A perfectly toned butt is what every woman’s envy and dream. But there is a lot of hard work that goes behind achieving that well toned butt that you see the fitness trainers or Hollywood celebrities flaunt.
A balanced diet and the right workout regime is what results in a well shaped and toned butt.
It has often been seen that women who are workout freaks and overtly health conscious make the common mistake of following the wrong workout regime and expect the best results from them.
This is where the need to hire a professional trainer is essential. Or another way of achieving that perfect butt is by understanding what kind of exercise will help you in achieving that.
Wondering how to lift your butt without any professional help?
Well when it comes to workouts especially for toning your butt there is a set of things that you mainly need to work on.
There are three different categories that mainly targets the glutes and firms it up:
- Kicks and Kick Backs
These are the three core workout regions that you need to work on in order to get super fit butt.
Through this article we will provide you with an ample amount of information about these three different categories of the butt workouts.
We have revealed our top 13 exercises to tone your butt and without any professional guidance.
These workouts includes the three categories that fires up your glutes and makes them super firm within a limited period of time.
These exercises will help you make your glutes stronger and toner. These are some of the best butt workout for women at home listed out by some of the most popular fitness trainers from all over the globe.
Table of Contents
- Top 13 Butt Exercises to Tone Your Butt :
- 1. The Hip Bridge
- 2. The Hip Bridge Progression
- 3. Donkey Kick to Tone Your Butt
- 4. Wall Donkey Kick
- 5. Abductor Squats to Tone Your Butt
- 6. Marching Hip Raise
- 7. Hydrants wit Leg Extension
- 8. Spider Burpee
- 9. Jump Squat
- 10. Floor Jack to Tone Your Butt
- 11. Quadruped Hip Extensions
- 12. Ice Skaters Butt Workout
- 13. Heel Lifted Sumo Squat
- Do’s and Don’t
Top 13 Butt Exercises to Tone Your Butt :
1. The Hip Bridge
This is undoubtedly the most recommended and most preferred butt exercises. This exercise is the perfect answer for the popular question about how to lift your butt. This workout targets the glutes and gives the fastest results.
- Firstly take a mat and lie on it on your back with knees bent and facing upwards.
- Now place your heels into the floor and slowly lift your toes upwards towards the shins.
- Slowly raise your butt off the ground until your back feels like it has formed a straight line right from the shoulders to your knees.
- Hold this position for at least 1-2 seconds before lowering yourself down back to the starting position.
- Repeat this for 10-15 reps for best results.
- This is one of the easiest and yet the most effective booty workouts that can be done at home.
2. The Hip Bridge Progression
This is a one step difficult version of the above mentioned hip bridge butt workout (1). This workout is the best answer for your query about how to tone your butt at home and without the use of any equipment.
- Lie on your back on the mat and lift your hip upwards with your feet on the floor.
- Now extend one leg at the top of your lift.
- Make sure to keep your thighs parallel and hold your leg in the uplifted position for at least 4-5 seconds.
- Keeping your hip in the upwards position place your foot back on the floor.
- Then slowly lower down your hips.
- Repeat this leg stretch position for about 20-30 seconds and keep switching the sides as you do.
- 30 seconds on each leg.
- This is also counted amongst the best butt exercises.
3. Donkey Kick to Tone Your Butt
If you have been researching about at home workouts for butt then this maybe the one for you!
This workout directly and most effectively targets mainly on the glutes. So a few reps religiously practiced for a couple of months and you have that dream toned butt for yourself.
- Get yourself on the mat firstly.
- Lie down on your back with feet flat on the floor.
- Now slowly get on your hands and knees.
- Make sure that your wrist is aligned under your shoulders and knees under your hips.
- Now draw your abs in and lift your right leg parallel to the floor with bent knees and foot flexed.
- Make sure that you feel the squeeze on your glutes.
- Hold this position for 2-3 seconds.
- Return to the starting position.
- Repeat this for about 15-20 times on each leg.
- This is a great butt workout routine that can be practiced at home or even when you are on a holiday and have no access to the gym.
4. Wall Donkey Kick
This is a difficult version of the donkey kick (2) and works even more effectively on the butt region.
This kick especially considered as one of the top glute workouts for women.
- Firstly stand with your back facing the wall nearby.
- Make sure you have complete support of the wall while standing.
- Now get on your hands and knees making sure that your hands are on a shoulder-width apart distance and with knees under your hips.
- Slowly lift up on your toes while still ensuring that your knees are bent.
- This will be your starting position.
- Now kick off the ground with enough power for your feet to land safely on the wall right behind you.
- Your body should be in the position resembling to your starting position but the only difference will be that your body is now in a vertical position.
- Your toes should be the only part of the body that should be touching the wall.
- Now jump back down to the starting position.
- Make sure to keep your arms firmly in place during this whole booty workout for best balance and support.
- Repeat this for 5-10 times switching sides.
( Also Read: How to Tone your Arms with 10 Easy Exercises )
5. Abductor Squats to Tone Your Butt
This can definitely be counted among our top 13 exercises to tone your butt as it involves weight training which probably is the quickest way to tone your butt.
Our legs and butt are known to be the largest muscle groups in our body (3) and this is also why they are the most difficult ones to tone.
But with this weight training for toning glutes there is no looking back.
- Stand with feet apart and wider than the hip width.
- Make sure to keep your back straight throughout this glute workout
- Now lock your arms holding a single dumbbell in the middle.
- Slowly lower your body weight into a squat and hold yourself in this position for 1-2 seconds.
- Then return to your starting position.
- Do this for 10-12 reps.
- This workout tones your butt and is the perfect answer for your query about do squats make your butt bigger. The fact is that they tone and shape your butt.
6. Marching Hip Raise
Looking for popular exercises for your butt?
Then try one of these butt toning exercises!
This workout move works directly on the targeted butt area.
- Lie down on your mat with face facing upwards and with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Now slowly raise your hips so that your body forms a straight line right from your shoulders to your knees.
- Now lift one knee closer to your chest and hold this for 1-2 seconds.
- Now lower your back to the starting position.
- Now switch sides and repeat the same with your other leg.
- Continue to alternate between both the legs with 10-12 reps.
- This is one of the quickest workouts for your butt as it tones the butt muscles faster.
7. Hydrants wit Leg Extension
Apart from the very popular squats for butt workout routine this is another variation that helps in toning your butt without the use of any equipment or weights.
This helps in toning your glutes and also is effective in trimming your waste.
A regular follow up of this workout routine and you will never want to go back to squatting because it is equally effective in shaping your butt.
- Firstly start by being on your all fours on the mat.
- Make sure to be on your knees with hip-width apart distance and your wrists stacked over your shoulders.
- Keep your knees bent on a 90 degree angle and lift your right leg out to your hips height and then extend the raised leg straight and outwards to the side.
- Hold this position for about 2-3 seconds.
- Next bend your knee again and bring back your leg to the starting position and this would be your first rep.
- Continue doing this for about 10-12 reps with each leg.
- This is a great at home butt workouts for women which requires no weights or squats.
8. Spider Burpee
This workout is recommended by some top celebrity fitness trainers as one of the best glute workouts for women.
This workout although focuses on the glutes but it can easily considered as a whole body workout that requires no equipment or weights.
A regular follow up of this workout routine is a great way to lose fat, tone and shape your body.
- Start off this workout in a plank position on a mat.
- Make sure to engage your abs and lengthen the spine in the plank position.
- Now step your right foot next to your right hand then return to the plank position.
- Now step the left foot next to your left hand and then return back to the plank position.
- Next jump both your feet forward on the outside of your hands and jump into a standing position.
- Make sure to jump as high as possible while returning to the standing position.
- Lower back to the ground and return to the starting position.
- Repeat this 10-12 reps for best butt workout
( Also Read: What to Eat Before and After a Workout )
9. Jump Squat
Are you looking for the right solution about how to get a nice butt at home?
Then this squat variation is the ultimate one for you!
As this jump squat version works even more effectively than the regular squats on the glutes.
- Start by standing at a hip-width apart distance and arms placed in front of the body.
- Now squat down until your thighs are parallel to the floor and jump up as high as you possibly can.
- While jumping high make sure to push your arms down and backwards.
- Land gently and immediately lower and continue with the next repetition.
- Do this for 10-15 reps for best results.
- This is one of the best squats workouts.
10. Floor Jack to Tone Your Butt
This floor jack is an advanced version of the jumping jack workout and it is known to target mainly the glutes.
Several fitness trainers all across the globe consider this to be as one of the best butt toning exercises for women.
- Lie face down on your mat.
- Now extend your arms and legs so as to form an “X” shape and then do the jumping jacks in this position without actually jumping.
- Continue this for 3 sets of 20-30 seconds each.
- This is one of the most followed glute exercises for women.
11. Quadruped Hip Extensions
There are many references available online when it comes to great butt workouts. But very few of them offer the most effective results within a limited period of time.
The booty workouts mentioned in this article are proven to guarantee you with the best results for booty shaping and toning.
This particular workout is known to fire up your glutes like no other. As this workout maximizes the ability of the glute toning the more you practice and hence is called as one of the best glute toning workouts.
- Start with your hands and knees on the mat in the quadruped position with your knees below your hips and your wrists below your shoulders with palms facing forward.
- Make sure to keep your core muscles engaged and slowly lift your right leg.
- Make sure that your knee must stay bent as you press your foot up facing towards the ceiling.
- Hold this position for 3-4 seconds and come back to the starting position.
- Repeat this with the same leg for 8-12 reps.
- Switch sides and repeat the same with your left leg.
- So if your ultimate question in life is about how to get a nice butt then this workout is the one for you!
12. Ice Skaters Butt Workout
Don’t have enough equipment to tone your butt? Confused about how to tone your butt at home?
Then just give this amazing butt toning exercise that targets the glutes like nothing else. It is a workout version to the actual form of the body that skaters follow while ice skating.
This workout needs to be practiced for at least 2-3 months for best results.
A regular practice is the key to the best butt!
- Start with feet at a hip-width distance apart and with knees bent.
- Now lean forward slightly and hop by crossing your left leg in front of your right leg while lifting your right leg back.
- At the same time extend your right arm in front of your left knee while reaching your left arm slightly backwards as if you are actually ice skating.
- Now slowly jump back to your starting position and repeat this on the opposite side and this will be your 1 rep.
- Continue this for 10 reps for 2-3 sets.
- This is a great workout that can be followed at home and also makes you feel like you are practising a sport for real.
- Several ice skaters actually believe that this is probably the best workouts for your butt.
13. Heel Lifted Sumo Squat
This will definitely have to be the best squat workouts as it’s an advanced version of the original sumo squat.
This variation of the sumo squat helps in instantly targeting and firing up the glutes and with every session you can definitely feel the burn on your glutes.
Many health magazines have rated this version of the sumo squat as one of the best butt toning exercises.
- Start with your feet slightly wider than your shoulders width apart and toes pointed outwards.
- Now lift your right heel and with complete control over it sit your hips back as you lower your butt towards the floor.
- Make sure to keep your knees behind your toes and brace your core for a better balance.
- Hold this position and then press your left heel to stand up and get back into the starting position and this shall be your one rep.
- Continue this for 8-10 reps and of 3 sets.
- Switch sides.
- This is the best butt workout that targets glutes as well as your inner thighs.
- So following up with this workout routine benefits and targets two regions that are the most difficult to tone up.
Do’s and Don’t
There are a few Do’s & Don’t’s that one needs to keep in mind before beginning their butt exercise ritual and a few important ones are posted below for you:
- If you are a beginner at workout or trying out butt toning exercises for the first time then it a must that you follow this workout routine religiously for every day of your week.
- Continue doing this for at least 1-2 months as this ensures in making workouts a core part of your daily routine and this is the only way to gain the best workout results.
- Always make sure to keep breathing during your entire booty workouts regime as this helps in maintaining a good balance in your energy levels.
- Make sure to have a bottle of water handy and drink only small sips in brief intervals of your workouts as this will help in preventing you from dehydration.
- The key to achieving a great butt is consistency and limited reps in the initial stages of your workout. As this way you won’t stress your body out more than its normal limit and you develop focus and consistency while working out.
Apart from the best butt workouts that we have recommended above diet plays a key role in achieving a toned butt so here are a few pointers for what foods to include in your diet to have a firm butt:
- A balanced diet with a good mix of protein and fiber is the key to gaining that super toned butt along with butt toning workouts.
- Some of the best sources of protein that needs to be included in the diet for a great butt are cottage cheese, salmon, eggs, tuna, protein powder, soya nuts, chicken, beans & legumes and turkey.
- Carbohydrates are another essential food group that needs to be included for gaining the best results for the query about how to tone your butt at home.
- Foods that are rich in carbohydrates are quinoa, coos coos, brown rice, sweet potatoes, oats and whole wheat breads.
- Foods that are rich fiber include green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits like banana, apple and many others.
- Adding healthy fatty acids further aids in the butt toning process as it helps in building healthy and good fats in your body.
- So including healthy fatty foods like peanut butter, olive oil, extra virgin olive oil, fish fat or fish oil capsules, fatty nuts like almonds, cashews, walnuts and others can be beneficial in toning the butt.
So now that we have revealed our top 13 exercises to tone your butt we hope you make the most of these popular suggestions.
These butt workouts have been proven to guarantee you with the best butt toning results within a limited period of time. Another positive of just following these workouts is that you don’t require any professional help or equipment to expect the best butt toning results.
We urge you try them out for yourself and gain the maximum butt shaping results out of them.
If at all even after following these workout routines for more than 2-3 months you haven’t managed to gain the expected results we would suggest you take some expert help and guidance for the same.
Do let us know by dropping in a line as to which of the butt workouts recommended by us have been of best help to you we would love to hear from you to serve you with better suggestions.
All of the workouts mentioned above have been recommended after thorough research and from expert suggestions.