Is your skin losing its elasticity? Does your skin appear dull and uneven? Do you suffer from acne because of excessive oiliness of your skin? If yes, then I am sure you are still looking for the best solution to treat all your skin problems!
If you want healthy and glowing skin then an anti-aging skin care routine is required. But applying too many products on your skin can result in severe skin damage.
Then which way to go?
The best way is to treat your skin with homemade ingredients and that too with one single ingredient. So, what is that one powerful ingredient? It is the egg white face mask. You must have heard about egg white uses for your hair and body. But you would be amazed to know that egg white on face works like a wonder and can combat all your skin problems.
Table of Contents
- Egg White Mask Benefits
- DIY Egg White Face Mask to Combat All Skin Problems
- 1. Egg White Pore Mask
- 2. Egg White and Honey Mask
- 3. Egg Mask for Acne
- 4. Egg White Mask for Blackheads
- 5. Egg White Face Mask for Skin Tightening
- 6. Egg White Face Mask for Hair Removal
- 7. Egg White Mask for Wrinkles
- 8. Egg White Mask for Skin Brightening
- 9. Egg Yolk Mask for Dry Skin
- 10. Egg White and Oatmeal Mask
- Bonus Tips!
Egg White Face Mask – Why Egg is So Good for Your Skin?
If you are pondering about how egg white for the face is useful and beneficial then here is the answer!
Egg is one of the richest sources of protein. It is highly supportive of boosting hair growth and enhancing skin health. You must be aware that consumption of egg on a daily basis provides the body with the essential amount of protein.
You can prepare a great combination of egg with other natural ingredients for an egg white facial at home. Otherwise, you can prepare an effective egg white mask to treat various problems of your skin.
The egg is a power-packed ingredient that can effectively enhance your epidermis. It is great to remove sun tan and provide your skin with an even tone complexion. If you are an aged person then egg white mask can help tighten your skin. Egg possesses high natural astringent properties. It is great to extract excessive oil from the skin and aids maintenance damaged skin tissues.
So, now you know the reasons to use egg white in your face mask, just have a quick glance at the benefits of egg white mask for your skin.
Egg White Mask Benefits
There are numerous uses of egg whites in the daily skin care routine. Here we explain some of the prominent benefits of this nutrition packed product. Let’s have a quick glance!
Great as a ‘Skin Toner’
Egg whites are excellent to remove dust, dead cells, and excess oil from the skin surface.
You may take an egg and beat it well till it becomes foamy. Apply the foamy mixture on your face and around the neck. Let the mixture settle and dry on your face till it dries. After this, rinse off with lukewarm water. You may wear this mask twice a month to give your skin an effective tone up.
Excellent to ‘Remove Facial Hair’
Egg whites have a sticky nature. Hence, when you apply them to your face then they tend to remove the unwanted facial hair.
For this, you can prepare an egg white face peel mask. This can be done by applying egg white mix on the face using a brush. After that, place a tissue paper or a paper towel over the face. Now apply another thin layer of egg white on the top of it to make it sticky. Let the mixture dry completely. Once it is dried, you may pull the paper towel to remove all the unwanted facial hair.
Best for ‘Deep Cleansing of Skin’
Egg whites are best to open the skin pores and clear all the dirt and impurities from the skin. This is highly supportive to clear skin blemishes and acne.
Also, egg white possesses high astringent properties. You can prepare an egg white mask for face by whipping an egg white till it becomes a thick layer of egg white. Spread the mixture over the face and let it dry for at least half hour. Rinse the mixture well with lukewarm water.
You may apply juice of one fresh lemon juice to treat the large pore affected areas. After 15 minutes rinse the mixture well and dry it with a soft towel. You may follow this process twice a week.
Treat All Types of ‘Skin Blemishes’
Applying egg white on your face can help you get rid of all types of skin blemishes. It can make your skin fair, subtle, and smooth.
You may do this by combining egg white with 1 teaspoon of honey and 3-4 drops of olive oil. Also, add 1 teaspoon of rose water to the mixture.
Blend all the ingredients well and then apply the mixture to your face and neck. Let the mixture dry for 20 minutes. Wash with lukewarm water for a clean and blemish free skin.
Reduce ‘Excessive Oil from the Skin’
If you are wondering if egg white is good for your skin if you have oily skin then the answer is yes!
Egg whites are great to treat oily skin. It controls the sebum production to a great extent and even minimizes the pore size. For this reason, a large number of people with oily skin use egg whites in their daily skin care routine.
Whip 2 egg whites and add some quantity of oatmeal into it. Stir the mixture well and apply it to the neck and face. Wash off after 15 minutes. You may apply this mask once a week in order to get the clear and less oily skin.
Egg White Pack to ‘Remove Tan’
If you are exposed to harmful UV rays of the sun then you must experience skin tanning problem.
Egg white mask is excellent to remove skin tan. You can prepare a mixture of egg white with raw honey in order to beat egg whites and stir well the mixture. Spread the mixture over the surface of the skin so that you get rid of sun tan.
Let the mixture settle for 10 minutes. Now clean the mixture well with lukewarm water. Regular application of this pack will tone up the skin and help you avail an even tone skin.
Get Rid of ‘Blackheads’
You can prepare an egg white mask blackheads to get rid of blackheads all over from your face.
Egg whites can extract sebum and pull out blackheads as well as dirt from the skin pores. Its astringent properties ensure that your skin is offered with smooth and clear effect and freedom from acne.
It squeezes out the ugly blackheads and tightens the skin pores to clear the surface of the skin. You just have to apply the egg white on the affected areas of your skin and then pull it to clear the area.
Lifts and Tightens the Skin
Are you thinking, “is egg white good for skin tightening”? Egg white is excellent to treat sagging and loose skin that one may tend to experience because of aging and other such factors.
Your skin may tend to sag especially on the cheek area. Even it may tend to appear crinkly and wrinkled because of aging. All you need to do is apply egg white on the affected area or on the entire face with a clean brush.
Let the mixture dry for few minutes. You may wash off it well once it is dried completely.
Great to Prevent Acne as well as Acne Scars
The main reason for the occurrence of acne is excessive secretion of sebum as well as hormonal imbalances. While you need to follow destress activities and adopt a good diet to maintain the balance of your hormones, it is possible to treat acne scars and prevent acne from forming with egg whites.
You can prepare an egg white face mask for acne by mixing egg white with few drops of tea tree oil. After applying this you must allow the mixture to dry completely. Wash with lukewarm water to get the best results.
You see the protein present in egg whites offer great benefits to the skin. So, if you are amazed at the egg whites to face mask benefits then here I tell you about some easy to prepare egg whites to mask and egg white peel off mask DIY. These masks can be prepared at home and applied to the face to get long-lasting and effective results.
So, let’s check out some amazing and easy to prepare egg white masks to treat various skin problems!
DIY Egg White Face Mask to Combat All Skin Problems
1. Egg White Pore Mask
Egg whites are great for deep cleansing of skin pores. It extracts dirt and grime from within the pores. You can use egg white pore mask once every week to deep cleanses your skin pores.
- 1 Egg White
- 1teaspoon of yogurt
- Take an egg white in a bowl.
- Add one teaspoon of yogurt into it to till you get a smooth consistency.
- Add some fine sugar granules to the mixture.
- Apply the mask all over your face and neck.
- Massage the mask for around ten minutes and then allow it to dry for another 10 minutes.
- This mask is excellent for skin exfoliation and deep cleansing pores.
Benefits – You can use this mask once a week to bring a youth and glow to your skin. It will deep cleanse your skin and give a facial like effect.
2. Egg White and Honey Mask
Honey is rich in anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. You can apply honey and egg white mask on your face and neck to get rid of all sorts of skin problems.
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- 1 tablespoon of lemon (for oily skin)
- Collect the egg white in a bowl.
- Add desired quantity of honey into it.
- You may add lemon juice if you have oily skin.
- Whisk the mixture well using a blender.
- Apply a thin layer around your neck and face using a cosmetic brush.
- Leave the mixture for approximately 20 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
- Pat your skin dry with a soft towel.
Benefits – This mask is great to provide your skin with deep nourishment, softness, and freedom from almost all types of skin problems.
3. Egg Mask for Acne
If you are suffering from acne problem then this is an amazing mask for you. While egg white is great to tighten the skin, tea tree oil is proven to combat acne. Multani mitti or Fuller’s Earth is another ingredient that can be mixed with oily skin.
- 1 egg white
- Few drops of tea tree oil
- 1 tablespoon of Fuller’s Earth, if you have oily skin
- Take an egg white
- Mix it well with Fuller’s Earth
- Add few drops of tea tree oil to it.
- Apply this pack on your face and allow it to dry for 15 – 20 minutes
- Wash your face well with warm water.
Benefits – This is an excellent pack for oily skin. It helps control oiliness to a great extent. Also, it keeps all skin problems at bay and results in enhancement and improvement of skin texture.
4. Egg White Mask for Blackheads
Egg white is rich in albumin, which is an excellent protein for skin tightening, shrinking pores and extracting blackheads. You can prepare an excellent egg white blackhead mask at home.
- 2 Egg Whites
- Paper Towel or Tissue Paper
- Take egg whites and whisk them well to prepare egg white peel off mask.
- You may use a hand blender to whisk them till you get a stiff mixture.
- Apply the mixture on your face and neck using a cosmetic brush.
- Apply a layer of paper towel or tissue paper on the face.
- Coat the paper towel with another layer of egg white mix.
- Let the mixture dry for a half hour and then peel it off.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water and pat it dry.
Benefits – It is an effective egg white blackhead removal mask that can be applied once a month to get clear skin.
5. Egg White Face Mask for Skin Tightening
Egg whites can be combined with lemon juice to create an effective mask for skin tightening. Lemon juice is a natural bleaching agent that is excellent for all skin types. Egg white is great for skin tightening.
- 1 Egg White
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- Take one egg white in a bowl.
- Squeeze a tablespoon of lemon juice into the mixture.
- Whisk the mixture well.
- Apply it on your face and neck with a facial brush.
- Let the mixture settle for 15 minutes.
- Rinse well and pat dry your skin.
Benefits – Applying this mask once a week is great to have well-toned and wrinkle-free skin.
6. Egg White Face Mask for Hair Removal
Egg whites are great to tighten and nourish the skin. White sugar is an active exfoliator that gently cleans the skin. Cornstarch is great to absorb skin impurities and dust.
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon of extra fine white sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- Whish 1 egg white in a bowl.
- Add fine sugar and cornstarch into the mixture.
- Mix well and apply the mixture uniformly on the skin surface.
- Let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Carefully peel off the layer.
- If you have sensitive skin then you can apply a thin layer of Aloe Vera gel on the face.
Benefits – You may apply this hair mask twice a month to remove facial hair from the skin surface.
7. Egg White Mask for Wrinkles
If you are experiencing wrinkles due to aging then this is an amazing mask to apply. It contains castor oil, which is excellent to reduce wrinkles and enhancing the skin texture. Aloe Vera gel is another active ingredient in this mask that is great to enhance skin elasticity and health.
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon Aloe Vera Gel
- 1 teaspoon castor oil
- Add castor oil and Aloe Vera gel in a bowl.
- Whisk the egg and add the mixture to
- Let the mixture settle and dry for 20 minutes.
- Wash face well and pat it dry to get a soft and gentle skin.
Benefits – An application of the mask 2 times a week will offer significant results and you will experience tightened skin free from wrinkles in the first application.
8. Egg White Mask for Skin Brightening
While egg white is great to nourish and tighten the skin, orange juice is rich in Vitamin C and great for skin brightening. You can also add a pinch of turmeric powder to brighten and lighten the skin.
- Egg whites of 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of organic juice
- A pinch of organic turmeric powder
- Collect an egg white and whisk it well in the bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of orange juice into it and whisk the mixture again.
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Apply the mixture on your face and neck.
- Leave the mixture and let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Rinse your face well with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- You may apply a thin layer of Aloe Vera gel to lock in the nutrients.
Benefits – Applying this mask once a month is great to lighten and brighten the skin.
9. Egg Yolk Mask for Dry Skin
You would be glad to know that not just the egg white, but even egg yolk is great for our skin. Egg yolk is rich in proteins and other ingredients that can also provide deep nourishment to the skin.
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Take one egg yolk.
- Take 1 tablespoon of honey and add it to the egg yolk.
- Mix the ingredients well till you get a smooth consistency.
- Apply the mixture on your face and let it dry for 15 minutes.
- Once the mixture is dried you can wash it well with lukewarm water.
Benefits – This is an excellent mixture that offers great benefits to the skin. It provides deep moisture and nourishment to the skin. It is an excellent pack for the dry skin.
10. Egg White and Oatmeal Mask
Egg white can offer numerous benefits to the skin. One such benefit that can be availed with egg white is for lifting the skin. If you are experience sagging skin problem because of aging then this is the perfect mask for you.
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal
- Take an egg white and whip it well.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oatmeal powder into it.
- Mix the ingredients well and make a paste.
- Apply the mixture on your face and let it dry for at least 20 minutes.
- Once you will wash off the mask, you will experience face lift and enhances skin texture.
Benefits – It is the best natural mask for skin lifting.
- Egg white masks are runny. Hence, avoid wearing new clothes while applying these masks.
- Always wash your face with mild face wash before applying the mask. It will deliver you the best results.
- Always do a patch test before applying the mask.
- You can apply simple egg white mask to ensure that it does not cause any side effects to your skin.
Naturally, prepared face masks offer great benefits to the skin. Egg white masks benefits are countless and can help you get rid of all your skin problems. The best thing is that they are natural and free from any type of chemical effect or damage to the skin.
Now you are aware of the various benefits of egg whites for your skin. Prepare the egg white face mask and apply them to get a healthy, problem-free, and glowing skin!