Having beautiful lips is every woman’s dream. Lips are known to be a center of attraction for the face.
Some have thin lips while other have full lips, it doesn’t matter what size you’ve got. There are so many wonderful ways to change the size of your lips.
Usually, people think that big lips are more attractive than thin lips, as it makes them look sexy. But, people who have big lips find it unattractive, and they desire to have thin lips.
If you are also bickering with the same thought, then, hold on, there are incredible tips for you to make lips smaller.
Lips are considered to be a very crucial part of our face. One must take proper care of it, to make them look charming.
Table of Contents
- Amazing Ways to Get Thinner Lips Naturally
- 1. Exercises for Thinning Lips
- 2. Cleaning your Lips
- 3. Moisturizing your Lips
- 4. Treat Injuries of Lips
- 5. Make-Up for Smaller Lips
- Further Tips to Get Smaller Lips
Amazing Ways to Get Thinner Lips Naturally
How to show big lips smaller without surgery? Here are some exclusive ways to get that perfect desirable shape of your lips.
1. Exercises for Thinning Lips
Some still doubt whether doing lips exercises can make lips smaller. They are actually helpful in getting smaller lips, if followed properly and regularly.
You need to give few months’ time to see the difference in your lips.
I. Tongue Twister Exercise
- Twist your tongue all over your mouth.
- It tones your lips muscles.
- Repeat it multiple times during a day.
- How to make lips look smaller. Follow this regularly for few months.
II. Lip Movement Exercise
- Put your lower lip above your upper lip.
- Then, smile widely.
- Make sure that your upper lip does not fall on the lower lip while doing this exercise.
- Doing this often is sure to give fabulous results, and good looking lips.
III. Smiling Exercise
- Smile vigorously by pulling down the corners of your mouth.
- Do 10 set each time, and repeat this exercise 10-15 times a day.
- How to get smaller lips. Continue this exercise regularly.
It is very easy and convenient to do these exercises. You can do while working, watching, sitting, walking, etc., just remember to do it.
After doing these exercises for months, you may see a slight change, but for others it will be more evident to see a change in your lips.
2. Cleaning your Lips
Keep your lips clean, is one of the ways to get smaller lips. Dead skin starts to accumulate on the surface of your lips, which makes lips look dark.
Cleaning your lips every week helps to get rid of dirt and dead skin.
Though some people say dark lips look smaller, but if it’s unclean it looks more ugly than attractive.
Dirty lips often cause infection or swelling of lips which distort the shape and thickness of your lips.
If you want your lips to look attractive, then clean your lips regularly using a lip scrub, or some home remedies below.
I. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe-Vera works wonders to your skin and it also helps to remove dryness of the lips, making it soft and pink. It also takes away all the impurities from your lips.
- Take out some gel from an aloe vera leaf.
- Apply it on your lips and massage gently.
- Allow it to dry for few minutes, and then wash off.
- How to make your lips look smaller. It will not only clean your lips, but make it look thinner and beautiful.
Citric acid in lemon acts as a bleaching agent and natural cleanser, which takes away dirt and impurities from your lips.
- Cut a thin slice of lemon.
- Dash some sugar on top of lemon.
- Use it to rub on your lips.
- You can also make a mixture of ½ tsp each of lemon juice, honey, and glycerin, and use it to scrub your lips.
- This process helps to peel dead cells, and allows new skin to appear.
Cucumber is one of the most water rich vegetables and it used in face masks as it contains lot of water, caffeic ascorbic acids which can hydrate and moisturize your lips. It also has skin lightening properties, which can remove darkness from your lips and make it to look pink.
- Extract some cucumber juice.
- Take cotton, and apply this juice on your lips.
- Let it settle for 15 minutes, and then wash off with water.
- Or you can place cut slices of cucumber on your lips for 15-20 minutes.
- Do this regularly to get thinner lips.
3. Moisturizing your Lips
Moisturizing your lips is very vital, as it removes chapped lips by providing moisture to it. This also helps in making lips smooth and soft. Moisturizing is important, because lack of moisture makes your lips dry, and it looks even bigger.
You can use a lip moisturizer, milk based cream, petroleum jelly or some natural ingredients like honey, olive oil, or coconut oil to moisturize your lips.
4. Treat Injuries of Lips
Sometimes even the slightest damages on lips swells and make it look bigger. Injury can happen due to insect bite, lip bite, cut or a wound.
It is necessary to take proper care of the wounds because it can leave a permanent mark on your lips, if left untreated.
For major injuries, you should consult a doctor and get a treatment. If it’s minor, like normal cut, bite, or bruise, then you can heal at home only, by using some of the natural methods.
I. Ice Cubes
- Take 2-3 ice cubes, and rub directly on your affected lips.
- You can also wrap some ice cubes in a clean cloth and use.
- Doing this 2-3 times a day, will help you in getting healing faster.
II. Aloe Vera Pod
- Take aloe vera pod, and apply it directly on your wound or blister.
- Rub the pod gently for few minutes.
- Then, wash it after 20 minutes.
- Do it regularly till your lips healed.
Process: 2 Lip Balm
- Take some aloe vera gel, and mix it with 1 tsp olive oil.
- Use this as a lip balm. So, no need to wash it.
- Apply 2-3 times, especially before going to bed.
- It works wonder in healing the wound faster. Plus, it hydrates and nourishes your lips.
5. Make-Up for Smaller Lips
Though it is difficult to get thinner lips without surgery, but we can make it happen through make-up. With the help of some make up skills, you may get smaller lips temporarily.
If smaller lips make you look attractive and sexy. Then, let’s go for some make up techniques to make it appear smaller and attractive.
Foundation helps in toning down the bright color of your lips (1), and hazes the edges of your lips. Making your lips more blurry will not let anyone know your lip line, which naturally makes your lips look smaller.
- Take a little foundation in your palm.
- Use a sponge to apply it over your lips.
- Allow the foundation to dry fully, before applying a liner.
II. Lip Concealer
You can conceal your lips more intrigue by using a lip concealer. Select a lip concealer suiting the tone of your lips.
- First, apply on topline of your lips, by filling out a thin line of concealer.
- Similarly, apply it on the bottom line of your lips.
- Use a thin sponge or your finger to apply a lip concealer.
- Mix the concealer properly, and make sure the lines of your lips are merged in your skin to get that natural look.
- Lip concealer will definitely help in making your lips look smaller.
III. Lip Liner
You can use a lip liner, instead concealer in getting thin lips. Choose a neutral or pale color lip liner.
Concealer is usually recommended, as it gives more natural look but if you don’t want to use then you can use a lip liner.
- Select a darker shade lip liner than your natural skin tone.
- Using a lip liner, outline your lip line below.
- Keep a distance of 1mm from actual lip lines.
- Never draw a very dark line, as it may result in appearing bigger lips.
Choosing a right color lipstick can make your lips appear smaller (2). Always go for light colors such as light brown, nude or light pink, as dark color draws lot of attention on lips.
Avoid using glossy or shiny lipsticks, as it tend to make your lips bigger. Pick a matte or cream based lipstick.
It is always better not to use lip gloss, as it highlights the lips and make it look bigger. But, if you want to use it, then cover only the center part of your lips, and avoid the entire lips.
For getting good results, apply lipstick using a lip brush and not directly.
Further Tips to Get Smaller Lips
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water during the day, for providing moisture to the lips and preventing water retention in the body. As, water retention makes your lips look bigger.
- Do light make-up for lips, and bright make-up for eyes to distract people from your lips.
- Remove lip hair regularly, as it helps in giving smaller lips appearance. Use tweezers to pluck the hairs around your lips, or you can wax if hair is big. But, avoid using razors as it increases the hair growth.
- Wearing braces makes your lips look plumper, but don’t worry because it is temporary and once you remove braces your lips will look normal.
- Use a highlighter in the middle of your lips, which naturally gives a sheen look.
- Do proper make-up for lips to make it eye-catching. If it doesn’t look good, then wipe off and do it again.
- Use ombre technique in which the edges of your lips tend to be darker and lighter in the middle. Transition from light to dark should be smooth.
- Moisturize your lips daily 2-3 times by using a moisturizer or a cream. You can also use petroleum jelly, shea butter, clarified butter, glycerin, milk, coconut, and olive oil to moisturize.
- Lower lips attracts more attention than upper lips, so focus more on lower part of your lips to make it look thinner.
- If you want to avoid lip color, and want natural pink lips, then combine any lip peel mask with food color, and put it all over your lips. Peel off the mask after 10 minutes or till it dries completely.
- Clean your lips regularly at least once a week.
- Avoid biting your lips and peeling it unnecessarily.
- While brushing, pass a toothbrush over your lips to make it soft and smooth.
- We don’t recommend surgery for getting smaller lips, but if you are keen in doing, then do a thorough research before opting for a surgery. Discuss with your doctor in details, its outcome, pros, and cons.
Other things can also cause your lips to appear big, which are not in your control, like, your lips can be big genetically, or if you wear braces, etc.
There are medical conditions too like cleft palate or distortion of lips which is permanent, in these situations, it is always best to consult a doctor.