Burning feet sensation is now a common problem among men and women affecting every age group.
What happens is that your feet become hot, numb, red and painful which regularly happens during the evening. Sometimes people call it hot feet or dead feet.
The primary cause behind burning feet is the inflammation of the feet muscles and tissues and this could be because of different reasons like wearing unfitted shoes, remaining at one position for longer hours, injury and so on.
Table of Contents
- Home Remedies for Burning Feet
Symptoms of Burning Feet
Burning sensation in the feet is a common symptom of hot feet, followed by inflammation, red or pale skin, stiffed muscles, pain, trouble in movement etc.
Causes of Burning Feet
Various factors which leads to burning sensation are;
- Vitamin deficiency (vitamin B12, folate, and every so often vitamin B6) and Malnutrition
- Alcohol abuse
- Kidney disease
- Low thyroid hormone levels (hypothyroidism)
- Infectious disease such as HIV/AIDS and Lyme disease
- Athlete’s foot (fungal infection of foot)
- Old age
Medication symptoms, including chemotherapy drugs, vitamin B6 overdose, HIV prescriptions, amiodarone, isoniazid, metformin, and others.
You need to treat the problem of burning feet, else you could face tissue harm if the problem persists or occur again. Here are simple home remedies for burning feet sensation which will help you to get rid of your problem.
Home Remedies for Burning Feet
1.Apple Cider Vinegar
ACV helps in maintaining pH level, and it is considered being a standout amongst other home solutions for burning feet. On the off chance that you need to utilize it, there are two different ways for you to take it.
- ACV-1-2 tsp
- Water- 1 glass
- Dilute ACV with some water, and drink it once every day.
- Following this remedy for few days will help you to get rid of hot feet.
- ACV-2-3 tbsp
- Hot Water
- Sea salt or Epsom salt (optional) -1-2 tsp
- Pour some apple cider vinegar into hot water.
- Absorb your feet for 20 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy 2 times every day.
- If you are looking for a better result, then you can add 1-2 tsp of sea salt or Epsom salt in the same water.
Benefit of Sea Salt/ Epsom Salt: These salts contain magnesium which helps to decrease pain and inflammation of the feet. It also soothes your feet and provides relief from burning sensation.
As per researches, thyme can help treat hot feet. It advances blood flow and can even liberate from constricted blood vessels. This will alleviate burning sensation.
Thyme contains antimicrobial properties(1) which can, likewise be used for curing burning sensations caused due to athlete’s foot.
- Thyme- a bunch
- Hot water
- Cold water
- Take a bunch of thyme, and soak it in 2 dishes.
- Fill one foot tub with boiling water, and another tub with cool water.
- In every tub, include the soaked thyme alongside the water from the bowl.
- Absorb your feet in the heated water tub for 3to 5minutes.
- And afterward change to the cool water tub for a couple of minutes.
- Return and repeat like this for around 20 minutes.
- Follow this remedy daily, and soon you will be healed from burning feet problem.
3. Cold Water
Cool water is a one of the most common home solutions for hot feet, and it is exceptionally easy to do at home. The cure will help in diminishing swelling, deadness, shivering on the feet rapidly.
- Firstly, set up a foot tub, and fill it with cool water.
- Then, absorb your feet in the water for 1-2 minutes.
- Finally, relax and soak your feet once more.
- Continue this process 2-3 times daily.
Note: However, you should focus that absorbing the feet in cool water is generally prescribed against if there is an occurrence of erythromelalgia, as it may make the problem worse.
Turmeric contains a compound called curcumin that can enhance circulation and blood flow extremely well.
Also, turmeric comprises of anti-inflammatory properties that can lessen pain and burning sensation in your feet. Subsequently, it is said to be extraordinary compared to other normal burning feet remedy.
- Add 1-2 tsp of turmeric powder with some warm water.
- Stir well, and drink this water 2 times a day for few days.
Process: 2 Turmeric Paste
- Alternatively, you can mix 2 tbsp of turmeric with sufficient water to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your feet and then, wash it after 30 minutes.
- Repeat this treatment up to 2 times each day.
Note: This remedy can stain your feet.
Bitter melon contains powerful anti-oxidants which alleviates pain and skin inflammation. It cures diabetes, boosts your immune system, and fights any infection in your body. Therefore, it is one of the effective methods for treating burning sensation of the feet.
- Take a handful of bitter melon leaves and wash it thoroughly.
- Grind them to make a smooth thick paste, using adequate amount of water.
- Now, apply this paste on your affected feet.
- Leave it for 30-40 minutes, and then wash your feet with cold water.
- Immediately you will get relief from burning sensation of feet.
- Repeat this method daily once.
Another successful component for burning feet is ginger. It can ease burning sensations in the feet and increase blood course in your body, due to its various active components.
- Ginger juice- 1 tsp
- Olive oil/ coconut oil- 1-2 tbsp
- Extract some ginger juice, and mix with olive or coconut oil.
- And afterward, you rub your legs and feet for 10-15 minutes.
- This helps in reducing numbness and tingling sensation.
- Repeat this remedy daily for few days.
- Drink some ginger tea regularly 2 times a day.
- Continue doing this method for a couple of days, until your condition improves.
7. Tea Solution
A tea solution is additionally a simple and viable approach to get rid from burning sensation in the feet. Tea has tannic acid that is anti-inflammatory in nature (2), which helps in alleviating pain and swelling of the feet tissues.
- Heat up some tea powder in water.
- Allow the water to cool down.
- Then soak your feet in this solution for few minutes.
- Do this 2-3 times daily to get relief from the symptoms of burning feet.
Hawthorn is a natural herb which is used often by people to make tea. It constricts the blood vessels and improves circulation of legs and feet, thus decreases the symptoms of burning feet. Hawthorne is mostly available in herbal shops.
- Prepare a tea with 1 tbsp of Hawthorne herb.
- Drink 2 cups of Hawthorne tea daily.
It is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties that are essential in treating burning sensation of the feet. Garlic is so important in treating various diseases that you must have garlic in your kitchen.
- You can chew few pods of garlic every day.
- This helps to get relief from burning feet symptoms.
- Alternatively, you can prepare garlic oil, and use to massage your feet to get relief from the burning sensation.
- If you want to know the recipe of preparing garlic oil then read below.
How to Prepare Garlic Oil?
-Take few pieces of crushed garlic.
-Heat the pan using olive or mustard oil.
-Add crushed garlic and stir for few minutes.
-Once it cools down, sieve the mixture, and use the remaining oil.
10. Foot Massage
Tenderly massaging your feet and legs with some oil is another extraordinary method, to soothe the uneasiness related with hot feet.
Massage increases blood circulation of legs and feet, thus help in reducing pain and discomfort associated with burning feet.
You can use olive, coconut, or mustard oil for rubbing your feet.
- Apply the oil on the affected feet.
- Massage utilizing upward strokes with firm fingers for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Do this every prior day going to bed and early in the morning, to get rid of feet discomfort.
Deficiency of certain nutrients leads to poor circulation, which is the main cause for burning feet. Taking vitamin B3 and Fish oil which is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids will help in improving your burning sensations of feet, and prevents happening in future.
Vitamin B3, otherwise called niacin, enhances blood circulation, reinforces the nerves, and keeps the nerves from breaking under strain. Increasing the intake of vitamin B3 can help soothe burning feet.
- To give your body the truly necessary vitamin B3, eat more brewer’s yeast, milk, egg yolks, peanuts, yogurt, wheat, entire grain items, beans, and lots of green and leafy vegetables.
- You can likewise take vitamin B3 supplements subsequent after counseling with your doctor.
Fish oil is high in omega 3 unsaturated fats which nourishes the feet tissues, and prevents inflammation and pain due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Take 2 fish oil capsules daily, or you can add fish oil in your diet.
Chromium is a natural mineral, usually found in vitamin supplements which are essential for your health. It stabilizes blood sugar level which is one of the causes of burning feet.
Regular dosage of chromium helps in alleviating hot feet symptoms. It is a good remedy for diabetic, non-diabetic should consult a doctor while taking its supplement.
It’s vital to remain physically dynamic to help enhance blood flow in your body, and avoid issues of nervous system.
- People with burning sensation should consider walking bare foot on grass or sand as it helps in alleviating the symptoms of hot feet.
- Activities like running and jogging must be done regularly. These are magnificent for increasing the blood flow to the whole body.
More: DIY Homemade Foot Scrub
Additional Tips to Prevent Burning Feet
- Always go for comfortable and proper fitting footwear.
- Never wear a shoe without socks. Socks help to absorb the sweat and keep your feet dry which prevents the problem.
- Use shoe pad to ensure proper comfort.
- In the wake of a prolonged day work, it is advisable to stretch your feet and furthermore put ice to your feet.
- Give rest to your feet as much as you can.
- Have a balanced diet comprise of all vitamins and minerals.
- Dehydration is the main cause of poor blood flow, so it is always advisable to drink plenty of water for your body to function healthy.
- Maintain a strategic distance from alcohol and other narcotic drugs.
- Acupuncture (needle therapy) or magnetic treatment help to keep the nerves active. Try doing it whenever possible.
Following these home remedies and tips will help to ease discomfort, and fight burning feet syndrome. However, it is always best to consult a doctor to regulate the underlying cause of your problem to treat it properly.