United States report 820,000 new cases of gonorrhea each year in which 570,000 of the cases are of youth ages 15 to 24.
The most common sexually transmitted disease (STD) is Gonorrhea which can happen to both women and men.
The disease is caused by the microbes known as ‘Neisseria gonorrhoeae’. This bacterium affects the throat, rectum, and urethra causing excruciating swelling, inflammation, and a foul white discharge in most of the cases.
Sometimes it is difficult to diagnose this disease, as the infection rarely produces any symptoms in the victims.
You must be thinking then why should one treat gonorrhea. The effects can be minimal, but if it’s left untreated it can lead to serious health problems.
In women it can disturb their reproductive system like, chances of ectopic pregnancy, pelvic inflammatory disease, pain, and in men it can cause low sperm count. How is gonorrhea treated? The standard medicinal treatment for this disease is a course of antibiotics.
Many of you must be wondering is there a cure for gonorrhea or by any chance can you cure gonorrhea without medicines. If you need to know how to treat your gonorrhea at home, then read the article further to know some effective cure for gonorrhea.
Before heading further, let’s look into some of the symptoms or signs of gonorrhea, which usually shows after 2 to 10 days once get infected with gonorrhea.
Table of Contents
Symptoms of Gonorrhea in Men
- Pain and burning while peeing
- Urine with blood
- Increased urination
- Sore throat
- Uncommon green or white discharge from penis
Symptoms of Gonorrhea in Women
- Vaginal discharge with yellow, or green color with foul smell
- Pain and burning while urinating
- Sore throat and fever
- Vaginal itching
- Inflamed cervix
- Painful intercourse
- Frequent urination
- Severe abdominal pain
If you suspect any gonorrheal symptoms, check with your doctor, and ask for the NAAT test, a reliable test to detect.
If you are thinking how to treat gonorrhea without visiting a doctor, then, try following these home remedies for gonorrhea treatment below.
Home Remedies for Gonorrhea
1. Olive Leaf Extract
Olive leaf extract is a wonderful natural gonorrhea treatment. It contains active ingredient known oleuropein that has amazing antimicrobial properties, and can destroy bacteria causing gonorrhea.
The extract of olive leaf works by killing the infection gradually. Plus, it increases your immune system which results in casting gonorrhea out of your system, and prevents happening in future.
While buying this be careful to get the authentic olive leaf extract, as others are not that effective. It is always better to check with your doctor before taking olive leaf extract.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
The most oldest and useful remedy on this earth is apple cider vinegar as it has many health benefits.
Apple cider vinegar is often used to treat yeast infection in women, and is equally effective in treatment for gonorrhea both in men and women.
- Mix1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar with 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Apply this solution on your affected areas using a bandage.
- Also, it can be used internally by soaking it in a tampon.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar into your bath tub.
- Pour this water over your genitals or sit in a tub.
- How to get rid of gonorrhea. This process will help you to treat infection.
If you don’t find apple cider vinegar in your kitchen, you can use white vinegar instead, and try repeating this remedy.
Rosemary is an excellent source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents (1). According to a research about rosemary compounds, this fragrant cooking herb has more than 20 antiviral and 40 antibacterial properties.
- Take 1 tbsp of dried rosemary, and mix it in 1 cup of water.
- Drink this solution 2 times a day.
- Also, you can add some fresh rosemary in your cooking, to get further benefits at the same time.
One of the best Gonorrhea cure is garlic that is anti-bacterial in nature and can cure gonorrhea. It contains an element called allicin, which is responsible for fighting gonorrhea infection, and can restore your health.
Can you get rid of gonorrhea with garlic?
Include fresh garlic in your cooking, or you can chew few pods of garlic cloves daily.
If you don’t want to consume garlic orally, then you can crush some garlic pods and use it as lotion for gonorrhea treatment in men.
Also, there are plenty of natural supplements available in the shop for this purpose which you can use.
5. Colloidal Silver
How to cure gonorrhea? Colloidal silver is known for its strong antibacterial compounds and healing properties. It heals the soft tissues effectively, and kills all types of viral and bacterial infection including gonorrhea.
Colloidal silver acts in a similar way to olive leaf extract. Plus, it can improve cellular respiration and give new life to damaged cells.
Process: 1 Oral Use
- Mix 1 tsp of colloidal silver in a glass of water.
- Drink this solution 5 times a day.
- Repeat this for 3 months to treat gonorrhea.
Process: 2 Topical Use
- You can use the same solution.
- Take a cotton swab and soak the solution.
- Then, apply it directly to any rashes or lesions.
- This remedy will help to get quick relief, and fast recovery from gonorrhea.
Note: Be careful in buying colloidal silver.
Echinacea is one of the greatest home remedies for gonorrhea. It is a popular herbal remedy for treating cold, cough, flu, spring allergies, and respiratory infections. It can heal various other health conditions as well.
Echinacea contains strong antibiotic properties, and is also beneficial against viruses and fungi. This means that it can destroy bacteria, and treat various infections.
Further, it also boosts your immunity to help killing the microbes causing gonorrhea.
Consume this natural herb in your daily routine to treat gonorrhea fast.
7. Oregano Oil
Oregano oil is antimicrobial in nature which stops microorganism’s growth, and is even powerful against parasites, viruses, and fungus.
Additionally, it is known for its nature to fight bacteria. Plus, it also improves your immune system, and enables your body to fight gonorrhea.
One of the best ways to use this oil is to blend it with colloidal silver and olive leaf extract. The components of these three work effectively, and produce better effect when mixed together.
Oregano oil comes in different varieties. Be sure to choose the best one.
- Mix 3-4 drops each of oregano oil, colloidal silver and olive leaf extract in 6oz of water.
- Drink this solution 2 times a day.
- It is a perfect home remedy against gonorrhea.
8. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is another perfect home remedies for gonorrhea. This salt is a powerful detoxifier with pain relieving and anti-inflammatory properties, which can be utilized to treat different medical problems like herpes other than gonorrhea.
Being high in magnesium, it helps to maintain the pH levels in the body, which is significant to fight pain and swelling.
- Put1 cup of Epsom salt, and dissolve it in a bath tub filled with water.
- Immerse yourself for 20-30 minutes.
- Repeat this up to 3 times a day.
- It will help to purify the mucous membranes affected by gonorrhea or other STDs.
Why you should be using onion is because it has so many different properties. It is loaded with strong anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-parasite property and it helps to flush excess fluids out the body.
Onion has the same medicinal properties as of garlic that is useful in curing gonorrhea. It contains similar component to garlic known as allicin, which kills the gonorrhea bacterium and improves your health.
Incorporate onion in your cooking, and try to consume more of raw onion for best results.
- Take an onion, peel and chop it to make a paste.
- Apply the paste topically.
- The lotion can be used to cure all the affected area.
- Alternatively, Allicin is available in supplement form which you can take daily.
Zinc is a mineral vital to fight infections (2). It works by boosting up the total number of antibodies and WBC (white blood cells) in your body.
Additionally, it strengthens the immune system which assists the body in fighting off gonorrheal infection smoothly.
Include zinc in your daily diet by adding some of these foods, such as, oysters, chicken, beans, sesame seeds, eggs, and soy products.
Eating dark chocolate can also do the magic, and enable you to fight this disease more powerfully.
Yogurt benefits are well known by all. It contains active culture which inhibits the growth of bacteria. It works by killing bad bacteria, and promotes the growth of good bacteria.
Yogurt cures gonorrheal infection, and because of its cooling properties it helps you to find relief from its symptoms like burning, pain and itching. Additionally, it can even improve your immune system.
- Take 1 tbsp of plain unsweetened yogurt.
- Soak a tampon and place on your affected region.
- Repeat this 2 times a day until you find relief.
- Eat plain yogurt daily which will help you to get rid of gonorrheal symptoms.
Raw honey is very vital in providing soothing effect from gonorrheal symptoms like, pain, itching, and inflammation. Its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties help to eradicate bacteria from the body causing infection.
- Take some raw honey, and apply it to your affected area.
- Let it remain for about 30 minutes, and then rinse it with warm water.
- Repeat this 2 times a day for few days or till it gets healed.
- Consume 2 tbsp of honey daily with a glass of warm water; it even relives sore throat caused due to gonorrhea.
Tips to Prevent Gonorrhea
It is essential for you to have few things in mind while treating gonorrhea, to avoid its occurrence in future. Here are some steps that you must follow.
- Use a condom to prevent recurrence of gonorrheal infection. It is an easy and consistent way of preventing it.
- Before having a sexual relationship, discuss with your partner about STDs, or check him or her medically to ensure that your partner is not vulnerable to get an STD such as gonorrhea.
- Drink plenty of water as it flushes bacteria naturally from the body.
- Abstain from having sexual activity with an infected person.
- Go for medical checkups regularly to get screened for any STDs.
- Use anti-bacterial and anti-fungal powder for itching in your genitals.
- If you are suffering from gonorrhea then take responsibility by not spreading the infection to others. Wait till you get completely healed of the disease.
- Make necessary changes in your diet. Consume foods rich in vitamin C like broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, oranges, winter squash, and all leafy vegetables to increase your immune system which itself prevents infection.
- Include probiotics food in your diet like kefir, yogurt, kimchi, and sauerkraut, as it fights the bacteria in your body and prevents infection.
- If you have are suffering from gonorrheal infection, try to avoid touching your eyes immediately after touching your infected or partner’s genitals. It will reduce spreading of infection to your eyes and avoid complications.
- Maintain a proper personal hygiene to fasten the healing process and preventing it further. Always make sure to keep your genital areas clean and dry to inhibit any bacterial or fungal growth.
Do share your experiences after trying these home remedies for gonorrhea. In case, if you face any irritation, or discomfort using these remedies then stop it immediately, and consult a doctor.