For many centuries aloe vera has been extensively used for its medicinal and healing benefits.
This prickly looking leaves of the aloe vera plant contains unbelievable advantages for treating number of skin conditions and also enhances the beauty.
The translucent gel from the leaves of this miracle plant is made up of 96% water and several other skin essential vitamins and nutrients which are beneficial for maintaining a healthy and flawless skin.
Here is brief information about the nutritional value of the aloe vera gel:
- Vitamin A, C, E, B1, B2, B3,B6 and B12
- Folic Acid
- Amino Acids
- Fatty Acids
Table of Contents
- Aloe Vera Gel for Face and Skin Care
- 1. Aloe Vera and Lemon Juice Remedy for Acne
- 2. Aloe Vera for Skin Disorder
- 3. Aloe Vera, Papaya and Rose Water Face Mask for Glowing Skin
- 4. Aloe Vera, Sea Salt, Coconut Oil and Lavender Oil Body Scrub
- 5. Aloe Vera, Banana and Almond Oil Remedy for Dry Skin
- 6. Aloe Vera, Cucumber, Yogurt and Rose Oil Mask for Sensitive Skin
- 7. Aloe Vera, Olive Oil and Shea Butter Mask for Combination Skin
- 8. Aloe Vera, Oatmeal, Egg White and Cucumber Scrub
- 9. Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, Almond Oil, Beeswax and Olive Oil Anti-Wrinkle Lotion
- 10. Aloe Vera, Jojoba Wax, Clay, Lavender Oil and Castile Soap Facial Cleanser
- 11. Aloe Vera, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Vitamin E Oil and Avocado Oil Body Butter
- 12. Aloe Vera and Green Tea Facial Toner
- Few more Quick Tips with Aloe Vera for Face and Skin Care-
Aloe Vera Gel for Face and Skin Care
So, after knowing about the vitamin and mineral content of aloe vera gel now let’s move on to discuss about how we can make the most of aloe vera gel for face and skin care.
1. Aloe Vera and Lemon Juice Remedy for Acne
Acne is a skin condition which can cause pimples, blackheads and cysts. Although this skin disease is not harmful but can be a major cause of lower self esteem.
To treat acne and scars caused by acne, aloe vera and lemon juice is considered a very effective remedy.
Aloe vera possesses auxin and gibberellin which heals the acne scars and its anti-inflammatory properties treats the cause of acne.
These properties of aloe vera gel for face even benefit in stimulating the growth of new skin cells to prevent acne.
Lemon Juice is a good source of vitamin C and citric acid which gently exfoliate the skin and is very important for getting rid of acne.
The astringent property of lemon is even great for clearing acne and lightening the scars.
- Aloe Vera Leaf- 1 Nos
- Lemon Juice- 2 to 3 Drops
- Take a fresh aloe vera leaf with less white spots.
- Then wash the leaf thoroughly with plain water.
- Then with the help of knife remove the spiky edges and cut the leaf from the center in lengthwise.
- Later use a spoon to remove the aloe gel from the split aloe vera leaf.
- Add the freshly scrapped aloe vera gel in a bowl and add in 2 to 3 drops of lemon juice.
- Mix the ingredients well until it forms a paste like consistency.
- Spread the paste of the face and neck in an even layer and make sure to avoid eye area.
- Work the mask into the skin by massaging the face in gently circular motions.
- Then allow the mask to dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Later rinse off the mask with warm water thoroughly and pat dry the skin.
- Follow up with an oil-free moisturizer.
- This process can be repeated 2 to 3 times a week for availing maximum aloe vera skin benefits and preventing acne.
2. Aloe Vera for Skin Disorder
Red, itchy skin and inflammation are a few symptoms of sun burn which often requires immediate treatment to subside the swelling and prevent sunburn blisters.
For treating sunburn easily at home one of the easiest and most effective remedy is using aloe vera, vitamin E oil and cucumber.
Aloe vera for skin is highly beneficial for soothing sunburns and also heals the sunburn at the epithelial level of the skin.
As aloe vera is 96% water it helps in replenishing the moisture levels in the skin.
Vitamin E oil moisturizes the skin and helps in relieving the pain caused by sunburn faster.
Cucumber contains powerful antioxidants which protects the skin cells from the damage caused by over exposure to sun.
- Aloe Vera Gel- 2 tbsp.
- Vitamin E Oil- 1 tsp
- Cucumber- ½ Nos
- Firstly slice the cucumber into thin slices and add it into a blending jar.
- Blend on medium speed for 1 minute or until the cucumber is liquefied.
- Then add the cucumber paste into a small bowl.
- Later add aloe vera gel and vitamin E oil into the cucumber paste.
- Mix well and refrigerate this pack for 20 minutes.
- Later apply this cool paste on the affected area and face.
- Leave on the application to dry for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then rinse with cool water and pat dry the skin gently.
- Later follow up with a moisturizer to prevent peeling or dry skin.
- This aloe on face and skin remedy can be repeated 2 to 3 times a day to treat soothe sunburns effectively.
3. Aloe Vera, Papaya and Rose Water Face Mask for Glowing Skin
Dehydration, deprived sleep and poor diet are a few causes of dull skin which can make you look tired and unattractive.
For enhancing the skin texture and boosting the radiance of the skin instantly aloe vera, papaya and rose water are best natural remedy.
Aloe vera for face contains a compound called anthraquinone (1) which gets rid of the dead skin cells and brightens the skin.
Papaya contains an enzyme called papain which gently exfoliates the skin and gives a radiant glow to the skin.
Rose Water is great for maintaining the pH balance of the skin (2) and deeply cleanses the skin to give a radiant glow to the skin.
- Aloe Vera Gel- 2 tablespoon.
- Ripe Papaya- 2 to 3 Pieces
- Rose Water- 2 tablespoon.
- Take a small bowl and add in 2 to 3 pieces of ripe papaya pieces.
- Then with the help of a fork mash the papaya until smooth and pasty.
- Later add aloe vera gel and rose water into papaya paste.
- Mix well and spread the paste well all over the face and neck in upward direction.
- Then massage the face in gentle circular motions for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Later allow the face mask to dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then rinse off the application with cold water and pat dry the skin gently.
- This aloe vera for face mask can be applied two to three times a week for glowing skin.
4. Aloe Vera, Sea Salt, Coconut Oil and Lavender Oil Body Scrub
Exfoliating is an important part of a healthy skin regime which helps in preventing skin imperfections, promotes new cell turnover and maintains glowing soft skin.
Although there are many scrubs available but this natural scrub with aloe vera, sea salt, coconut oil and lavender oil is far more effective and economical.
Aloe on face helps to delay the signs of aging, maintains skin’s moisture balance and deeply cleanses the skin.
Sea Salt contains sulfur which helps in cleansing the skin and also treats acne scars.
Coconut Oil naturally contains antibacterial, anti-fungal properties (3) and even is a great moisturizer to hydrate the skin while exfoliating the skin.
Lavender Essential oil is great for restoring the skin’s complexion and treating acne. This aromatic oil is even beneficial for delaying the signs of aging.
- Aloe Vera Gel- 1 Cup
- Coconut Oil- 1 Cup
- Sea Salt- 2 Cups
- Lavender Oil- 7 to 10 Drops
- Clean Jar
- Take a bowl and add in sea salt, aloe vera gel, coconut oil and lavender essential oils.
- Mix well until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Store this scrub in a clean jar in cool dry place.
- For usage take a required amount of scrub, massage the scrub on the body and face in circular gentle motions for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Later rinse off the scrub with warm water and pat the skin dry.
- For availing maximum aloe vera skin benefits use this scrub once a week on the body and face for soft and youthful skin.
5. Aloe Vera, Banana and Almond Oil Remedy for Dry Skin
Dry skin is one of the most common problems amongst people which can make them easily prone to wrinkles, flakiness, stretchy and dull skin.
To treat the dry skin condition one of the most effective and economical remedies is using aloe vera, banana and almond oil remedy.
Amongst the several aloe vera skin care benefits one of the key benefits is that this gel works wonders for deeply moisturizing the dry skin without leaving a greasy residue.
Banana is a rich source of potassium and natural moisture which moisturises and hydrates the skin for making the skin soft and supple (4).
Almond Oil contains vitamin E which nourishes the dry skin and makes skin soft.
- Aloe Vera Gel- 2 tbsp.
- Ripe Banana- 1 Small
- Almond Oil- 3 tsp
- Firstly mash a ripe banana with the help of a fork until it is smooth and pasty.
- Then add in aloe vera gel and almond oil into the banana paste.
- Mix well and spread this paste all over the face evenly avoiding eye area.
- Leave on the application to dry for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Later gently massage the face in circular motions for 40 seconds to 1 minute.
- Then rinse off the face mask thoroughly and pat dry the skin.
- This banana, almond oil and aloe vera gel for face remedy is extremely beneficial for treating dry skin and making the skin baby soft.
- This facemask can applied 2 to 3 times a week for treating dry and flaky skin.
6. Aloe Vera, Cucumber, Yogurt and Rose Oil Mask for Sensitive Skin
People with sensitive skin often find it difficult to take care of their skin type as it is easily prone to redness, dryness or rashes.
But this natural remedy with aloe vera, yogurt, cucumber and rose oil will help you in treating the sensitive skin and make it less prone to damage.
Aloe on skin is a miraculous natural remedy for healing the skin and is a effective moisturizer for sensitive skin.
Yogurt contains lactic acid which gently dissolves the dead skin cells and soothes rashes or inflammation in sensitive skin.
Cucumber contains cleansing and cooling properties which is beneficial for sensitive skin.
Rose Oil contains emollient property (5) which moisturizes the skin and its inflammatory property calms the redness in sensitive skin.
- Aloe Vera Gel- 1 tbsp.
- Yogurt- 1 tsp
- Cucumber- ¼ Nos
- Rose Essential Oil- 1 tsp
- Firstly take ¼ Nos of cucumber and cut it into thin slices.
- Add the cucumber slices in to the blender and blend until it forms a smooth paste.
- Then add aloe vera gel, yogurt and rose essential into the cucumber paste.
- Mix well until the ingredients are well combined.
- Then spread this paste all over the face and avoid eye area.
- Later allow the application to dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then rinse off the mask thoroughly with cold water and then pat dry the skin.
- This remedy using aloe vera on face can be repeated twice a week for treating sensitive skin.
7. Aloe Vera, Olive Oil and Shea Butter Mask for Combination Skin
People with dry skin and oily T zone are known to have combination skin condition. To nourish the dry skin and control the oily skin in the T zone this natural home remedy with aloe vera, olive oil and shea butter is amazingly beneficial.
Aloe vera skin care benefits are amazing as it moisturizes the skin and its salicylic acid helps in controlling oily skin as well.
Olive Oil helps combating excessive oily skin to maintain a clear smooth skin.
Shea Butter is an excellent ingredient to treat dry skin and balances out the oily skin as well.
- Aloe Vera Gel- 1 tsp
- Olive Oil- 1 tsp
- Shea Butter- 1 tsp
- Take a small bowl and add in aloe vera gel, olive oil and shea butter.
- Mix the ingredients well until it forms a smooth paste.
- Then apply this paste all over the face and neck.
- Later allow the application to dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then rinse off the application with plain water and pat dry the skin gently.
- To avail aloe vera skin benefits apply this mask twice a week for maintaining healthy combination skin.
8. Aloe Vera, Oatmeal, Egg White and Cucumber Scrub
Accumulation of dead skin cells on the skin is one of the main reasons for acne, dull lack lustre skin and other skin conditions.
For avoiding all these skin imperfections aloe vera, oatmeal, egg white and cucumber scrub is an amazing home remedy.
Applying aloe vera on face provides multiple benefits such as it moisturizes the skin, lightens the skin naturally at home.
Oatmeal is a gentle yet effective exfoliant to remove the dead skin layer and makes the skin soft.
Egg white contains potent astringent property which helps in shrinking and tightening the pores to give the skin a youthful appearance.
Cucumber naturally cleanses and cools the inflammation in skin.
- Aloe Vera Gel- 2 tbsp.
- Oatmeal- 2 tbsp.
- Egg White- 1 Nos
- Cucumber- 1 Nos
- Start by chopping the cucumber into thin slices and add the slices into a blending jar.
- Then blend for 1 minute on medium speed until it forms a smooth paste consistency.
- Later take a mixing bowl and add in cucumber paste, aloe vera gel and oatmeal.
- Mix well, then add in 1 egg white and whisk the egg into the other ingredients until well combined.
- Apply this paste evenly all over the face and neck avoiding the eye area.
- Then allow the mask to dry for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Later splash water on the face to loosen the mask and massage the face in circular motions gently for 1 minute.
- Then rinse off the mask thoroughly with plain water and pat dry the skin.
- This oatmeal, egg white and aloe vera on face remedy can be used twice a week for glowing and clear skin.
9. Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, Almond Oil, Beeswax and Olive Oil Anti-Wrinkle Lotion
Appearance of fine line and wrinkles are a natural aging process, although we cannot avoid wrinkles but preventing wrinkles and minimizing the appearance of pores is possible.
One such natural remedy that makes this possible is the aloe vera, vitamin E, soy lecithin, beeswax, olive oil, almond oil and essential oil remedy which work amazingly well in delaying the signs of aging.
Amongst the other uses of aloe vera, one such benefit is that this miracle leaf gel is proven to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Vitamin E blocks the free radicals which helps in delaying the aging process and maintains a youthful looking skin.
Soy Lecithin is rich in antioxidants and vitamin E (6) which stimulates the production of collagen and retains the skin’s hydration for maintaining soft supple skin.
Beeswax is an amazing ingredient which creates a protective layer on the skin and softens the skin.
Olive Oil is easily absorbed by the skin to provide deep nourishment and moisturizing benefits to the skin.
Almond Oil helps in tightening the skin, boosts the radiance of the skin and prevents the signs of aging.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil aids in regenerating the skin cells and improving the elasticity of the skin.
- Aloe Vera Gel- 1 Cup
- Vitamin E Oil – 1 tsp
- Soy Lecithin- 1 tbsp.
- Beeswax- 1/3 Cup
- Olive Oil- 1/3 Cup
- Sweet Almond Oil- ¼ Cup
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil- 3 to 5 Drops
- Glass Jar
- Firstly take a mixing bowl and add in aloe vera gel, vitamin E oil and soy lecithin.
- Mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
- Then take a small sauce pan and heat beeswax and olive oil in it until melted.
- Later allow the melted beeswax and olive oil to cool down to room temperature.
- Then combine aloe vera, vitamin E and soy lecithin mix with melted beeswax and olive oil.
- Mix well and add sweet almond oil and ylang ylang essential oil into the above mentioned ingredients.
- Stir well again and store this anti-wrinkle lotion in a dark glass bottle in the refrigerator.
- For usage take a coin sized amount of the lotion and massage into the face until the lotion is well absorbed.
- This lotion can be stored in the refrigerator up to 3 months.
- For availing optimal aloe vera skin benefits apply this anti-wrinkle lotion twice a day on clean skin.
10. Aloe Vera, Jojoba Wax, Clay, Lavender Oil and Castile Soap Facial Cleanser
Cleansing the skin is the foremost part of maintaining a flawless skin and getting rid of dirt and grime accumulated on the skin all day long.
Although there are numerous facial cleansers but they contain harsh chemicals which can strip the skin’s natural oils as well.
To prevent this natural aloe based cleanser is amazing.
This cleanser contains nature’s best ingredients such as aloe vera gel, jojoba wax, white clay, lavender oil and liquid castile soap for cleansing the impurities thoroughly.
Aloe Vera Gel contains skin friendly compounds called glycoproteins and polysaccharides which repairs, promotes healthy skin cell growth and retains the moisture levels.
Jojoba Wax is rich in proteins, minerals and waxy substance similar to the natural oils of our skin which helps in supple and soft skin.
White Cosmetic Clay is a natural ingredient for gently exfoliating the skin and promoting blood circulation to the skin.
Lavender Essential Oil provides healing, soothing benefits to the skin.
Liquid Castile Soap is a vegetable based cleanser which gently cleanses and removes the sweat, dirt and makeup from the skin.
- Aloe Vera Gel- 4 tbsp.
- Jojoba Wax- 2 ½ tsp
- White Cosmetic Clay- 1 tsp
- Lavender Essential Oil- 1 Drop
- Liquid Castile Soap- 2 ½ tsp
- Take a bottle and add in aloe vera gel, jojoba wax and lavender essential oil into the bottle.
- Then add in liquid castile soap into the bottle and shake the bottle vigorously until the ingredients are well combined.
- Lastly, add the white cosmetic clay into the bottle and shake well again.
- For usage take a coin sized amount of this aloe vera for skin cleanser into the palms and massage the cleanser on wet face like regular facial cleanser.
- Massage the face in gentle circular motions for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Then rinse off the facial cleanser thoroughly with plain water and pat dry the skin.
- Follow up with a moisturizer suitable for your skin type.
- This process can be followed twice a day to maintain glowing and clear skin.
11. Aloe Vera, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Vitamin E Oil and Avocado Oil Body Butter
Many people often tend to moisture their facial skin and skip moisturizing their body. This can lead to dry flaky skin on the body which can damage easily.
To avoid skin damage, nourishing the body this aloe vera for skin based body butter is really beneficial.
This body butter contains all natural ingredients such as aloe vera, coconut oil, shea butter, vitamin E oil and avocado oil combination works the best to heal and hydrate the body skin.
Aloe Vera other than providing moisturizing benefits to the skin it is even beneficial for lightening the visibility of stretch marks.
Shea Butter contains natural vitamins and fatty acids which are incredible for moisturizing and nourishing the skin.
Coconut Oil contains skin soothing and skin hydrating properties.
Vitamin E Oil is a great moisturizer for restoring and rejuvenating the dehydrated skin.
Avocado Oil contains essential fatty acids, proteins and unsaturated fats to nourish and hydrate the skin effectively.
- Aloe Vera Gel- 3 tbsp.
- Shea Butter- 3 tbsp.
- Coconut Oil- 2 tbsp.
- Vitamin E Oil- 1 tsp
- Avocado Oil- 1 tbsp.
- Hand Whisk
- Glass Jar- For Storage
- Take a double boiler and put it on heat.
- Then add coconut oil and shea butter into the double boiler and heat it until the ingredients are melted well.
- Later remove from heat and allow the coconut oil and shea butter mix to cool down to room temperature.
- Then add aloe vera gel, vitamin E oil and avocado oil into the coconut oil and shea butter mix.
- Later whisk all the ingredients together with a hand whisk until the mixture is light and fluffy or for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Then transfer the aloe vera body butter into a clean glass jar and store in a cool place.
- For usage take require amount of body butter in the palms and massage into the skin until it’s well absorbed.
- To avail optimal aloe vera skin benefits use this body butter daily after shower for smooth and soft skin.
12. Aloe Vera and Green Tea Facial Toner
In skin care there are 3 most important steps which are cleansing, toning and moisturizing.
This is exactly where most people go wrong as they most often follow the cleansing and moisturizing steps religiously but skip toning their skin which is equally vital for maintaining a healthy skin.
Toning your skin is extremely important because it helps to clarify the skin and remove the deep-set impurities and cleanser residue from the skin.
So, try this easy DIY aloe vera and green tea toner remedy to remove the impurities from the skin and prep it for the moisturizing step easily and economically.
Aloe vera helps in restoring the skin pH balance and the high antioxidant content in green tea helps in removing the toxins and tightening the pores.
- Aloe Vera Gel- 1 tbsp.
- Green Tea Bags- 2 Nos
- Water- 1 Cup
- Glass Bottle- For Storage
- Firstly bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Then add in green tea bags and remove the water from heat.
- Cover the pan and allow the green tea to steep in hot water for 5 minutes.
- Then remove the tea bags and allow the green tea infusion to cool down to room temperature.
- Later add aloe vera gel to the green tea infusion and stir well.
- Then store this aloe vera and green tea facial toner in a clean glass bottle preferably with a spray nozzle and store in a cool place.
- For usage spray this toner on cleansed face and neck or saturate a cotton pad with this facial toner and dab it on the face and neck.
- This toner can be used a facial mist as well as aloe on skin provides a cooling sensation and refreshes the skin immediately.
- For soft and clear skin this process can be repeated daily once or twice after cleansing the skin.
Few more Quick Tips with Aloe Vera for Face and Skin Care-
- Aloe vera can be used as a light moisturiser before makeup to avoid dry skin.
- Men can use this miracle gel as an after shave lotion to soothe razor burn and soften the skin.
- Add aloe vera to any facial mask to increase the benefits of face masks.
- It is suggested to use freshly extracted aloe vera gel for optimal aloe vera skin benefits.
So these were some of the best aloe vera for face and skin care remedies suggested by us in the article.
We sincerely hope the next time before reaching out to the expensive skin care or face care products available in the market you’ll try out these economical and amazingly beneficial aloe vera remedies.
All these remedies are completely natural and safe. In case any of the skin condition prolongs for a longer time it is best suggested to consult a specialist for the same.
Do drop in a line and let us as to which of the uses of aloe vera and its remedies suggested by us in this article worked the best for you.
We would love to know your opinion about the same to serve you with better natural suggestions.
Watch Video of Aloe Vera Gel for Skin Care