Vomiting or throwing up is a natural make up of the human body and this should only be induced after proper consultation with the doctor.
You need to be alert about the short and long term side effects of inducing vomiting. This is because it is harmful for your overall health.
Table of Contents
- How to Induce Vomiting
- 1. Fingers
- 2. The Toothbrush Trick
- 3. Mustard Water
- 4. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 5. Warm Salt-Water
- 6. Sensory Stimulation
- 7. Spin Around
- 8. Drink Coca-Cola
- 9. Try Emetics
- 10. Overeating
- 11. Egg White Gargle
- 12. Unpleasant smells and sights
- 13. Use Bloodroot Herb
- 14. Hydrogen Peroxide
- 15. Castor Oil
- 16. Drink Lots Of Water
- Extra Tips
Forced Vomiting Can Cause
- Burns your esophagus
- Erodes the tooth enamel
- Takes away minerals from the body
- Swelling in the airways
Vomiting must never be used for weight loss because it finally leads to eating disorders. It can cause Bulimia and malnutrition in the human body.
Finally your life is in danger. Pregnant women must never forcefully vomit as it can cause malnutrition in their baby.
How to Induce Vomiting
Given below are some of the best ways to induce vomiting. They are,
If it is absolutely necessary for you to throw up then it is recommended to try using fingers to activate the reflexes. This will automatically help you throw up.
How to do it?
- Go to your bathroom and sit at a comfortable position with your head down so that you do not choke.
- Make sure your index and middle fingers are clean before you put them in your mouth.
- Place the fingers on your tongue and then move them slowly move backwards till your fingers reach the back of your palate area.
- When you gently press over you will be able to induce vomiting.
- You will get stomach cramps at once. Now remove your fingers and let yourself free.
- After you have finished vomiting you must rinse your hands and mouth properly.
2. The Toothbrush Trick
When thinking about different ways of how to induce vomiting you can resort to your toothbrush as a remedy.
How to do it?
- You must use a soft bristle toothbrush
- Wet the toothbrush
- Now gently rub the bristles at the back of your tongue palate
- This will stimulate the reflexes
- Repeat this 2 or 3 times until you feel stomach cramps.
- After you are done with throwing up, you must wash your mouth and hands properly.
3. Mustard Water
It is the best way for you to make you throw up easily and quickly. Mustard paste has an unpleasant taste and smell that will help you easily vomit.
- 1 tablespoon Mustard Sauce or Paste
- 1 glass of warm Water
- Mix warm water and mustard paste in a proper solution.
- Stir well and drink it instantly.
- You must sit comfortably where you want to vomit. This is because you will have to wait for 20 minutes to half hour for inducing vomiting.
- This is a home remedy and it may not work the same way upon everyone.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
If you have eaten rotten food and think it can cause food poisoning then apple cider vinegar is the best solution for you.
The apple cider vinegar that you drink must be organic and raw. It is only then that it will help you throw up easily.
The harmful bacteria and other pathogens are sensitive to acid. Apple cider vinegar clears the toxins off the body.
1 to 2 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
To throw up easily, you must drink 1 or 2 tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar. The strong odor will help you vomit.
5. Warm Salt-Water
Water and table salt are two ingredients that are readily available at home. It is a vomit inducing solution that you can drink if you think the food that you ate was poisonous.
The salt water can help induce vomit but you also have to be aware of the health risks.
This is because as per AHA (American Heart Association) recommendations you must not eat 1500 mg of sodium in a day (1).
- 3 teaspoons Salt
- 1 glass warm Water
- Mix the salt in warm water and stir well.
- You do not have to drink it all.
- Drink on till you feel the stomach cramps.
- The extreme salty water will force you a stomach upset almost immediately.
Note: this remedy is not recommended for people following a strict sodium diet.
6. Sensory Stimulation
There are various senses in human body and they react differently to different situations.
Well, there are some stimuli that can help you throw up easily. For example, watching other people vomit creates nausea within and can lead you to vomiting.
The throw up contents have an offensive smell that cam create a reflex in your body and help you vomit.
You can watch videos of people vomiting or even watch disgusting food procedures. Rotten fruits and vegetables are also something that can help you throw up.
7. Spin Around
Spinning constantly for a certain time period can help you feel dizzy and nauseous too. It can cause stomach cramps easily and be vomit inducing too.
How to do it?
- You can sit on a chair that rotates or spins
- Begin the rotation slowly and then increase the speed gradually till you cannot take it anymore.
- This will help you throw up
8. Drink Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola is a common home remedy that many people use for gastritis, upset stomach and even as a medicine to induce vomiting.
The fizz inside coca-cola comes very handy. The carbonate helps in relieving upset stomach but if it is had alternately with water then it can induce vomit. This is a good remedy for food poisoning.
9. Try Emetics
Homemade emetic is the way to go when trying to throw up. But if you cannot then you can buy emetics from pharmacy store near you. The syrup you buy needs to be mixed with water and had in one gulp. You can also find emetic tablets.
These medicines must only be taken in the comfort of your bathroom because it will cause stomach cramps and vomit. This is a safe way to vomit if you have accidentally taken in poisonous substance.
Although there are immediate side effects like low blood pressure, dizziness, fast heartbeat, shortness of breath etc.
Hence it is advised to use these tablets under proper medical care only.
When you overeat you tend to overextend your stomach that is you fill your stomach beyond its real capacity. Thus, your stomach throws up excess food making it the best medicine to induce vomiting.
But, when you are overeating to throw up, you need to be careful about the food you eat you do not later want to end up having stomach ache or other diseases. Eating healthy food is the key.
11. Egg White Gargle
Egg white gargle is a homemade emetic for throwing up. It is safe and does not have any side effect. To really think off, who would want to taste raw eggs?
Can you even dare to think about it? It can be done at any time and is best for food poisoning.
- Egg White of 2-3 eggs
- Beat the egg whites in a cup and then gargle with it slowly till the stomach cramp sets up. That is when you spit the egg whites out and vomit.
12. Unpleasant smells and sights
If you are finding ways to induce vomiting then unpleasant smell and sight may do the job for you. Human brain reacts to bad odor and sight causing nausea and a long exposure will lead to vomiting.
While looking at the unpleasant sight if you gag yourself with your hand, then it will be easier to throw up.
13. Use Bloodroot Herb
The bloodroot herb is well known to cause nausea and thus is perfect ways to induce vomiting(2).
The powder of this wonderful herb can be mixed with warm water and had immediately to throw up.
This is a powerful herb and has to be taken in correct dosage. Its power is such that it works almost instantly.
It is a little toxic thus care has to be taken not to overdose yourself with it. The side effects tunnel vision, foot pain and fatal symptoms where a doctor’s attention is needed at once.
14. Hydrogen Peroxide
For this remedy it is better to consult and take a doctor’s permission. Because you know that you are dealing with a chemical here. The chemical hydrogen peroxide must not be beyond 3% (3).
- 1 teaspoon Hydrogen Peroxide
- 1 cup warm Water
- Mix the hydrogen peroxide in water and drink it instantly.
Note: This is a chemical and must only be used as a last resort if none other home remedies of how to induce vomit work for you.
15. Castor Oil
Castor oil is a famous product that works wonders for hair growth and is used in making soaps, dyes, plastics, ink, textiles, cosmetics etc. In addition, it is also a popular way of how to induce vomiting naturally in humans.
Castor beans are used for making this oil and is widely available everywhere. But the only downside of taking castor oil is that it may cause dehydration in your body.
Therefore, it has to be used carefully and not overdone at all. 1 tablespoon of castor oil is enough for 1 time.
- 1 tablespoon Castor Oil
- 1 glass lukewarm Water/ Juice
- Mix the two thoroughly and then drink it.
Note: children must not be administered this remedy at any cost as it will cause lung inflammation in children.
16. Drink Lots Of Water
Drinking lots of water is an ideal way to induce vomit. It is free of side effects and is completely safe.
There are no drugs used. You will automatically want to throw up when your stomach is overfilled with water.
High content of water puts less strain on stomach, oesophagus and throat while throwing up.
The only important thing to remember here is that you must wait for 10 minutes before you throw up.
Your head must always be downward when you want to throw up.
- Extra clothes or hair must not come in the way of vomiting and they must stay away from your mouth.
- When you have eaten what induces vomiting then you must have a bucket near you or toilet for proper waste disposal.
- Always wash your mouth, face and hands thoroughly after vomiting. This will help to wash away the foul smell and let you feel fresh.
- While vomiting you must avoid choking yourself because that will slow the process of vomiting.
- When you vomit it makes your body dehydrated. Therefore you have to drink lots of fluid to ensure that you rehydrate your body. Drink lukewarm water and fluids to help your body absorb it fast.
- Try to drink hot soup or broth after 1 or 2 hours to help your body recover faster.
- Never brush your teeth after you vomit. This is the time when your enamel is the weakest and can actually come off easily.
- After vomiting if you can then do take a warm bath as it helps you recover pretty fast and help you feel a lot better than before.
- You can try drinking herbal teas as they contain antioxidants and improve digestion.
- Take proper rest. You can sleep and allow you to be normal.
- You must not do how to induce vomiting for losing weight. It will be harmful for your body in the long run.
In the end, vomiting is actually the easiest way to relieve your body off the toxic substance or food item.
But this method should only be resorted to after a proper consultation with your doctor. If you have been vomiting for a long time then the upper digestive tract will be affected. Thus you need a doctor’s proper care and attention.
You need to wash and clean up the mess after you have thrown up. Self induced vomiting must not make its way regularly into your daily life as it will cause Bulimia Nervosa.