Asthma is a commonly known lung disease. This disease causes mild to severe difficulty in breathing and this again entirely depends upon if it’s an acute asthma or a chronic one. The difficulty in breathing is caused due to blockage in the airways of the lungs and this is also considered as the initial most sign of asthma.
There is no definite cause or reason for asthma but there are many things that could trigger asthma attacks such as:
- Psychological Factors such as Stress, Depression and Despair
- Excessive Smoking
- Being a Passive Smoker
- Kids with Respiratory Infection
- Sudden Changes in the Weather
- Food Allergies
- Childhood Infections
- Allergy to Certain Medications
The factors that can trigger asthma attacks are many and one of the most common one is dust and pollutants. These not just trigger asthma attack but can also be the primary cause for asthma.
As far as the treatment is concerned for asthma there are many over the counter drugs available in the market but often these medications can be quite addictive.
So the next best way to answer the query about how to treat asthma is with the help of some easy and natural home remedies. These remedies are made using completely natural ingredients and this makes them safe, side effect free and very affordable. They have also been proven to give guaranteed results in curing and preventing the body from asthma attacks.
This is exactly what we shall be discussing about in this article today. In this article we have listed out some of the most popular and highly recommended natural asthma remedies using ginger.
From the use of many other natural ingredients to treat asthma one of the most commonly and highly effective natural ingredient is Ginger.
Ginger is a root vegetable which is known to heal and treat the symptoms of asthma naturally. It has also been proven be many scientific researches that the consumption of ginger during asthma attack also helps in easing out the breathing process and reduces the breathlessness.
This is also the main reason why most of the home remedies to cure asthma mainly promote the usage of ginger in them!
So here are out top most recommended and trending solutions for your query about how to treat asthma with Ginger.
Treat Asthma with Ginger Using Home Remedies
1. Ginger & Salt Remedy
Ginger is known to be a great natural source of anti inflammatory and anti viral properties. This makes it one of the best natural ingredients to get rid of the symptoms of asthma.
Try this remedy and get an instant relief from the breathlessness caused due to asthma!
- Small Ginger Pieces – 2-3
- Salt – 1 Pinch
- Small Bowl
- Take a piece of ginger and cut it into bite sized small pieces of about 2-3.
- Now add into a small bowl and sprinkle some salt over the ginger pieces.
- Mix it well so that the ginger is well coated with salt.
- Now consume this as and when you get an asthma attack as it immediately helps in clearing out the airways in the lungs and allows you to breathe easily.
- This is one of the most instant natural remedies for asthma
- One needs to consume this remedy only when you get an asthma attack. this is best emergency home remedy for asthma attack
[Also Read: Top 9 Most Effective Natural Antibiotics]
2. Ground Ginger Remedy
This remedy is for the ones looking for natural cures for asthma and don’t have that much free time on hand to sit and prepare a home remedy for the same.
It’s a quick and quite effective one and one can easily follow this one everyday just before going to bed.
Ginger soaked in water helps in doubling up the potency of ginger to cure the symptoms of asthma and also prevents the chest and nasal congestion.
- Ground Ginger – 1 tsp
- Water – 1 ½ Cup
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Take a small mixing bowl and into this add in the water and the ground ginger.
- Now mix this well until the ground ginger is well dissolved in the water.
- Now take a tablespoon of this mixture just before going to bed.
- If you feel uneasy after consuming this then you can also drink a glass of warm water after consuming this.
- Follow this routine if you are worried about how to treat asthma with ginger at home.
- Continue doing this everyday for at least 2-3 weeks or until you don’t experience any symptoms of asthma.
3. Ginger, Amla Raisins & Honey Remedy
Ginger is one of the most powerful natural ingredients which contain healing properties that are known to treat and prevent the body from respiratory disorders such as asthma.
Raisins, amla and honey help the body by speeding the recovery process of the asthma. It also helps in increasing the efficacy of this home remedy using ginger.
So if you are suffering from frequent asthma cough attacks at night then try this remedy and you won’t be disappointed at all!
- Ginger Powder – 2 tsp
- Raisins – 10 g
- Honey – 2 tsp
- Amla Fruit (Indian Gooseberry) – 2-3 Nos.
- Mortar & Pestle
- Water – 1-2 Cups
- Firstly you will need to add in some water into the saucepan and place it over medium heat.
- Now into this water add in the amlas and let it boil for at least 10-15 mins or until the amlas turn soft.
- Once the amlas feel extremely soft take it off the heat.
- Let the amlas to cool down for a bit.
- Once the amlas feel warm enough to touch take off the seed from it and add the pulp of the fruit into the mortar and pestle.
- Now grind this until it turns into a smooth paste like consistency.
- Now into this amla paste add in the raisins, ginger powder and honey.
- Grind it well again until all the ingredients are well combined and form a uniform paste like consistency.
- Now consume a teaspoon of this amla paste twice in a day after meals.
- Continue with this remedy for at least 2-3 weeks for complete relief.
- This is one of the most effective and affordable treatments for asthma.
- It is strictly advised that the diabetic patients avoid the consumption of this remedy.
4. Honey & Ginger Tea For Asthma Relief
Honey too just like ginger contains anti viral and anti microbial properties. This quality aids in treating and preventing the body from the symptoms of asthma.
Honey also helps in melting the stubborn mucus formed in the chest and in the nasal passages. This further helps in clearing the airways and the asthmatic patient is instantly able to breathe better.
If you are looking for an easy and good tasting drink that will also help you in curing asthma then this is the one for you!
- Chopped Ginger – 1 tsp
- Honey – 1-2 tsp
- Water – 1 Cup
- Take a saucepan and place it over medium heat.
- Now add some water into the saucepan.
- Chop a small piece of ginger and add it into the water over heat.
- Let it boil for a few mins.
- Once the ginger infused water starts to boil take it off the heat.
- Strain this solution and get rid of the ginger pieces and retain the water.
- Now into this ginger tea add in the honey and stir it well.
- Drink this ginger tea at least twice in a day.
- This is a completely natural cure for asthma and you will have to continue with it for at least a month to get the best results.
5. Ginger Juice, Pomegranate Juice & Honey Remedy
Looking for natural cures for asthma using ginger?
Then this remedy is the one you must try!
Ginger not only helps in clearing the airways in the lungs but also reduces the inflammation in the chest and in the nasal passages.
Pomegranate juice also contains anti inflammatory properties which helps in rejuvenating the body and speeds up the healing process after the asthma attack.
Honey in this remedy acts as the anti microbial agent which prevents and treats the symptoms of asthma. Use this remedy and other home remedies for asthma attack.
- Pomegranate Juice – 1 tsp
- Ginger Juice – 1 tsp
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Small Bowl
- Take a small bowl and into this add in the ginger juice, pomegranate juice and the honey.
- Mix this well until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Now consume this mixed ginger solution at least 2-3 times in a day and continue with this process for about 2 weeks.
- This can definitely be considered as one of the top most preferred solutions for your concern about how to treat asthma with ginger using this home remedy.
[Also Read: Treat Burning Sinus Infection at Home Naturally]
6. Ginger, Fenugreek & Honey Remedy
Fenugreek seeds just like ginger are counted as one of the best treatments for asthma. It helps in melting the accumulated phlegm and clears the airways of the chest.
This remedy using ginger juice, fenugreek seeds and honey is a natural way of detoxifying the lungs and this further helps in eliminating the mucus as well as clearing the chest. The result can be instantly seen with easy breathing and clear airways.
Try this remedy to reduce the symptoms of asthma immediately!
- Ginger Juice – 1 tbsp
- Dried Fenugreek Seeds – 2 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Small Bowl
- Take a small bowl and into this add in the ginger juice, dried fenugreek seeds and the honey.
- Mix this well and let it soak overnight.
- The next day after your breakfast consume this.
- This process needs to be repeated once every morning.
- Continue doing this for at least 2-3 weeks for best results.
- This remedy is regarded as one of the most helpful natural remedies for asthma wheezing as it involves the detoxification process for the lungs and which is also the easiest cure for asthma.
7. Treat Asthma with Ginger Remedy
Are you looking for the best answer about how to treat asthma with Ginger?
Then this one step remedy is all you need!
Ginger helps in improving the blood circulation throughout the body and this aid in eliminating the mucus from the chest and the blocked nasal passages.
Asthmatic patients are mostly known to have constant cough attacks and this is mainly because of the excess mucus build up in the lungs. Ginger helps in removing the same and naturally.
- Ginger Small Piece – 1 Nos.
- This is an easy one step remedy and for this you will need to consume a small piece of ginger every day.
- Asthmatic patients can either consume the piece of ginger along with food or after meals.
- This is a natural cure for asthma and the symptoms of asthma and needs to be followed every day once.
- Continue with this remedy for at least 2-3 weeks for best results.
8. Ginger, Mint, Holy Basil & Pepper Corn Tea Remedy
Mint just like ginger is loaded with anti inflammatory and anti bacterial properties. It is also regarded as one of the best natural ingredients to cure respiratory health concerns such as asthma.
Holy basil also helps in melting the mucus build up in the chest and eases out the breathing process.
Pepper corn is another natural ingredient which is of best help in treating and preventing the body from respiratory disorders such as common cold, whooping cough, runny nose and asthma.
This Ginger tea works wonders in treating the asthma attack naturally and also further prevents the body from getting the next one.
- Ginger – 1 Small Piece
- Fresh Mint Leaves – 6-8
- Pepper Corns – 4-5
- Holy Basil Leaves – 3-4
- Honey – 1-2 tsp
- Water – 2 Cups
- Mortar & Pestle
- Take a saucepan and add water into it and place it over medium heat.
- Allow the water to boil.
- Now add the mint leaves, pepper corns and the holy basil into the mortar and pestle and crush it until it turns into a paste like consistency.
- Now add this mint, pepper corn and holy basil leaves paste into the boiling water.
- Add ginger to the water too and stir it well.
- Once the water reaches the boiling consistency take it off the heat.
- Cover it with a lid and let it steep for another 3-4 mins.
- Later strain this tea and transfer it into a tea cup.
- Now add some honey to this tea, stir well and drink it.
- This process needs to be followed once every day for best results.
- This is one of the most preferred natural remedies for asthma attack.
- In some extremely cold climatic conditions people prefer this tea over the regular ones as it helps in keeping the airways and nasal passages clear and free from phlegm build up.
- So in order to keep asthma attacks at bay it is best suggested to continue drinking this tea for breathing problems once in a day for about 3-4 weeks.
9. Ginger Juice & Lemon Juice Remedy
Lemon juice is packed with vitamin C and this helps in preventing and treating the body from respiratory infections such as cold, cough and asthma too.
So adding lemon juice to the ginger juice will help in getting rid of the symptoms of asthma.
Try this remedy now if you are looking for the best natural treatments for asthma!
- Small Piece of Ginger – 1 Nos.
- Lemon Juice – ½ tsp
- Vegetable Grater
- Muslin Cloth
- Firstly peel the piece of ginger and grate it over the vegetable grater.
- Now transfer this grated ginger mixture into the muslin cloth and squeeze the cloth to extract as much ginger juice as possible.
- For this remedy it is best recommended that you use fresh ginger juice only for best results.
- Now add in some lemon juice to this freshly squeezed ginger juice and mix it well.
- Consume this solution once in a day after meals.
- Follow this routine for at least 3-4 weeks for eliminating every symptom of asthma.
- Get your health concern about how to treat asthma resolved with this simple but effective home remedy.
10. Ginger Essential Oil Remedy
Just like ginger the ginger essential oil is considered as one of the best natural cure for asthma. As the essential oil is the purest extraction of the ginger and this speed up the healing process for the asthmatic patients.
Many people don’t really like the strong taste of the ginger tea and give their preference to the green tea more. For them this remedy is ideal as they can continue using green tea as it induced asthma with their green tea and at the same time treat the symptoms of asthma effectively using ginger.
- Ginger Essential Oil – 1-2 Drops
- Green Tea Bag – 1 Nos.
- Water – 1 Cup
- Firstly take a saucepan and into this add in about a cup of water and place it over medium heat.
- Now let the water to boil and once it reaches the boiling consistency take it off the heat.
- Transfer this water into a cup and add in the green tea bag and cover it with a lid.
- Let it steep for about 4-5 mins.
- Later take off the green tea bag and discard it.
- Into the green tea solution add in a drop or two of the ginger essential oil and stir this well.
- Now if you want to make it better tasting you can also add a teaspoon of honey in this tea.
- Drink this tea at least twice in a day for best results to treat asthma with ginger.
- This is one of the most preferred treatments for asthma and needs to be continued for at least 3-4 weeks or until the symptoms of asthma are completely gone.
So these were our top most suggestions for your query about how to treat asthma with Ginger.
Apart from these home remedies there are a few other ways with which you can prevent and treat asthma.
Tips & Suggestions to Prevent and Cure Asthma:
Other Foods that Help in the Prevention & Treatment of Asthma –
Important Tips for Cure & Prevention’s of Asthma –
- Practice deep breathing exercises such as pranayama as this helps in clearing the blocked airways and also reduces the symptoms of asthma.
- Make sure to follow a daily routine of some kind of physical activity as this helps in improving the blood circulation throughout the body and also aids in clearing out the blocked nasal passages and chest congestion caused due to asthma.
- Vitamin C contains anti inflammatory properties and is packed with anti oxidants and it is best suggested that the asthmatic patients consume foods that are rich vitamin C as it helps in keeping the asthma attacks at bay and also speeds up the recovery process after a chronic asthma attack.
- Processed and dairy foods are a complete no for the asthmatic patients.
- Avoid smoking or if you are a severe asthmatic patient then it is best suggested that you to quit smoking as smoking aggravates the symptoms of asthma.
- Always make sure to stay away from cold or frozen foods as they can trigger the asthma attack.
- Avoid eating foods such as pickles, excess sugar, curd as they can cause phlegm and result in chest and nasal congestion.
- Foods that contain preservatives such as pickles, chocolate and others can cause breathing concerns and trigger an asthma attack.
- Avoid the usage of strong deodorants or perfumes as they can trigger an asthma attack.
- Stay away from damp or cold weather conditions as they can worsen the asthma.
- Always make sure to live in a clean and fresh environment as dust and dirt can trigger asthma too.
We hope all of the above mentioned natural remedies for asthma were of best help to you.
All the remedies for asthma wheezing, tips and suggestions mentioned here are completely natural and cause no side effect or health concern what so ever.
Before splurging on the chemically laced over the counter drugs for treating asthma we suggest you give these natural and highly effective remedies to treat asthma with ginger a must try. These remedies have been proven to treat and reduce the symptoms of asthma and also prevent the body from asthma.
Watch Home Remedies to Treat Asthma with Ginger
Do drop in a line and let us know as to which of the above mentioned natural cures for asthma was of best help to you. We would love to hear from you and know your opinion about the same to serve you with better natural suggestions.