Is gulping a hot cup of coffee or a bite of a hot pizza slice just out from the oven making you feel uncomfortable?
Do you experience that sharp burning sensation when you put hot or cold food in your mouth?
This is the consequence of burned roof of mouth. Since the hard palate of the mouth is delicate and is made of only millimeters thick tissue it is easily susceptible to burns or soreness by consuming extremely hot or cold foods.
These burns are referred to as the first degree burn which is normal and requires no special medical treatment and you can use the natural home treatment for burns on the roof of your mouth. Although it’s a normal concern almost faced by every individual in their lifetime but the swelling, dryness, inflammation and pain can be quite discomforting.
For alleviating the pain and soothing the symptoms there are a few effective home treatments for burns on the roof of your mouth. These home remedies are inexpensive and simple for providing an instant relief.
Home Treatment for Burns on the Roof of Your Mouth:
1. Baking Soda Remedy
Burnt mouth can cause immense pain while eating anything spicy or hot until the soreness is treated or completely cured. To treat this condition one of the easiest remedies is using baking soda.
Baking soda is a natural alkalizing property that alleviates the pain and soreness in the mouth instantly.
- Baking Soda- As Required
- Water- 1 to 2 Drops
- Take baking soda in a small bowl.
- Then add in a drop or two of water into the baking soda and mix well.
- Apply this pasty baking soda mix on the palate or roof of your mouth gently.
- Leave on the application for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Later rinse the mouth with plain water.
- This process can be repeated 3 times a day for 2 to 3 days or until mouth burn is completely healed.
2. Salt Water Remedy
Mouth burns though are a common concern amongst people but it cannot be ignored. As some times the burns can cause infection. To prevent and treat the burns in mouth salt and water combination works effectively in healing the soreness.
- Salt- 1 tbps.
- Water- 1 Glass
- Take a glass of water and heat it to a lukewarm temperature.
- Then add in 1 tbsp. of salt in lukewarm water.
- Stir well until the salt is dissolved completely.
- Then take a sip of this salt infused water and swish around in the mouth for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- This process can be repeated 2 to 3 times a day for 1 to 2 days for easing the burning sensation and swelling in mouth burn condition.
3. Honey Mouthwash Remedy
One of the most effective and convenient home treatment for burns on the roof of your mouth is honey.
This nature derived sweetener is medically proven to heal any kinds of burns faster. Honey contains anti-bacterial and skin soothing properties which help in treating the burns instantly on application.
- Honey- 1 tbsp.
- Put 1 tbsp. of raw organic honey in your mouth.
- Swish the honey in your mouth for 30 to 50 seconds before swallowing the honey.
- This process can be repeated 2 to 3 times a day for 1 to 2 days or until the roof of mouth burn is healed completely.
4. Buttermilk Remedy
The delicate tissues on the roof of the mouth are easily prone to burn sores and so it takes times to heal the sores on the thin skin. To speed up the healing process of the mouth burns buttermilk is considered as one of the best handy remedies.
The soothing and cooling properties of buttermilk escalates the healing process of the mouth sores and provides instant relief.
- Buttermilk- 1 Cup
- Take a sip of buttermilk and swish in the mouth for 40 to 60 seconds before swallowing the buttermilk.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the buttermilk for 2 to 3 times.
- This process can be repeated 3 to 4 times a day for 2 to 3 days to aid the healing process of burnt roof of mouth.
5. Cold Milk Cream Remedy
In treating mouth burns cold treatments are proven to be beneficial as it decreases the burning sensation. In this milk cream is an effective remedy as the moisturizing properties of milk cream promotes the healing process.
- Cold Milk Cream- As Required
- Take cold milk cream and apply a thick layer of the cream on the affected area.
- Leave on the application for 40 seconds to 1 minute before swallowing.
- This process can be repeated 2 to 3 times a day for substantial relief from mouth burns.
6. Licorice Root Mouth Rinse
Inflammation and burn on roof of mouth causes a lot of difficulty in eating foods or drinking hot liquids. To ease the inflammation licorice roots is proven to be very effective.
Licorice roots contain potent anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties which help in treating and healing the Burns on the Roof of Your Mouth easily.
- Dried Licorice Roots- 2 ½ tsp
- Water- 100 ml
- Honey- 1 tsp
- Take 100 ml of water in a saucepan and put it on heat.
- Later add the licorice roots into the boiling water.
- Allow the water with licorice roots to boil for 15 minutes to let the licorice roots to steep into the water well.
- Then strain the licorice root infused water and let the infusion cool down to room temperature.
- Later add honey into licorice roots infusion and mix well.
- Then use this sweetened infusion as a mouthwash to gargle the mouth.
- This licorice root mouth wash can be used 2 to 3 times a day for treating burnt roof of mouth and soothing the inflammation.
7. Banana Peel Remedy
Looking for natural alternatives to soothe the burnt roof of mouth then try this banana peel remedy. This remedy is completely natural, inexpensive and soothes the inflammation immediately.
Banana peel comes with multiple health benefits and it is rich in lutein which is a powerhouse of antioxidants and helps in reducing the swelling and inflammation caused by burn. The peel is even beneficial in fastening the healing process of the delicate skin in the roof of the mouth.
- Banana Peel- 1 Nos
- Take a banana peel and cut it a 1 inch square piece so that it easy to apply on the roof of the mouth.
- Then gently rub the inside of the banana peel on the affected area.
- Continue to rub the banana peel until it turns black in color.
- Later if required rinse the mouth with cold water after 5 minutes.
- This process can be repeated 3 to 4 times a day for 3 days or until the mouth burn is completely healed.
8. Turmeric and Clarified Butter Remedy
Want to know what to put on burn blister then try this turmeric and clarified butter remedy to treat the inflammation and heal the blister.
This remedy contains turmeric which is packed with potent antiseptic and curative properties. The healing properties of turmeric along with the combination of clarified butter make it an excellent treatment for burn blisters.
Clarified butter contains skin moisturizing properties and this makes it the ideal ingredient to soothe the inflammation caused on the roof the mouth.
- Turmeric Powder- ¼ tsp
- Clarified Butter- ¼ tsp
- Take a small bowl and add in clarified butter.
- Then mix turmeric powder into the clarified butter.
- Mix well until it forms a paste like consistency.
- Then spread this paste evenly on the affected area.
- Leave of the application for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Then rinse the mouth with plain water.
- This process can be repeated twice a day to alleviate the symptoms of Burns on the Roof of Your Mouth.
9. Yogurt Remedy
Burned roof of mouth by sipping piping hot cup of coffee or eating hot food can cause a lot of discomfort and immense pain.
To treat burns one of the natural first aid remedy is Yogurt. Natural yogurt or Greek yogurt contains natural enzymes which act as a natural skin cooling and soothing agent for healing the inflammation immediately.
- Natural Yogurt or Greek Yogurt- 1 tbsp.
- Take a tbsp of cold Greek yogurt or natural yogurt and place it on the affected area in the mouth.
- Allow the yogurt to sit in the mouth for a few seconds for approximately 5 to 10 seconds before swallowing the yogurt.
- This process can be repeated 4 to 5 times a day for at least 2 to 3 days to treat mouth burns effectively.
10. Aloe Vera Remedy
The soreness of mouth burn can be very annoying as the burning sensation makes it difficult for consuming food and drinks for a while. To heal the soreness and inflammation naturally aloe vera gel is extremely beneficial.
Aloe vera contains active compounds which are highly beneficial for reducing the inflammation and alleviate the pain sensation. Moreover aloe vera being a natural healer escalates the repair process of the delicate skin on the roof of the mouth.
- Aloe Vera Gel- 1 tsp
- Take a tsp of aloe vera gel preferably cold and apply it on the roof of the mouth.
- Then leave on the application for approximately 50 seconds to 1 minute.
- Repeat the aloe vera gel application 2 to 3 times a day for soothe the burning sensation and heal burnt mouth.
[Also Read: Aloe Vera Gel for Face and Skin Care]
11. Vitamin E Oil Remedy
Many people believe home treatments for burns on the roof of your mouth are not as effective as medicated treatments and even take longer time to heal. But the fact is that home remedies are far better and helpful in naturally treating the soreness.
One such natural remedy is vitamin E oil.
Vitamin E oil is an excellent remedy to treat pizza burns in mouth as vitamin E promotes regeneration of damaged cells and tissues for escalating the healing process.
- Vitamin E Oil Capsule- 1 to 2 Nos
- Take a small bowl and cut open a vitamin E capsule with scissors.
- Take out the oil content in the bowl.
- Later with the help of fingers apply the vitamin E oil evenly all over the mouth burn and affected area.
- Leave on the oil application for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then rinse the mouth with plain water if required.
- This process can be repeated 2 to 3 times a day heal the soreness and inflammation faster.
12. Ice Cold Water and Vanilla Extract Remedy
Are you suffering from burnt mouth symptoms after sipping hot soup?
Then try this convenient home remedy using a simple ingredient as ice cold water.
This remedy contains ingredients which are very easily available in every one’s home. Its ice cold water and vanilla extract.
Ice cold water immediately eases the burning sensation and the pure vanilla extract is renowned to accelerate the healing process of the burn sores.
- Ice Cold Water- 1 Glass
- 100% Pure Vanilla Extract- 2 to 3 Drops
- Firstly sip ice cold water and swish the water in the mouth for few seconds.
- Swish the water approximately for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Then take a drop of 100% pure vanilla extract on the finger.
- Apply the vanilla extract directly on the affected area.
- Leave on the application for 1 minute.
- Then rinse the mouth if required.
- This process can be repeated 4 to 5 times a day for relief from mouth burn easily.
13. Sugar Remedy For Burns on the Roof of Your Mouth
Looking for an easy and instant remedy for Burns on the Roof of Your Mouth then try this simple sugar remedy. Sugar is highly beneficial in treating the soreness and acts as a natural pain relief treatment.
- Sugar- 1 tsp
- Take 1 tsp of sugar and put it on the tongue.
- Later hold the tongue against the roof of the mouth for 50 seconds to 1 minute.
- As the sugar starts to dissolves the pain starts to relieve.
- This process can be repeated 2 to 3 times a day for relieving mouth burn pain.
So these were some of the most effective home treatments for burns on the roof of your mouth. So the next time you suffer from burn blisters in the mouth while indulging in hot pizza or drinking a hot cup of coffee give these natural remedies a sure try.
Apart from these home treatment for Burns on the Roof of Your Mouth suggestions there are a few more important suggestions that one needs to follow in order to treat and prevent the mouth burns caused by the consumption of hot foods.
[Also Read: Top 9 Most Effective Natural Antibiotics]
Important Tips and Tricks for Treating Mouth Burns-
- To treat pizza burns or blisters sucking ice cubes or ice popsicles is yet another effective alternative to treat burned mouth.
- Avoid eating and drinking salty, spicy, hot or acidic foods or drinks which can aggravate the burn symptoms.
- Breathing with mouth can substantially decrease the soreness and pain sensation soon.
- Chewing menthol flavored chewing gum helps in increasing the saliva and imparts a cooling sensation to soothe the burning sensation in the roof of the mouth.
- Indulging in ice creams can even alleviate the pains and reduce the swelling.
All these remedies for mouth burns are completely natural, economical and safe. Hence can cause no side effect what so ever. If in case the symptoms prolongs for a longer period of time then it is advisable to consult a specialist for the same.
Watch Home Treatment for Burns on the Roof of Your Mouth
So, if you liked the home treatments for burnt mouth don’t forget to leave in a line to let us know which remedy worked the best for you. We would love to know your opinion about the same in order to serve you with better and more helpful natural suggestions.