from the pores. This remedy is even excellent for tightening the pores and reducing inflammation to prevent acne and blackheads.
- Yogurt- 1 tbsp.
- Wash Cloth
- Take 1 tbsp. of natural yogurt.
- Then spread the yogurt evenly on the entire face avoiding eye area.
- Allow the yogurt application to dry for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Then saturate a wash cloth with warm water and squeeze out the excess water.
- Wipe the yogurt application with the damp wash cloth.
- Later rinse the face thoroughly with warm water and pat the skin dry.
- This process can be repeated thrice a week to clean the clogged pores on cheeks and nose.
9. Oatmeal, Honey and Milk Powder Remedy
Are enlarged nose pores making your skin prone to acne and blackheads?
Then try this exfoliating and pore shrinking face mask with oatmeal, honey and milk powder to unclog pores on nose and get rid of acne and blackheads.
Oatmeal is a great ingredient in face scrubs for removing dirt and excess oils from the skin.
Honey’s anti-microbial and hydrating properties are beneficial for keeping skin imperfections at bay.
Milk Powder smoothens and tones the skin to make the pores less visible.
- Oatmeal- 2 tbsp.
- Honey-5 tbsp.
- Milk Powder- 2 tbsp.
- Take a bowl and add in oatmeal and milk powder, mix well.
- Then add in honey into oatmeal and milk powder.
- Mix well to form a thick smooth paste.
- Apply this mask liberally all over the face and mainly concentrating on the nose.
- Massage the mask into the skin in circular motions gently for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then allow the mask to dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Later splash warm water on face to loosen the mask and again massage in circular motions.
- Then wash off the mask with warm water thoroughly and pat the skin dry.
- This remedy can be repeated 2 to 3 times a week to clean clogged pore on nose and face.
10. Gram Flour and Yogurt Remedy
Tired of trying temporary makeup alternatives to hide pores?
Want to know how to close pores without makeup?
Then firstly you must get rid of the grime and excess sebum from the pores to close pores or make pores less visible. For this purpose gram flour and yogurt remedy works effectively.
Gram flour deep cleanses the skin and exfoliates the dead skin cells from the clogged pores. This flour is even beneficial for absorbing excess sebum from the sebaceous glands.
Yogurt is a naturally acidic ingredient which is great for controlling excessive oil secretion and for maintaining a naturally healthy skin.
- Gram Flour- 2 tbsp.
- Yogurt- 1 ½ tbsp.
- Take a bowl and add in gram flour and natural yogurt.
- Mix well to form a thick smooth paste like consistency.
- Then spread this gram flour and yogurt mask on the face evenly.
- Allow the face mask to dry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Then splash warm water and massage the mask in circular motion gently for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Later wash off the mask thoroughly with warm water and pat dry the skin gently.
- This process can be repeated 2 times a week for closing big pores.
11. Apple Cider Vinegar Remedy
Want to know how to reduce pores and prevent blackheads, whiteheads and acne?
Then try this simple natural alcohol free toner for a radiant and glowing skin with less visible pores. This apple cider vinegar remedy is considered as a great alternative to expensive toners available commercially.
Apple cider vinegar reduces the facial pore size and even restores the pH balance of the skin for preventing skin irritation.
- Apple Cider Vinegar- 1 tsp
- Water- ¼ Cup
- Cotton Wool- 1 Nos
- Glass Bottle- For Storage
- Take 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Then dilute the apple cider vinegar with ¼ cup of water.
- Stir well and store it in a glass bottle, keep the bottle in a cool and dry place.
- For usage saturate a cotton wool this apple cider vinegar and water solution.
- Apply the saturated cotton wool on nose, forehead, chin and affected area.
- Allow the application to dry for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Later wash off the application with cold water and pat dry the skin.
- This process can be repeated daily once to tone and cleanse clogged pores on chin, nose and forehead effectively.
12. Fenugreek, Cucumber and Ginger Remedy
Tired of trying cosmetic products to get rid of clogged pores then try this amazingly beneficial fenugreek, cucumber and ginger remedy.
This remedy works effectively in drawing out impurities from the pores to instantly make the pores look less visible or smaller in size.
Fenugreek is rich in vitamin B3 and niacin which promotes new cells growth and tightens the skin.
Cucumber is known for its cooling and astringent properties to combat the excessive oiliness of the skin which makes the pores look larger.
Ginger helps to cleanse the pores and eliminate skin irritation such as pimples and blackheads.
- Fenugreek Powder- 1 tbsp.
- Cucumber Juice- 1 ½ tbsp.
- Ginger Powder- 1 tsp
- Take a bowl and add in fenugreek powder and ginger powder.
- Mix well and then add in cucumber juice into fenugreek powder and ginger powder.
- Mix again to form a smooth thick paste like consistency.
- Then apply this face mask on affected area.
- Allow the application to dry for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Later wash off the mask thoroughly with cold water and pat the skin dry.
- Follow up with a moisturizer suitable for your skin type.
- This process can be repeated twice a week to minimize pores on nose, chin and forehead fast and effectively.
13. Watermelon and Mint Remedy
Want to know how to clear pores and tighten the pores?
Try this excellent mint and watermelon remedy. This remedy contains astringent and pore toning properties to shrink pores easily and naturally.
Mint leaves contain cooling and astringent properties which aids in tightening the pores.
The natural acids in watermelon aids in exfoliating the dirt and dead skin cells and cleanses the pores effectively.
- Fresh Mint Leaves Juice- 1 tsp
- Watermelon Juice- 1 tsp
- Cotton Ball- 1 Nos
- Take a bowl and add in mint juice and watermelon juice.
- Stir and saturate a cotton ball with the juice solution.
- Apply the saturated cotton ball on the affected area.
- Allow the application to dry for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Then wash off the application with warm water and pat the skin dry.
- This process can be repeated daily once to shrink skin pores and maintain a blemish free skin.
14. Almond and Orange Peel Remedy
Want to know how to get rid of clogged nose at home easily?
Then try this miraculous almond and orange peel scrub. This natural exfoliant not only cleanses the clogged pores but with regular usage even prevents enlarged pores in future.
Almond contains skin restorative properties and gently exfoliates the skin which helps in minimizing the pores effectively.
Orange Peel is rich in vitamin C, contains potent anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties which aids in preventing acne and makes the pores less visible.
- Almond- 4 to 6 Nos
- Orange Peel Powder- 1 tsp
- Water- 1 tsp
- Firstly take 4 to 6 almonds and grind them coarsely in a blender.
- Then add the ground almond and orange peel in a bowl.
- Later add in enough water about 1 to 2 tsp to make a smooth paste of almond and orange peel powder.
- Apply this almond and orange peel paste on face evenly, avoiding the eye area.
- Then massage the scrub in circular motion for 2 to 3 minutes gently.
- Later allow the mask to dry for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Then wash off the mask with warm water thoroughly and pat dry the skin.
- This process can be repeated twice a week to eliminate enlarged pores easily.
15. Papaya and Pineapple Mask Remedy
Want to know how to get rid of clogged pores on nose, face and chin?
Then try this tried and tested effective remedy for banishing pores with just one application. This miraculous fruity face mask contains skin friendly ingredients like papaya and pineapple that reduce the visibility of the pores in an instance.
Papaya contains the enzyme called as papain and alpha hydroxyl acids which promotes the skin regeneration and even dissolves the dead skin cells from the skin for luminous glowing skin.
Pineapple contains bromelain enzyme which helps in cleansing the entrapped dead skin cells in the pores to give the skin a smooth texture.
- Fresh Papaya- ¼ Cup
- Fresh Pineapple Juice- 1 tsp
- Firstly take a bowl and add in papaya.
- Then mash the papaya with the help of fork until its smooth and puree like consistency.
- Later add pineapple juice into the papaya puree and mix well.
- Apply this papaya and pineapple paste on face and affected area evenly.
- Allow the mask to dry for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Later wash off the fruit mask with warm water and pat dry the skin.
- This process can be repeated twice a week to get rid of clogged pores on forehead, nose, chin and face effectively.
16. Tomato and Lemon Juice remedy
Looking for how to get rid of pores on nose and forehead?
Then try this tomato and lemon juice remedy to shrink pores and maintain a smooth glowing skin.
Tomato contains acidic properties which helps to get rid of excessive oils and brightens the skin.
Lemon aids to de-clog the pores by removing blackheads and other impurities from the skin.
- Fresh Tomato Puree- 2 Nos
- Lemon Juice- 4 to 5 Drops
- Take a bowl and add in fresh tomato puree.
- Then add in 4 to 5 drops of lemon juice into tomato puree and stir well.
- Later apply this tomato and lemon juice paste on the affected area.
- Allow the application to dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then wash off the mask with cold water thoroughly and pat dry the skin.
- This process can be repeated twice a week to shrink large pores on nose easily.
17. Parsley Soak Remedy
Is your regular cleansing routine not helping you in getting rid of visibly large pores?
Worried about how to clean nose pores effectively?
Then stop worrying and try out this parsley cleanser for deep cleansing the pores and removing all the dirt and oils entrapped in the pores.
Parsley contains potent astringent agent which acts as an excellent yet mild cleanser which doesn’t irritate the sensitive skin. Moreover parsley cleanser even draws out the impurities and toxins from the skin which leads to dull skin.
- Parsley- 2 to 3 Sprigs
- Water- 1 Bowl
- Wash Cloth
- Firstly bring 1 bowl of water to a boil.
- Then wash the parsley well with plain water.
- Add the washed parsley into boiling water and remove it from the water from the heat immediately.
- Cover and allow the parsley to steep in boiling water for 10 to 12 minutes or until the water has cooled down to room temperature.
- Then take a wash cloth and saturate it with the parsley infused water.
- Squeeze out the excess water.
- Then cover your face with the warm damp wash cloth.
- Allow face cloth to sit on the face for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Later massage the wash cloth on the affected area in circular motions for 30 to 50 seconds.
- Then rinse your face with plain water.
- This process can be repeated daily once to deeply cleanse nose pores.
Do’s and Don’ts for avoiding Huge Pores –
- Always use lukewarm water to wash your face.
- Avoid rubbing your face harshly and always pat dry your skin after washing your face.
- Always use gentle cleansers to cleanse your face.
- Never over exfoliate your skin.
- Make sure to remove makeup before sleeping as it clog your pores and make your pores look more visible.
So, these were some of the best and most effective remedies to resolve your concern about how to get rid of clogged pores on nose, face and chin.
Now try these easy economical remedies alternatives to banish the annoying pores on your face instead of splurging on the various expensive cosmetic procedures.
All these remedies about how to open pores and de-clog the pores mentioned above are completely natural and safe. If in case the issue continues to prolong in spite of trying the remedies regularly it is suggested to consult a specialist.
If you liked any of our remedies don’t forget to comment and let us know which remedy worked the best for you.