Blood clot in the eye is a common eye injury which often appears as a blood spot in the eye. The burst of blood vessels in the eye is also called as hyposphagma.
In this condition the fragile blood vessels under the conjunctiva breaks resulting in the pooling of blood between conjunctiva and sclera.
There are many causes of blood spot in eye such as poking the eye accidentally, straining the eyes, rubbing the eyes vigorously, coughing, medical condition such as blood pressure, allergy, etc.
Most of the time the hemorrhage is painless and thus initially the blood vessel damage is only detected when it’s visible. But the injury can worsen by putting further strain on eyes, rubbing the eyes or lifting heavy weights which weakens the blood vessels.
Table of Contents
- Some of the Most Effective Home Remedies for Blood Spot in Eye:
- 1. Water Remedy
- 2. Cucumber Remedy
- 3. Rose Water Remedy
- 4. Jasmine Flowers Remedy
- 5. Green Tea Remedy
- 6. Milk Remedy
- 7. Raw Potato Remedy
- 8. Salt and Water Remedy
- 9. Fennel Seeds Eye Rinse Remedy
- 10. Fenugreek Seeds Remedy
- 12. Witch Hazel Remedy
- 13. Aloe Vera, Honey and Elderberry Blossom Tea Remedy
- 14. Chamomile Tea Remedy
- 15. Bilberry Fruit Remedy
- Important Tips to Remember to treat Blood Clot in Eye Faster:
Symptoms of hemorrhage in the eyes:
- Heaviness in the eyes
- Mild irritation
- Mild swelling around the eyes
- Blurred vision
Different factors can lead to blood clot in eye and diagnosing the exact cause can be complicated. Though hemorrhage in the eyes is not a permanent condition which cannot be treated as usually the blood clot dissolves within 10 to 14 days.
There are several topical treatments available in the market for treating this eye concern but the best, safest and natural way of treating this concern is with the help of home remedies.
There are many home remedies for treating blood spot in the eyes that helps to dissolve the hemorrhage easily.
Some of the Most Effective Home Remedies for Blood Spot in Eye:
1. Water Remedy
One of the easiest instant remedies for soothing the irritation caused by eye blood clot is using water. As water relaxes the eyes muscles, reduces swelling and helps to dissolve the blood clot easily.
- Cold Water- 1 Cup
- Wash Cloth- 1 Nos
- Take a wash cloth and dip the cloth in cold water.
- Then gently squeeze excess water from the wash cloth.
- Later place the damp wash cloth on the eyes as a cold compress.
- Leave on the cold compress for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Alternatively you can even wrap an ice cube in the wash cloth and compress the eyes.
- Splashing cold water into the eyes will even provide relief.
- This process must be repeated 4 to 5 times for 8 to 10 minutes to dissolve the blood spot in eye.
2. Cucumber Remedy
One of the most popular and highly recommended ingredients for treating every eye related concern such as dark circles, puffiness or relax tired eyes is using cucumber.
This simple vegetable cucumber contains astringent properties that help in dissolving the eye blood clot.
- Cucumber- ½ Nos
- Take ½ Nos of cucumber and refrigerate it for half an hour.
- Then remove the cucumber from the refrigerator and cut it into thick slices.
- Place these cool cucumber slices on the eyes.
- Close your eyes and relax for 10 to 15 minutes.
- This process can be repeated 2 to 3 times daily for treating blood clot in the eye.
3. Rose Water Remedy
If you are looking to treat the blood spot in eye and relax the eyes as well with one remedy then try rose water.
Rose water since the ancient times is known for its healing and rejuvenating properties for skin, hair and eyes too.
Rose water contains anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and anti-bacterial properties which works effectively to treat the hemorrhage in the eyes and also soothes the tired eye muscles as well.
- Rose Water- 1 tsp
- Cotton Ball- 2 Nos
- Take 2 cotton balls and soak them into chilled rose water.
- Gently squeeze out the excess rose water.
- Place the cotton ball on the eyes for 5 to 10 minutes and relax.
- Alternatively you can even pour 2 to 3 drops of rose water in eyes to dissolve the blood clot faster.
- This process can be repeated once or twice a day for 2 to 3 days to treat blood clot in the eye.
4. Jasmine Flowers Remedy
This is a very well tried and tested traditional remedy to treat blood clot in eye. This remedy contains jasmine flowers that provide cooling sensation to help in dissolving the blood clot in the sensitive eyes faster.
The fragrance of the flowers even helps in relaxing the brain to sleep better so that the eye injury can be healed easily and within a short period of time.
- Jasmine Flowers- 10 to 12 Nos
- Distilled Water- 1 Glass
- Take a glass of distilled water and add in 10 to 12 Nos of fresh jasmine flowers.
- Allow the flowers to soak in water for about 10 to 12 hours.
- Later strain the jasmine flowers and fill the jasmine infused water in a dropper.
- Put 2 to 3 drops of jasmine infused into the affected eye.
- Close your eyes and relax for 2 to 4 minutes.
- This process must be repeated 2 to 3 times a day until the eye blood clot is treated.
5. Green Tea Remedy
Green tea is yet another effective natural remedy to treat any minor eye related concerns such as blood clot in the eye, swelling, dark circles or tired puffy eyes.
Green tea is rich in antioxidants which are beneficial for treating hemorrhage in eyes and relax the irritation caused by the injury.
- Green Tea Bags- 2 Nos
- Water- 1 Cup
- Take 1 cup of water in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Then add 2 green tea bags into the boiling water.
- Remove the water from heat and cover the saucepan.
- Allow the green tea bags to steep for 10 minutes.
- Later remove the green tea bags from the water and refrigerate the tea bags for 1 hour.
- Then remove the chilled tea bags from refrigerator and place the tea bags on closed eyes.
- Leave on the tea bag on the eyes for 10 to 15 minutes and relax.
- Later remove the tea bag and discard.
- This process can be repeated twice a day until the blood spot in eye is cleared completely.
6. Milk Remedy
Blood in eye causes can disturb the vision and makes one rub the eyes more vigorously. This can further damage the eye injury and make the broken eye vessels bleed further. Thus opting for home remedies to dissolve the blood clot faster is an ideal solution.
One simple ingredient which enables the same is milk. Milk provides an instant relief from the discomfort caused due to the eye injury and also helps to speed up the dissolving process of blood clot.
- Milk- 1 tbsp.
- Cotton Ball- 2 Nos
- Take 2 clean cotton balls and dip it into chilled milk.
- Gently squeeze out the excess milk.
- Now place the cotton ball saturated with chilled milk on closed eyes.
- Leave on the cotton ball on affected area for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Later remove the cotton ball and discard it.
- This process can be repeated 2 to 3 times a day to treat eye blood clot and relieve the eye injury pain immediately.
7. Raw Potato Remedy
Potatoes are considered as an eye healthy vegetable as they are rich in vitamins such as vitamin E and minerals. These properties help in treating blood clot in the eye faster and even help in keeping away other eye infections.
- Potato- 1 Medium Sized
- Knife or Grater
- Take a medium sized potato and cut it into thin slices.
- One can even grate the potato as preferred.
- Then place the potato slices or grated potato in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Later place the chilled potato slices or grated potato on closed eyes.
- Leave the potato slices on eyes for 10 to 15 minutes and relax.
- Then remove the potato slices or grated potato and discard.
- If required splash some cold water on eyes to remove the potato starch residue from around the eyes.
- This process can be repeated once or twice for dissolving the eye blood clot and relaxing the tired eye muscles.
8. Salt and Water Remedy
Many times in an accident some foreign particles may enter the eye and cause an eye injury by the rubbing action. This leads to hemorrhage in the eye vessels and requires immediate treatment for such an eye emergency.
One of the best home remedies to treat eye blood clot and prevent further damage to eye’s blood vessels is this salt and water remedy.
- Salt- 1 tbsp.
- Water- 1 to 2 Glasses
- Take 1 to 2 glasses of water in a saucepan and heat it till starts to boil.
- Then add 1 tbsp. of salt in boiling water and stir well until the salt is well dissolved into the water.
- Later remove the water from heat and allow it cool down completely to room temperature.
- Then use this salt water solution to wash the affected eye thoroughly.
- This process can be repeated 2 to 3 times a day to flush out the foreign particles from the eyes and clear the eye blood clot faster.
9. Fennel Seeds Eye Rinse Remedy
Looking for an eye soothing remedy to clear the blood spot in eye?
Then try this fennel seeds eye rinse remedy.
Fennel seeds are considered as an effective eye tonic. As these tiny fennel seeds contains essential nutrients and antioxidants which aids in improving the vision, helps in clearing the blood clot and even rejuvenates the eyes.
- Fennel Seeds- 1 tbsp.
- Distilled Water- 1 Cup
- Mortar and Pestle
- Firstly crush the fennel seeds in a mortar and pestle.
- Then take 1 cup of distilled water in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Later add 1 tbsp. of crushed fennel seeds into the boiling water.
- Then cover the saucepan and allow the fennel seeds to steep in water for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Later remove the fennel seeds infused water from heat and allow the water to cool down to room temperature completely.
- Then strain the fennel seeds infused water through a fine mesh strainer or fine mesh cloth twice.
- Refrigerate the fennel seeds liquid in a sterilized container or bottle.
- For usage take required amount of this liquid and rinse your eyes with this liquid.
- This process must be repeated 2 to 3 times a day for clearing blood spot in eye and improve the vision.
10. Fenugreek Seeds Remedy
Fenugreek seeds are known to posses unique properties which help to prevent blood clotting. This property of fenugreek seeds is even beneficial for clearing the blood clot in the eye and helps in calming the inflammation effectively.
- Fenugreek Seeds- 2 tbsp.
- Water- 1 Cup
- Take 1 cup of water and add 2 tbsp. of fenugreek seeds in the water.
- Allow the fenugreek seeds to soak overnight or atleast for 7 to 8 hours.
- Then next day grind the soaked fenugreek seeds into a smooth paste.
- Close your affected eye and apply this fenugreek seeds paste on the eyes.
- Leave on the eye application for 10 to 15 minutes and relax.
- Later wash off the application thoroughly with plain water.
- This process must be repeated daily once for 3 to 4 days or until the symptoms of eye blood clot is cleared completely.
11. Apple Cider Vinegar Remedy
Infection is one of the primary causes of blood clot in eyes. This condition blood in eye causes irritation, pain, swelling and blurred vision as well sometimes.
To clear the blood clot and treat other symptoms of eye infection apple cider vinegar is considered as an effective remedy.
Apple cider vinegar is rich in malic acid which is important for treating bacterial infections.
- Apple Cider Vinegar- 1 tbsp.
- Water- 1 Cup
- Cotton Ball- 1 Nos
- Take a cup of water and add in 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar.
- Stir well and dip a clean cotton ball into the water and apple cider vinegar solution.
- Gently squeeze the excess solution from the cotton ball.
- Clean the affected eye with this cotton ball.
- This process can be repeated 2 to 3 times a day until the eye blood clot is cleared and the symptoms of eye infection have completely subsided.
12. Witch Hazel Remedy
One of the best home remedies for blood spot in eye is using witch hazel.
The astringent property of witch hazel helps in providing an immediate relief in eye injury symptoms such as swelling, inflammation, blood clot and soothes the eye area.
- Witch Hazel- 1 to 2 tsp
- Cotton Ball- 1 Nos
- Take a cotton ball and saturate it with witch hazel extract.
- Use this witch hazel extract saturated cotton ball to compress your eyes.
- Keep this cold compress over the eyes for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Later discard the cotton.
- This process can be repeated 2 to 3 times a day for 1 to 2 days or until the blood clot in eye is completely cleared.
13. Aloe Vera, Honey and Elderberry Blossom Tea Remedy
Are you looking for a home remedy to clear the blood spot in eye faster?
Then try this aloe vera, honey and elderberry blossom tea remedy. The combination of ingredients in this remedy helps to soothe the symptoms of eye injury and even dissolves the blood clot easily.
Aloe vera is known for its anti-inflammatory and healing properties. Whereas honey and elderberry blossom tea are beneficial for dissolving the blood clot.
- Aloe Vera Gel- 2 to 3 tbsp.
- Honey- 1 tbsp.
- Elderberry Blossom Tea- 1 tsp
- Water- ½ Cup
- Cotton Pads- 2 Nos
- Firstly bring ½ cup of water to a boil.
- Then add elderberry blossom tea into the boiling water and remove the water from heat.
- Cover the saucepan and allow the tea to steep in the water for 10 minutes.
- Later strain the elderberry blossom tea through a strainer and allow it to cool.
- Then add 2 to 3 tbsp. of aloe vera gel and honey into elderberry blossom tea.
- Mix well and use this liquid to rinse the affected eye.
- This process must be repeated 1 to 2 times a day for 2 to 3 days until the eye blood clot clears away.
14. Chamomile Tea Remedy
Chamomile tea is yet another effective remedy for treating blood clot in eye.
Chamomile contains potent anti-inflammatory properties which are beneficial in providing relief from the discomfort and dissolve the blood clot easily.
This remedy even helps in improving the blood flow around the affected area to reduce the eye injury swelling.
- Dried Chamomile Flowers- 1 tbsp.
- Water- 1 Cup
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Then add 1 tbsp. of dried chamomile flowers into the boiling water.
- Cover the saucepan and allow the chamomile flowers to steep in the water for 5 minutes.
- Later remove the chamomile tea from heat and strain out the chamomile flowers.
- Then allow the chamomile tea to cool down to room temperature.
- Use this chamomile tea to wash the affected eye.
- This process can be repeated 2 to 3 times a day for 2 to 3 days or until the blood spot in eye is cleared.
15. Bilberry Fruit Remedy
Bilberry fruit is proven to be an effective remedy which is excellent for strengthening the eye muscles and treat blood clot in the eye faster. As bilberry fruit is a rich source of anthocyanosides that promotes strengthening of capillary walls of the eyes.
- Bilberry extract can be consumed 2 times a day for 2 to 3 days until the blood clot in eye is cleared completely.
- Alternatively one can even take bilberry tablets for strengthening the eyes.
So these were out top most suggestions for the home remedies for blood spot in eye. Apart from these remedies there are some important pointers to keep in mind in order to speed up the healing process of the blood clot caused in the eye.
Important Tips to Remember to treat Blood Clot in Eye Faster:
- Using cold and warm water compress on the affected eyes helps in healing the injury faster.
- Avoid straining the eyes by sitting for longer time watching TV or computer screens as it can irritate the eyes.
- Use anti-glare glass to protect the eyes from screen reflection to heal the eye injury faster.
- Place a chilled spoon on the affected eyes for 2 to 3 minutes until the redness and swelling has reduced.
- Wash you hands frequently after touching the injured eye to prevent eye infection.
- Avoid rubbing the affected eye vigorously.
- Avoid smoking as it prevents the blood clot from dissolving.
- Maintain a balanced diet rich in Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, vitamin B complex, Vitamin C and E to strengthen the eyes and heal the eye injury faster.
- Avoid contact with allergens and pets as they can further increase the eye infection and lead to blood spot in eye.
So these were the most helpful tips and home remedies for blood spot in eye. The next time if you suffer from hemorrhage in eyes don’t fret and try out any of these simple remedies for substantial relief from eye injury.
All these remedies for blood clot in the eye contain natural and easily available ingredients. In fact all the remedies are safe and inexpensive to heal the eye injury. If in case the symptoms prolongs or causes stinging sensation in the eyes stop using the remedy immediately and consult a specialist for the same.
If you find our remedies for blood clot in the eye useful or want to share about your experience with the remedies don’t forget to comment or leave a line.
We would love to hear from you and know your opinion about the same in order to serve you with better natural suggestions using natural and safe ingredients.