The secret wish of all the people out there is to have a glowing skin. But a “glowing nose” is a great problem for all.
If you possess an oily skin then you would definitely be able to identify with the problem. An oily nose is the best place for clogged pores, grease and dust which makes your skin look dull and greasy.
You are not alone as this is a widespread problem. Most of the people facing this issue with their skin look for ways to control the oil on their face and give it a healthy shine. The main way to keep your nose oil free is to keep it clean and moisturized throughout the day.
The skin produces natural oils to help delay the process of aging and wrinkles. But excess production of oil can make your skin dull. Given below are some simple home remedies that will indeed help you stop oily nose.
Table of Contents
- Home Remedies to Stop Oily Nose
- 1. Keep Your Skin Clean
- 2. Lemon The Best Medicine
- 3. Almond Powder And Honey Scrub
- 4. Scrubbing Is Important
- 5. Vinegar Wonder
- 6. Sandalwood And Milk Mask
- 7. Mint And Yogurt Mask
- 8. Face Refreshers
- 9. Home Made Toners
- 10. Take Steam
- 11. Check Your Water Intake
- 12. Aloe Vera
- 13. Blotting Paper
- 14. Cosmetic Clay
Home Remedies to Stop Oily Nose
If you wish to learn how to stop oily nose then you will have to change your daily beauty regime and be strict with your diet and skin.
Eat a healthy diet that consists of fresh salads, fruits, yoghurt, nuts etc. Keep a tab on your daily water intake. Wash your face thrice daily to clean off the excess oil. Do not forget to tone and moisturize.
1. Keep Your Skin Clean
If you are thinking why is my nose so oily, this is because most of the oil of your face gets accumulated at the T-Zone. This is because this zone contains the sebaceous glands. So the nose easily becomes the target during the oil accumulation for an oily face.
Therefore, the best way to reduce the oily glow on the nose is to keep it clean and free of dirt. Oily skin not only makes your appearance dull but it also makes your skin prone to acne and blackheads. Redness, scarring and whiteheads are some of the common problems attached with an oily skin.
You must always keep your pores clean and moisturized for best results. It is advised to wash your face thrice daily with gentle face wash suited for oily skin. We all love clear and glowing skin. Therefore, we must also take care of the greasy nose before the problem escalates.
2. Lemon The Best Medicine
Lemon is commonly found in homes and is considered to be a super-food and medicine for a host of problems. If you wish to understand how to stop oily nose then lemon is the medicine you should be looking out for.
It helps clean stubborn dust and grease. Cleanses your skin from within and keeps excess oil away and helps to remove sun tan and naturally bleaches your skin providing sheen.
- Cotton Pad
- 3-4 drops Lemon Juice
- Few drops Honey
- Take a cotton pad and put 3-4 drops of fresh lemon juice.
- Add in a few drops of honey.
- Now wipe your face and nose with this pad.
- You can use this technique twice or thrice everyday if you want to get rid of oily nose.
3. Almond Powder And Honey Scrub
Many people just keep on brooding about why is my nose so oily without actually doing anything about it. These are the two ingredients that are readily found everywhere.
They are absolutely natural and help to ward off excess oil from the face.
Honey is a natural moisturizer and a calming agent (1). Almond has unique properties that help in fighting oily nose.
- 1 tablespoon Almond Powder
- Honey enough to make paste
- Take 1 tablespoon of almond powder and mix in honey enough to make a scrub.
- Take this paste in your palms and gently start scrubbing your face with it.
- Leave the scrub on your face for approximately 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- This scrub can be applied daily for a healthy and glowing skin.
4. Scrubbing Is Important
These days our lives are busy and we have to maintain strict working schedules. Many people are working professionals who can seldom provide time for a proper regular skin care regime.
Lots of face scrubs are available in the market. You need to select one according to your skin type. The best advantage of scrubs is that it helps in deep cleaning of the greasy nose pores.
The main point to remember is that you must not scrub your face daily. This will lead to a complete stripping of all the natural oils. The pores will become large and visible.
It may also lead to scars on your face. If you want best results then use it only twice a week. The scrub will also help to eliminate the blackheads off your nose and face.
5. Vinegar Wonder
When looking for home remedies for how to get rid of oily nose, vinegar is an option you must consider. Vinegar acts against the oil and helps in balancing the pH levels of the skin.
It not only helps in balancing the oil on your face it also fights acne and blackheads successfully.
Applying vinegar and water mixture at home is a great idea because it acts a layer on your skin preventing excessive accumulation of grease and grime on your T-Zone.
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Water
- Cotton Pad
- Take equal levels of both water and vinegar in a bottle. Mix the two vigorously to form a solution.
- Dip a cotton pad in the solution and rub it on your entire face, especially the T-Zone.
- Keep rubbing the dipped cotton pad for 5 minutes then leave the mixture on your face for 15 minutes.
- You can wash your face with cold water thoroughly to close the pores.
6. Sandalwood And Milk Mask
Sandalwood has been a popular choice of home remedy for how to get rid of oily nose since decades. It is a cooling agent that helps in balancing the pH level of skin. It acts as a great remedy for sun burns.
The salicylic acid found in milk is great for oily skin (2). When you make the mask using these two ingredients you are sure to achieve great results. Application of sandalwood mask on your face gets your skin that much required glow and good health.
- 1 tablespoon Sandalwood Powder
- Milk as required
- Mix 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder with milk to form a paste.
- Apply this liberally all over the face and neck avoiding eyes.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash with lukewarm water, followed by cold water to close all the pores.
7. Mint And Yogurt Mask
Yogurt is a storehouse of all the good bacteria and salicylic acid. It helps to moisturize, drain excess oil and bleach facial hair naturally.
It makes the skin soft and supple. Mint juice helps to brighten the face, remove blackheads and whiteheads if any. Yogurt is very helpful to treat clogged pores.
- 2 tablespoons Mint Juice
- 1 tablespoon Yoghurt
- Take two tablespoon of mint juice and one tablespoon of yoghurt.
- Mix it to form a paste.
- Apply it evenly all over your face and nose.
- Leave the mask on your face for 20 minutes and then wash with cold water.
- You can also use chilled water to help fight nose grease.
8. Face Refreshers
If you want to know how to get rid of an oily nose fast then these days it is quite simple. Always keep a face refresher close to you.
There are a lot of face refreshers available in the market these days and it is also easy to make them at home. Rose water, for example is great refresher for oily skin.
You can also mix peppermint or spearmint oil with water and keep it in a spray bottle. Rose water and peppermint are anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and a great antioxidant for the skin. It helps to remove excess oil, clogged pores, acne and blackheads.
The refreshers can be chilled before you use it so that you feel extra fresh and control oil shine on the T-Zone.
9. Home Made Toners
The home made facial toners made from fruits and vegetable are a great idea for your skin because they are natural.
The normal face cleansers usually strip the face off the normal oils. But the home-made ones keep your skin moisturized, hydrated and pH balanced for a perfect glow.
Tomato and cucumber are some of the vegetables that you can use as a toner at home for getting rid of nose grease.
10. Take Steam
It is always advised to take facial steam at least once a week. This is because if you want to understand how to get rid of an oily nose then this is a procedure that must be followed. Facial steam machines are readily available in the market.
How to do it?
- Always cover your head with a towel so that your face can soak the goodness of the steam.
- Steam helps to clean and open the pores so that the face is free of dirt and grime. It also helps to get rid of excess oil.
- Take facial steam for a maximum of 10 minutes.
- Always splash your face with chilled water in the end to close all the pores.
11. Check Your Water Intake
If you really want to know why is my nose oily then you have to take a peak in your current diet form. Check if you eat fresh fruits and vegetables daily, salads, yoghurt, nuts and protein and essential fat.
Cut down on excessive fat, carbohydrates and sugar intake as it results in coagulation of pores.
Water is the best home remedy for any disease or problem. You need to understand that your body needs to be hydrated all the time. It helps to detoxify and refresh your system.
12. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a wonder plant. It is an anti-biotic and anti oxidant. This gel helps to calm the inflammation, redness on the skin while also maintaining the pH balance of the oily nose. It is a great plant that you can grow and use in your garden.
You can mix it in the face pack or use it just as it is. You can moisturize your face with it after properly cleansing it.
13. Blotting Paper
If you are a working professional then you would really want an easy home remedy for why is my nose oily. Blotting paper is a quick and easy option.
These papers can be used when you are travelling so that you can remove excess oil from nose and T-Zone. It reduces the greasy shine from the face.
It blots the oil and you can use it throughout the day without having to get-up unnecessarily from the desk.
14. Cosmetic Clay
These are also known as healing clay and are available everywhere. They help in absorbing excess oil and fight acne. You can use it as a mask.
Most of them are available as a powder. They will turn your home into a little spa when you use it for why does my nose get oily.
- 1 teaspoon Clay
- Rose Water as required
- Take one teaspoon of clay and add rose water to it.
- Mix it to form a thick paste.
- Apply it liberally all over your face and leave it until dry.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Follow it with chilled water to close your pores.
- Next apply moisturizer for best results. The face masks that come off with the help of water are better than the peel-off mask because they are gentle on your skin.
These are some of the most common home remedies for treating an oily skin and nose. If you are thinking why does my nose get oily then think no further as it is time for action. The home remedies are useful and affordable too.
If you want a glowing skin then you have to follow a healthy diet, drink plenty of water and in the end follow a strict skin care routine.
If you rub an orange or lemon peel on your face it will help provide glow and prevent excess oil seepage.
Never overdo the skin care routine because it will then strip off all the oil from your face. It will turn your face dull without any sheen.
Oils formed by the sebaceous glands are essential in preventing wrinkles and aging. Always use gel or water based moisturizers for your skin.