Do you become anxious the minute you venture into the heat and your hair puffs up like a lion’s mane.
Each woman on the planet cherishes and needs to have sparkly, luxurious, delicate, and bouncy hair.
Nobody needs to have a muddled puffy hair, as it is outrageous and can influence you to resemble a sluggish lady.
Each individual has a peculiar taste and style. The one whose hairs are straight desire how to get puffy hair, and the one who has puffy hair wants to know how to make hair less puffy, or may want to get rid of curly puffy hair.
If you are the one wrestling with your puffy or frizzy hair, then go ahead and read this article to know some of the best home remedies, about how to get rid of puffy hair naturally after shower.
Table of Contents
- Home Remedies for Puffy Hair
- 1. Avocado Yogurt Hair Mask
- 2. Coconut Milk
- 3. Almond Oil and Egg
- 4. Pumpkin and Honey
- 5. Mayonnaise
- 6. Banana
- 7. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 8. Oiling
- 9. Honey
- 10. Aloe vera
- Few Things to Note
Causes of Puffy Hair
Dry and fizzy hair is also a sign of puffy hair. There are a couple of causes that makes your fine hair to end up puffy curly hair.
Humidity is the main reason for having dry puffy hair. Besides, using low-quality shampoos or hair styling items containing numerous synthetic substances, coloring your hair frequently, and use of hairdryers additionally, add to having dryness and puffiness in the hair.
What’s more, vitamin insufficiency and hunger likewise urges your hair to be dried out and puffy. Additionally, the common texture of your hair can also be a reason for a puffy hair.
Sometimes, touching the hair frequently after washing also causes hair to become puffy and decreases the quality of your hair.
How to Control Puffy Hair?
There are numerous things you can do to control your puffy hair, if you are eating healthy and drinking sufficient water, then you can easily tame your dry and frizzy hair. Oiling regularly is also the key of getting frizz-free hair.
How to get rid of dry hair? Apart from this, there are certain home remedies which will help to get rid of dry, curly puffy hair.
Home Remedies for Puffy Hair
1. Avocado Yogurt Hair Mask
Avocado is economical, yet powerful solution for controlling frizz. It has vitamins B and E which nurtures the hair and fixes damage, while yogurt acts a cleanser and conditions your hair.
- Yogurt- 1 cup
- Take a ripe avocado and remove its seed.
- Mash avocado smoothly and add yogurt in it.
- Beat both the ingredients to get a creamy paste.
- Apply it directly to your hair, or you can use a brush to apply.
- Leave it for 40-45 minutes, then, wash completely with a shampoo.
- Line up with a conditioner, to get rid of dry puffy hair.
- In case, you want to know how to make your hair puffy, then avoid using a conditioner and you will get slight puffy hair.
- Repeat this hair mask every week.
2. Coconut Milk
Coconut milk functions as a distinctive light protein and dampness treatment for dry hair (1). You can remove coconut milk from the substance of the coconut or pick one accessible in the market.
- Coconut milk-1cup
- Take coconut milk in a small pan, heat it till it becomes warm. Ensure it doesn’t get excessively hot.
- Keep the warm coconut milk on your hair, covering your head with a towel. For best results, leave it overnight.
- Use a shower cap to cover your hair to set-up the moisture and heat.
- Next morning, wash your hair using a cleanser or a shampoo, and allow your hair to dry normally.
- How to stop frizzy hair after washing. Continue this remedy, 2 times a week to get shiny frizz-free hair.
3. Almond Oil and Egg
An almond oil and egg is appraised high as a perfect mask. While the oil gives the hair the truly necessary saturating impact, the high protein substance of the egg repairs harmed hair shafts.
- Almond oil- ¼ cup
- Raw egg- 1
- Take almond oil in a bowl, and whisk egg separately.
- Add whisked egg in a bowl containing almond oil, and again beat to get a smooth mixture.
- Section your hair, and apply this mask with a hair brush or with your fingers.
- Cover the entire length of your hair.
- Leave this mask for about 45 minutes, and then wash it with a mild shampoo and a good conditioner.
- Use this hair mask every week to get rid of frizzy hair.
4. Pumpkin and Honey
Combination of pumpkin and honey is one of the most effective methods to use, and these ingredients are easily available in your kitchen.
Pumpkin contains a ton of vitamins (2), which help to recharge your puffy hair and remain a sound hair, while honey is a superb humectant, with anti-bacterial properties which can hydrate your hair successfully.
- Pumpkin puree- 1 cup
- Honey- 1 tbsp
- Before applying this mask, clean your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Take pumpkin puree and add honey to it.
- Pumpkin purees are available in the food store, or you can make this puree easily at home also.
- Mix both the ingredients, and apply this mixture covering your scalp and hair.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes, and then wash your hair normally.
- Use this mask every week to have bouncy smooth hair.
Indeed, this is among the best tips on the most proficient method to get rid of puffy hair normally at home, so individuals can apply effectively at home without stressing any harmful impacts.
Mayonnaise has eggs and oil in it, which offers sparkle to hair, makes it solid and includes an additional defensive layer of moisture. It is considered as one of the best hair mask for controlling puffy hair using mayonnaise.
- Mayonnaise- ¼ cup
- Almond or olive oil- 2 tbsp
- Eggs- 1 or 2
- Lemon juice or apple cider vinegar- 1 tsp
- Take mayonnaise in a bowl, and add almond or olive oil in it.
- Add eggs (depending on your hair length) with yolk.
- You can also add lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
- Mix all the ingredients properly, and apply to clean hair.
- Use a shower cap to cover your hair.
- Let it settle for about 30-40 minutes.
- Then, wash off with cold water using a shampoo and a conditioner.
- Applying this mask 1 or 2 times in a week, helps in nourishing the hair and removes hair dryness completely.
Bananas are incredible for hair molding, since they are affluent in characteristic oils, potassium, starches, and vitamins.
Banana along with honey, yogurt, and olive oil helps in repairing damaged hair, makes hair to shine, and prevents split ends which cause frizzy hair.
- Banana- 1
- Yogurt- 3 tbsp
- Honey- 2 tbsp
- Olive oil- 2tbsp
- Mash banana nicely with a fork.
- Add yogurt, honey, and olive oil.
- Blend the mixture smoothly, and apply all over your hair and scalp.
- Cover it with a shower cap, and leave your hair for 30-60 minutes.
- Then, wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner.
- It is a very effective remedy against frizzy hair, so follow it at least once a week.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is another extremely powerful element for fighting and avoiding dry or puffy hair. Acidic properties in ACV will smooth out the frizz and give new life to your dull hair.
- Apple cider vinegar- 2 tbsp
- Water- 2 cups
- Dilute ACV in water and mix it well.
- First, wash your hair using a shampoo, and then rinse your hair using this solution.
- Keep this solution for 5-10 minutes, and then finish with a conditioner.
- Do this treatment every week, and it will add sheen to your hair.
Hot oil massages are outstanding amongst other approaches to treat curly puffy hair. Oils support and saturate your hair keeping it firm and without frizz.
There are various oils, each conveying their one of kind properties. You can pick what oils to use for massaging depending upon your hair type.
Following is a list of oils and how they treat dry and puffy hair.
Coconut Oil for Dry and Puffy Hair
Coconut oil is a standout amongst the most penetrative hair oils. It contains chains of unsaturated fats, which sustain your hair from within, making it healthier and sturdier.
Almond Oil for Dry and Puffy Hair
Almond oil is loaded in vitamin E which holds antioxidants properties (3). Cell reinforcements battle the free radicals which harm your hair, keeping it strong. It is additionally, an emollient which helps keep moisture protected in your hair shaft.
Jojoba Oil for Dry and Puffy Hair
Jojoba oil is ideal for the individuals who have mix hair, which is sleek at the roots and dry at the tips. The oil imitates the regular oils formed by your scalp, lessening the measure of oil produced, while saturating, and giving sustenance to the tips of your hair.
Argan Oil for Dry Puffy Hair
Argan oil has a rich substance of unsaturated fats which encourage treat and heal damages (4). It additionally prevents splitting of your hair, and makes it soft and more controllable.
Olive Oil for Dry Puffy Hair
Olive oil works as a natural conditioner that makes your silky and smooth (5). It helps in moisturizing your hair follicles, prevents dandruff, and enhances scalp well-being.
There are a wide range of oils and mixes you can use for your hair. You can likewise make your own mix of oils from your preferred oils.
Give yourself unwinding hot oil massage by following method below.
- Few different oils of your choice- 3-5 tbsp
- Put the oil into a bowl, and heat it by putting it in a bigger bowl or basin loaded with hot water.
- Apply this oil in your hair and scalp, by massaging it for 10-20 minutes.
- Now, take a towel and soak it in hot water and use it to wrap your head. This will allow maximum heat to penetrate in your hair.
- Let oil soak for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Wash off using a shampoo and conditioner.
- Oil massaging helps in preventing dry and dull hair.
- Repeat this process 2 times a week.
This is a basic remedy that isn’t excessively tedious. Honey is a magnificent humectant which fixes moisture in your hair. It helps in making your hair stronger, flatter, and shinier.
- Honey- 2 tbsp
- Warm water-2 cups
- Consume honey by diluting it in water.
- Pour this solution to your washed hair.
- Let it settle for about 30 minutes.
- Then again wash off your hair normally.
Honey being a superb conditioner, additionally helps your hair. Use this mask once a week, but if you want your hair to be lighter in color then use this mask 2 times a week.
- Honey- 1 tbsp
- Yogurt- 2-3 tbsp
Process: 2 Honey and Yogurt
- Blend honey and yogurt.
- Apply this mixture on your hair.
- Let it settle for 30 minutes and then, wash your hair.
- Repeat this remedy weekly once to lock moisture in your hair.
Yogurt conditions your hair deeply and along with honey it maintains your hair effectively.
10. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is extraordinary compared to other elements for moisturizing. Blending with carrier oil frames a defensive layer over your hair follicle, which limits loss of moisture, giving you hair that is fine, smooth, and less puffy.
- Aloe vera gel-1/4 cup
- Carrier oil-1/4 cup
- Mix any carrier oil of your choice with aloe vera gel.
- Apply this mixture covering your hair and scalp.
- Let it settle for 30 minutes, and then wash it as usual.
- Follow this process 1 or 2 times a week.
- This will not only help in getting frizz-free hair, but following this remedy often will help you in getting good hair.
Few Things to Note
Here are few things which will help you in getting your desired hair.
- Try not to wash hair more than 3 times a week. Also it is best to use sulfate- free shampoo and conditioner.
- Regular massage with vitamin E oil helps in getting rid of dry and puffy hair.
- Use beer to wash your hair. As, it will add shine to your hair, make it soft and control puffy hair.
- Carbonated water is also used as a hair solution to get rid of instant puff. Just dilute it with water before using it for hair.
- Consume lots of vitamin and mineral rich foods, especially vitamin A, C, E, and B complex, as it helps to maintain healthy hair and repair hair damage.
- Get a decent hair style, or trim your hair at regular intervals, as it is the most ideal approach to control the frizz.
- Try not to wash your hair with hot water. The heat makes cuticles to grow which causes hair to become puffy. It is always best to use cool or slight warm water for washing your hair.
- Keep away from heat styling devices as it is harmful for your hair.
- Avoid cotton pillow covers, as cotton can absorb the moisture in the hair and make your hair dry.
- Do not towel dry your hair. The rubbing from it makes your hair weak and inclined to breakage.
Do try out these home remedies and tips for your puffy dry hair. Don’t forget to share your feedback with us.