I am a true fan of homemade deodorant. It all started just two years ago.
From sprays, roll-ons, and liquid sticks, I have tried all of them, but nothing worked well enough for me.
After an intense work out and a long day out, there were always moments when I realized that my market-based deodorant is not able to mask my body odor.
This is not the only reason that pushed me and may push you to make your own deodorant.
After lots of online research and browsing through many articles, I found that market based deodorants are jam-packed with harmful, toxic substances and paraben.
Yes! Paraben are all around, but the content of paraben and toxic substances in commercially available deodorants is very high.
Even worse is the fact that these deodorants include even toxic chemicals, which when absorbed by skin can lead to several severe ailments.
Table of Contents
- Homemade Deodorant – Why They Are Awesome!
- Commercial Deodorants – Unveiling the Toxic Ingredients in Them!
- Homemade Deodorants – The Best Alternatives to Market-based Deodorants
- 1. Coconut Oil, Baking Soda, and Arrowroot Powder
- 2. Coconut Oil Deodorant with Bentonite Clay
- 3. Jojoba Oil Deodorant Recipe
- 4. Shea Butter Deodorant
- 5. Essential Oil Deodorant
- 6. Citrus Deodorant
- 7. Herbal Deodorant
- 8. Shea Butter, Kokum Butter, and Mango Butter Deodorant Recipe
- 9. Magnesium Oil Deodorant Spray
- 10. Apple Cider Vinegar Deodorant Spray
Homemade Deodorant – Why They Are Awesome!
These deodorants are prepared from natural ingredients. Hence, they are absolutely safe on skin and smell awesome. These are the best market based deodorant alternatives that everyone can use.
Making such deodorants at home is very easy. They can be prepared in very less time and even for a very less price.
They deliver lasting fresh fragrance, which might not be assured by commercially available deodorants.
If you want to know of the best homemade deodorant recipe, then make sure you read this post till the end.
But before that, I would like to jot down the list of harmful ingredients available in the market based deodorants.
Commercial Deodorants – Unveiling the Toxic Ingredients in Them!
- Commercial deodorants are a house of parabens. They include parabens such as benzyl, butyl, ethyl, propyl, and methyl. All these ingredients are proven to cause skin irritation and various skin problems. Regular use of such chemicals can also result in breast cancer in females.
- There are few branded deodorants identified to include aluminum compounds. These deodorants include compounds such as aluminum zirconium, aluminum chloro-hydrate, and tetrachlorohydrex gly. Application of such ingredients on skin can lead to breast cancer.
- Most of the commercial deodorants are known to include silica. A direct contact of silica to the skin can lead to skin allergies, skin cancer, and even increased toxicity levels in the skin.
- Talc is one of the prominent components of market based deodorants. Talc can clog skin pores and can even result in cancer. For such reasons, sometimes we do not sweat after using deodorants with high amounts of talc.
- You must have read about deodorants containing triclosan. But do you know that triclosan can lead to severe skin irritation? If you use concentrated deodorants, then they can lead to dermatitis and cancer.
- Another prominent ingredient in commercially available deodorant is propylene glycol. It is an extremely harmful ingredient that can result in high allergic reactions, damage to the liver and kidney.
- Besides these, artificial fragrance and steareth-n are other ingredients present in the market based deodorants. Such ingredients are harmful to the skin and can lead to problems in various organ systems.
Homemade Deodorants – The Best Alternatives to Market-based Deodorants
1. Coconut Oil, Baking Soda, and Arrowroot Powder
This is the best natural deodorant recipe for the sensitive skin.
Virgin or unrefined coconut oil possesses excellent antibacterial properties. This is what makes it a perfect ingredient to prepare deodorant for sensitive skin.
You need to take liquefied coconut oil at 74 degrees, to get the required consistency.
Arrowoot powder, one of the top ingredients is proven to extract toxins from the body. So, if you apply this on your skin, all the toxins will be wiped off from the body.
Baking soda is highly effective to manage the pH balance of the skin. But you need to make sure to use the right amount of baking soda.
Otherwise, you can end up getting rashes or skin irritation.
- 6 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup baking soda
- ¾ cup arrowroot powder
- Essential oil (optional)
- You need to combine the mentioned amounts of arrowroot powder and baking soda.
- Now add melted coconut oil into it. Mix them well with a fork to get a creamy consistency.
- You can add few drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Transfer the mixture to a jar and close the lid tightly.
- Use whenever necessary.
This deodorant is made with simple ingredients. It can be prepared in very less time. You can use it on sensitive skin without worrying about skin irritation.
It will combat bad odor and even maintain the pH balance of the skin in the armpits for a longer time.
2. Coconut Oil Deodorant with Bentonite Clay
If you are looking for a coconut oil deodorant without baking soda, then this is just for you.
Besides coconut oil, the Bentonite clay is a major ingredient of this deodorant. Bentonite clay is soothing to the skin (1).
It is an ideal product for the sensitive skin. It fights toxins and even prevents bad odor for a long time.
I have also added Lavender oil in this deodorant. Lavender oil will provide a rich, lasting fragrance. You can even add any other essential oil of your choice.
- 6 tbsps melted coconut oil
- 6 tbsps arrowroot powder
- 2 tbsps Bentonite Clay
- 10 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- Mix Bentonite clay and arrowroot powder well.
- Add coconut oil to get the required consistency.
- Add few drops of Lavender oil to the mixture.
- Take the mixture in a bottle and let it cool for some time.
- You will get a creamy texture. So, you can apply it like a cream on your armpits to stay and smell fresh throughout the day.
It is an excellent deodorant recipe for those who are allergic to baking soda and it will never cause any skin irritation. It can be used in summers and winters. It will keep you smelling fresh throughout the day.
More: How to Get Rid of Armpit Rash
3. Jojoba Oil Deodorant Recipe
If you are wondering how to make homemade deodorant with jojoba oil, then this recipe is perfect for you.
While jojoba oil is one of the core ingredients of this deodorant recipe, I have included other rich ingredients too.
Beeswax is one of my favorite ingredients for homemade deodorants. Beeswax does not clog pores. It also provides great moisture to the skin.
Bentonite clay extracts the toxins and keeps them away from the skin. For me, it is a natural substitute to silica.
Arrowroot powder is again great to keep toxins at bay. It adds richness to the deodorant.
- 2 tbsp Bentonite clay
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp jojoba oil
- 1 tbsp beeswax
- Melt the coconut oil along with beeswax in a small pot.
- When the mixture melts completely, turn off the flame and add the other ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients well so that there are no clumps.
- You can pour the mixture instantly into a tube or container.
- Use it twice daily.
This deodorant will never dry out your skin. It has smooth, rich texture that makes it easy to apply. You can even store this deodorant in a small sized tube or bottle and take it along with you wherever you go.
4. Shea Butter Deodorant
Learn how to make shea butter deodorant in just few simple steps.
I am highly fond of shea butter as it is an excellent ingredient for the skin. The best thing about shea butter is that it does not dry the skin.
The other ingredients I have used in my shea butter deodorant are extra virgin coconut oil, baking soda, and essential oils.
You can add tea tree oil instead of other fancy essential oils. Tea tree oil is great for sensitive skin and also helps to get rid of boils on butts. It prevents occurrence of any rashes or skin irritation.
- Shea Butter
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Tea Tree Oil
- Melt shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler over medium flame.
- You can also mix the two ingredients together in a glass jar with a lid. But make sure you have melted the two ingredients separately.
- Close the flame and add few drops of tea tree oil into the mixture.
- Let the final mixture cool down. You can apply this as a creamy deodorant or a roll-on stick.
This is a rich deodorant that is ideal for winters. Shea butter makes it an excellent deodorant to keep your skin moisturized and nourished. Besides offering lasting freshness, it will keep all the infections at bay.
5. Essential Oil Deodorant
How about a natural deodorant recipe that is rich with the goodness of essential oils?
This deodorant is my tribute to all those crazy lovers of essential oils. I have mixed lots of essential oils into one single pack. It is rich, moisturizing, and gives a fragrance that lasts throughout the day.
Besides essential oils, the other core ingredients of this deodorant are coconut oil and shea butter.
Coconut oil is great for the skin and keeps bad odor away for a longer time period. Shea butter moisturizes the skin well and prevents any kind of skin irritation or infection.
- 3 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 3 tbsp shea butter
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 10 drops of grapefruit essential oil
- 2 tbsp of baking powder
- Take a heating bowl and mix coconut oil and shea butter into it.
- Heat the mixture of shea butter and coconut oil, till both these ingredients are melted and mixed well.
- Switch off the flame. Add some water to a saucepan and let it boil for few minutes.
- Add a little quantity of boiled water into the coconut oil and shea butter mixture.
- Now, add arrowroot powder and baking soda in the mixture.
- Also add the desired quantities of all the essential oils, as mentioned above.
- Take the mixture in a jar and cover it with a lid.
- Take a pea size amount of the mixture and apply it on your underarms with the fingers.
This deodorant will keep bad odor at bay for a much longer time period. It will also prevent the armpit skin from infections and allergies. It is suitable for all skin types and even sensitive skin.
6. Citrus Deodorant
If you want to make your own deodorant at home with the rich flavors of citrus fruits, then check this recipe.
This deodorant is excellent for all skin types.Lemon is very useful for Body Odor and it is an ideal choice for those who have an inclination towards the rich flavors and strong fragrance of citrus fruits.
I have used lemon and oranges in this deodorant as both of them are truly refreshing. Both have a strong and lasting fragrance.
So, if you are keen to known how to make deodorant with citrus fruits, then let’s get started!
- 6 tbsp. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil – 6 tbso
- Lemon Extracts or 10 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- 1 tbsp. Orange Extracts or Orange Powder
- ¼ cup Arrowroot Powder
- ¼ cup Baking Soda
- Take equal parts of baking soda and arrowroot powder. You can mix ¼ cup of the two ingredients.
- After mixing the two, take 6 tbsp of melted coconut oil and mix it in the mixture to form a paste.
- Add lemon extracts and orange powder into it. If you have lemon essential oil, then you can add 10 drops of lemon essential oil. If you are taking lemon juice, then you can add half sliced lemon juice.
- Take small jar and scoop the mixture into it.
- Use this mixture on a daily basis to stay away from bad odor.
This is an excellent deodorant for summers. It keeps bad odor at bay for a long time period. It is great even for those who experience excessive sweat problems.
7. Herbal Deodorant
How about a homemade deodorant recipe that is all herbal? Sounds Great!
If you are keen to know how to make deodorant with all fresh and rich herbs, then you will definitely love this recipe.
I have used a large numbers of great herbs to prepare this ingredient, such as thyme, lavender, sage, tea tree and vodka. Since, this is a herbal deodorant, it is highly beneficiary to all skin types.
- ¼ cup sage leaves
- ¼ cup lavender buds
- ¼ cup thyme leaves
- 1 cup proof vodka
- 8 drops of sage essential oil
- 8 drops of lavender essential oil
- 8 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 5 drops of patchouli, or you can take lemongrass
- ½ tbsp. colloidal silver
- Take suitable measures of the citrus peels and herbs into a glass jar.
- Cover the herbs with vodka and close the lid.
- Set the jar aside for two to three days.
- Now, stain the residue from the jar into a spray bottle
- Add mentioned parts of essential oils and mix the mixture well.
- Add colloidal silver and prepare the mixture well.
- It is ready to use.
It is a purely herbal deodorant without any oils or skin irritating elements and it is great for summers and awesome for winters. It has a spring fragrance and will keep you fresh for longer durations.
More: Home Remedies for Dark Underarms
8. Shea Butter, Kokum Butter, and Mango Butter Deodorant Recipe
This is another amazing natural deodorant recipe that is great for winters use. But if you have a dry skin or you don’t sweat much, then you can apply this natural deodorant even in the summers.
Making this deodorant is quite simple. Although, there are a lots of ingredients, you just have to mix them altogether.
Besides lime, shea butter, mango butter, and baking soda, I have added witch hazel into this deodorant.
Witch hazel is powerful ingredient with excellent anti-microbial properties (2).
I have also added kokum butter, which is a creamy ingredient with a rich fragrance.
So, check the recipe to learn how to make shea butter deodorant with mango and kokum butter.
- ¼ cup kokum butter
- ¼ cup shea butter
- ¼ cup mango butter
- ¾ cup beeswax
- 1 ounce of oil
- 2 tbsp. baking soda
- Juice of half sliced lemon
- Take the three different butters together. Also add the beeswax to it.
- Now put the mixture in a heating pan on the flame and let all the ingredients melt.
- Heat gently. Close the flame once the mixture is melted completely.
- Now add the required quantities of all essential oils.
- Finally add the lemon juice and stir the mixture well till it cools down.
- Transfer the mixture in an air-tight container.
- You have one of the best homemade deodorants with you.
This is a creamy deodorant with a truly amazing fragrance. You can even switch between oils or add other essential oils of your preference to get the desired aroma. It is gentle on the skin and can be applied twice daily for a refreshing feeling.
9. Magnesium Oil Deodorant Spray
Do you wish to know how to make homemade deodorant spray?
Well I have discussed a lot about cream based deodorants. But if you have a preference for spray deodorants, then you can prepare it at your home. You can prepare these deodorants at home in a spray form.
With this simple recipe you can make your own deodorant spray at home.
- 1 tbsp. magnesium oil
- 10 to 15 drops of lavender essential oil
- A pinch of baking powder
- Witch Hazel for filling
- 5 drops of frankincense essential oil
- Take all the essential oils except the magnesium oil, and combine them together. You can directly transfer them to a jar.
- Add a pinch of sea salt or baking soda to it.
- Now add 1 tbsp. of magnesium oil to the mixture. Make sure you don’t add too much magnesium oil. Otherwise the deodorant will have a strong, stingy smell.
- Add witch hazel into the spray bottle. Shake the mixture gently till all the ingredients mix well.
- Just shake the bottle a little bit every time you use the deodorant.
- One batch of this deodorant will retain its strength and fragrance for almost 6 months.
It is a spray bottle and hence very easy to apply. You can carry it conveniently. It fights bad odor and infection causing germs. It can be used in all seasons and by all skin types.
10. Apple Cider Vinegar Deodorant Spray
You have learned how to make shea butter deodorant, coconut oil deodorant, and lots of cream based deodorants.
If you want to know an easy and lasting homemade deodorant recipe, then check this wonderful apple cider vinegar spray!
- 20 to 25 drops of lemon essential oil
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of tea tree essential oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of spring water
- Add ¼ cup apple cider vinegar in the spray bottle.
- Add few drops of all essential oils. You can even add other rich essential oils according to your personal preference.
- You can use anti-bacterial oils, like bergamot, lemongrass, eucalyptus, oregano, or thyme.
- Once you have prepared the mixture, you may add ¼ cup water in order to ensure the perfect spray.
Apple cider vinegar is great for the skin. It prevents any skin irritation or rashes from occurring. Even the essential oils are great for the skin.
The homemade deodorant is the best way to get a lasting and refreshing feeling. They are free from toxins, gentle on the skin, and friendly to the budget. They are the best deodorant alternatives to market based deodorants.
So, now that you know how to make deodorant at home with natural ingredients, try them all one by one. You will surely get relief not just from bad odor, but other kinds of skin irritations and infections as well.
Try them out and stay refreshing!
Gwpodg – vardenafil 10mg Chdrcx rxqdlw
I used to be able to find good information from your blog posts.
Ivjded – lasix online Renvev amiqxk
Jerkqj – buy lasix online Lmjamg rkmgdw
[…] Find More on that Topic: wellnessbells.com/homemade-deodorant/ […]
Kyimzr – descriptive writing essays Oudeuw ihlrvk
I blog frequently and I seriously appreciate your information. This
article has really peaked my interest. I will take a note of your website and keep checking for new details about once per week.
I subscribed to your RSS feed as well. 0mniartist asmr
Hzlmjo – writing a research paper outline Sudyxv jrytnz
Very good information. Lucky me I recently found your site by chance (stumbleupon).
I have book marked it for later! 0mniartist asmr
Everyone loves it when people come together and share views.
Great blog, stick with it! asmr 0mniartist
Wumqwh – sildenafil contraindications Uesjzq eryaoy
Eqvvmc – walmart sildenafil Gxvzcd okqpfb
Wrmzsb – thesis statement for an essay Aovbwt wpxahn
Tyczxx – essays new york times Mvxgje xsfarl
Rayrwd – viagra laboratoire Lwhxiw vwclgi
Pdnnhw – efficacitГ© viagra Ybtzsr xpjokd
Xzkzqm – cheapest finasteride online Kucmax trmdxr
Huqour – best propecia brand Zlqadw oitqgj
Emkeue – essay 6th grade Uancgx yrvfsh
Ucawzc – quantitative research dissertation Csquim udnvbh
Yzkrcl – viagra online purchase singapore Pdvvxh uebxeb
Mrwkdf – canadian viagra prescription Nzhzos ggnhca
Rigvqo – simple argumentative essay Yjgesk udeelr
Nihiuh – essay for scholarship Zuauhy wrvzyf
Lzwxkp – can you buy viagra in mexico over the counter Oonxzw irxcfi
Wxzbvg – online viagra india Nluvsv afdvoo
Jzzwem – tadalafil daily uk Dbebmj qkbhlj
Cxxxzl – tadalafil gel Eijtaz qudquz
Xplrvx – azithromycin dose Xqazvs ylhomk
Mlwtmn – zithropls.com Gzmreh ghjpdq
Jdfhwk – furosempi.com Kkzydg fncrnz
Vpctpr – furosemide medication Rfxmov gbdrgu
Jtidxo – acheter cialis Lwrdou lzjlqt
Zlbmew – acheter cialis sans ordonnance pharmacie paris Oegyiy ftztyu
Vnjwfk – mla citation annotated bibliography Ehuomu kjrpnp
Qmxcni – ivermectin 3mg Vtyzks zrhiri
Kmytrq – http://virviaga.com/ low cost canadian viagra
Ukzjnu – http://virviaga.com/ free viagra samples
order essays online – http://boessay.com/ purchase essays
tadalafil prices – tadalafil otc usa tadalafil prescription online
generic tadalafil at walmart – tadalafil hims tadalafil tablets
fincar vs propecia – finasteride and tamsulosin dutasteride vs finasteride
propecia blind date – propecia results propecia lawsuit
[…] Read More Information here on that Topic: wellnessbells.com/homemade-deodorant/ […]
propecia alternative – propecia frontal finasteride for men
how much does propecia cost per month – http://finasteridepls.com/ finasteride propecia
buy tadalafil generic – sildenafil vs tadalafil tadalafil online reviews
generic tadalafil reviews – buy tadalafil online reddit buy tadalafil online safely
[…] There you will find 63097 additional Info to that Topic: wellnessbells.com/homemade-deodorant/ […]
I want to know from above deodorant recipe which is the deodorant recipe which gave good fragrance
Jojoba Oil Deodorant Recipe is give best fragrance