Blackheads are one of the most common yet annoying skin conditions which appear as small dark colored bumps on the surface of the skin. Many people assume that blackheads only appear on the T zone of the face which is known to accumulate excess sebum from the sebaceous glands. But the fact is that blackheads commonly appear in the ear as well.
These blackheads in ear are formed by clogged hair follicles. Blackheads are even formed by accumulation of dead skin cells, bacteria, dirt and sebum. There are few more causes for developing blackheads such as hormonal change, health condition such as anaemia, hypothyroidism, side effects of medication and poor hygiene.
Ear blackheads are less visible but as the skin in ears is thinner compared to the rest of the body removing blackheads can be very painful. So, here are some effective and beneficial home remedies which will solve your concerns about how to get rid of blackheads in ear easily.
Check Below How to Get Rid of Blackheads in Ear Using Home Remedies:
1. Sugar and Lemon Juice Scrub Remedy
To treat and prevent blackhead in ear one of the most easily available remedy is this sugar and lemon juice scrub.
As sugar contains natural glycolic acids which dissolves the impurities from the clogged pores, exfoliates the clogged the pore and even improves blood circulation to prevent further blackhead formation.
Whereas lemon juice naturally contains astringent properties and vitamin C which cleanses the excess oil and helps in shrinking the pores to eliminate blackheads immediately.
- Sugar- 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice- 1 tsp
- Firstly start by cleansing the affected area with cleanser and water.
- Then take a small bowl and add in 1 tsp of sugar and 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- Mix well and apply this scrub on the affected area.
- Massage the scrub on the affected area in gentle circular motions for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then leave on the scrub application for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Later wash off the application thoroughly with warm water and pat dry the skin.
- This remedy must be repeated thrice or twice a week to get rid of ear blackheads effectively.
2. Bentonite Clay Remedy
Treating blackheads in ears can be painful and sometimes if treated carelessly can cause a severe infection too.
For eliminating blackheads this gentle bentonite clay remedy is very effective. As bentonite is mineral rich clay which draws out the impurities from the pores and heals the pores and clears the blackheads.
- Bentonite Clay- 1 tbsp.
- Water- 1 to 2 tsp
- Take a small bowl and add in bentonite clay.
- Then add in 1 to 2 tsp of water into bentonite clay and mix well to form a thick paste like consistency.
- Later apply this bentonite clay application over the affected area.
- Then allow the application to dry for 10 to 15 minutes completely.
- Later wash off the bentonite clay application with warm water thoroughly.
- This process must be repeated thrice a week to unplug the ear blackheads easily and gently.
3. Organic Raw Honey and Cinnamon Remedy
Looking for a solution about how to clear blackheads from ear?
Then try this honey and cinnamon remedy.
In this remedy the combination of cinnamon and honey works effectively for unplugging the blackheads and improving the skin’s health to prevent further formation of the blackheads.
Cinnamon contains potent anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties to treat blackheads and whereas the honey is known for its anti-bacterial properties which helps to prevent infection.
- Organic Raw Honey- 1 tsp
- Cinnamon Powder- 1 tsp
- Start by cleaning the affected area with gentle cleanser and warm water.
- Then take a small bowl and add in cinnamon powder and organic raw honey.
- Mix well until the ingredients are well combined and form a thick paste like consistency.
- Then apply this honey and cinnamon paste on the affected area.
- Leave on the application for 25 to 30 minutes to dry completely.
- Then rinse off the application with plain water and pat dry the skin.
- Follow up with a moisturizer if required.
- This blackhead in ear removal process must be repeated twice a week for noticing significant improvement in blackheads.
4. Tomato and Lemon Juice Remedy
Blackheads are a type of mild acne and to treat these pores clogged with dirt, sebum and dead skin cells tomatoes are considered as an effective natural remedy.
This remedy is known to provide better results in a shorter period of time relatively to commercially available blackhead treatments available in the market.
Tomatoes contain ample amounts of citric acids, vitamin C and A which dissolves the dirt embedded in the pores and purifies the pores too.
Besides cleansing the clogged pores this tomato remedy is even great for people with sensitive skin types as tomatoes treat the ear blackheads without irritating the skin.
Adding lemon juice in this remedy enhances the astringent properties of this remedy to treat blackheads.
- Ripe Tomato- 1 Nos
- Lemon Juice- 1 tsp
- Cotton Pad- 1 Nos
- Take a tomato into a bowl and crush the tomato with the help of a fork.
- Then discard the seeds and squeeze out the juice from the tomato.
- Add 1 tsp of lemon juice into the freshly squeezed tomato juice and mix well.
- Later saturate the cotton ball with tomato juice and lemon juice solution.
- Apply the tomato juice and lemon juice solution saturated cotton ball on affected area.
- Leave on the application overnight.
- Then next morning wash off the application with warm water thoroughly.
- Later pat dry the skin and follow up with a moisturizer if required.
- This blackhead in ears removal process must be repeated thrice a week to eliminate and prevent blackheads.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar and Mint Leaves Remedy
Want to know about how to get rid of blackheads in your ear easily at home?
Then try this remedy with easily available ingredients such as apple cider vinegar and mint leaves.
This remedy contains apple cider vinegar that helps in breaking down the bacteria and the oil build up in the pores causing blackheads.
Adding mint leaves in this remedy provides a cooling sensation and tightens the pores to further prevent the formation of blackheads again.
- Apple Cider Vinegar- 3 tbsp
- Mint Leaves- ½ Cup
- Water- 1 Cup
- Glass Bottle
- Cotton Ball- 1 Nos
- Take a small bowl and add in 3 tbsp of raw apple cider vinegar.
- Then take ½ cup of fresh mint leaves and chop it finely with a knife.
- Add the chopped mint leaves into apple cider vinegar.
- Stir well and store apple cider vinegar and mint leaves solution in a bottle.
- Later put aside the bottle in a cool and dry place for a week.
- After 1 week strain the solution in 1 cup of water.
- Stir well and store this solution in a bottle, refrigerate the solution.
- For usage saturate a cotton ball with this solution and apply it on the affected area.
- Leave on the application for 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
- Then rinse off the application thoroughly with plain water and pat the skin dry.
- Later follow up with a moisturizer.
- This blackhead in ear remedy must be repeated daily once to treat and prevent blackheads.
6. Hydrogen Peroxide Remedy
Want to get rid of blackheads in ears without splurging on expensive blackhead removal procedures?
Then try this affordable and easy hydrogen peroxide remedy to remove and prevent blackheads instantly within the comforts of your home.
Hydrogen Peroxide dissolves the blackhead and lightens the blackhead removal scar too.
- 3% Hydrogen Peroxide- 1 tsp
- Cotton Ball- 1 Nos
- Mild Cleanser- As required
- Homemade Scrub- As required
- Olive Oil- As required
- Firstly start by cleansing the affected area with a gentle cleanser and warm water.
- Later pat dry the affected area with face towel.
- Then take required amount of scrub preferably homemade sugar and lemon juice exfoliator.
- Massage the affected area with the scrub gently in circular motions for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Later wash off the scrub thoroughly with plain water and pat dry the skin.
- Then saturate a clean cotton ball with hydrogen peroxide.
- Apply this hydrogen peroxide saturated cotton ball on the affected area.
- Make sure you don’t apply hydrogen peroxide near hairline as it can bleach the hair.
- Then follow up by moisturizing the skin with olive oil.
- This blackhead in ears removal treatment must be repeated twice a week to eliminate blackheads and maintain a healthy skin.
7. Baking Soda Scrub Remedy
Home remedies are one of the easiest alternatives to get rid of ear blackheads fast. As these home remedies are gentle and contains natural ingredients which don’t irritate the skin further.
One such excellent home remedy for blackheads is this baking soda remedy.
Baking soda is an excellent ingredient to control the excessive sebum production, neutralize the pH levels of the skin and its anti-bacterial properties help in preventing the formation of blackheads.
- Baking Soda- 1 tbsp.
- Warm Water- ½ tsp
- Take a small bowl and add in baking soda into the bowl.
- Then add warm water into baking soda.
- Stir continuously for 20 to 30 seconds until the baking soda is well dissolved in water.
- Then apply this baking soda paste on the affected area.
- Massage the application with fingertips in circular motions for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Later allow the application to dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then wash off the application with lukewarm water thoroughly.
- Later pat dry the skin and follow up with a moisturizer.
- This baking soda home remedy for blackheads in ears must be repeated thrice or twice a week for noticing significant improvement in the symptoms of blackheads.
8. Oatmeal, Yogurt, Olive Oil and Lemon Juice Remedy
Looking for a gentle and yet effective remedy to unplug ear blackheads then try this oatmeal, yogurt, olive oil and lemon juice remedy.
This mask contains potent ingredients such as oatmeal, yogurt, olive oil and lemon juice to banish blackheads faster.
Oatmeal is known for its skin cleansing, exfoliating and moisturizing properties.
Yogurt on the other hand is naturally packed with anti-bacterial properties and helps in restoring the pH balance of the skin.
Adding lemon juice in this mask purifies the pores and olive oil moisturizes the skin to prevent further development of blackheads.
- Oatmeal- 2 tbsp.
- Yogurt- 3 tbsp.
- Olive Oil- 1 tbsp.
- Lemon Juice- 1 tbsp.
- Take a bowl and add in oatmeal and yogurt.
- Mix the ingredients well and then add in olive oil and lemon juice.
- Later mix again until the ingredients are well combined.
- Then clean the affected area well with a cleanser and warm water.
- Later apply this mask on the damp skin.
- Then massage the mask gently in circular motions for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Leave on the mask to dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Later rinse off the mask with lukewarm water thoroughly.
- Then splash cold water on the affected area to close the pores.
- Later pat dry the skin with face towel and follow up with a moisturizer.
- This blackhead in ears remedy must be repeated twice a week for eliminating blackheads and acne.
9. Tea Tree Oil and Jojoba Essential Oil Remedy
Many people tend to avoid treating blackhead in ear as it’s less visible and is painful too. But treating blackheads is very important as it can lead to enlarged pores and infection too.
To treat blackheads effectively and faster one of the most inexpensive remedy is this tea tree oil and jojoba oil.
Tea tree oil contains potent anti-bacterial, anti-fungal properties and it even helps in controlling sebum production of the sebaceous glands to treat and heal blackheads.
Jojoba oil acts as an excellent natural cleanser and helps to heal blackheads.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil- 4 Drops
- Jojoba Oil- 2 tsp
- Cotton Swab- 1 Nos
- Cotton Pad- 1 Nos
- Take a small bowl and add in 2 tsp of jojoba oil and 4 drops of tea tree essential oil.
- Mix well until the oils are well combined.
- Then dip a clean cotton swab into the oils infusion.
- Apply the oil saturated cotton swab on the blackheads.
- Leave on the oil application for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Then damp a cotton pad with warm water and wipe off the oil application.
- This ear blackhead removal process must be repeated daily once until the blackheads have been completely cleared from ears.
10. Lemon Juice Remedy
Want to know how to clear blackheads from ears with simple ingredients available at home?
Then try this lemon juice remedy to tackle the discomforting blackheads easily at home.
Lemon juice contains anti-bacterial and is a rich source of citric acids which cleanses the skin by removing excess oil and dead skin cells from the skin’s surface. It is even beneficial for preventing the re-occurrence of blackheads and shrinking the pore size.
- Lemon Juice- 1 tsp
- Water- ½ tsp
- Cotton Ball- 1 Nos
- Take a small bowl and add in 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- Then dilute the lemon juice with ½ tsp of water.
- Later saturate a cotton ball in diluted lemon juice.
- Then gently squeeze out excess juice from the cotton ball.
- Apply the saturated cotton ball on the affected area.
- Later allow the solution to dry for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Then rinse off the affected area with warm water and pat dry the skin.
- This blackhead in ear removal remedy must be repeated thrice a day to eliminate blackheads faster.
11. Baby Powder and Lemon Juice Remedy
Looking for home remedies about how to clear blackheads from ears easily?
Then try this exfoliating scrub with unscented baby powder and lemon juice combination to get rid of blackheads from ears fast.
The fine texture of baby powder aids in absorbing excess oils and gently exfoliates the blackheads without irritating the skin further.
Whereas adding lemon juice clarifies the pores and its astringent properties controls the excess sebum production of the skin.
- Unscented Baby Powder- ½ tsp
- Lemon Juice- ¼ tsp
- Take a small bowl and add in ½ tsp of unscented baby powder.
- Then add ¼ tsp of lemon juice into unscented baby powder and mix well to form a smooth paste.
- Later apply this paste on the affected area.
- Massage the application gently in circular motions for 1 to 2 minute.
- Then later use a damp washcloth to wipe off the application.
- Later rinse off the remaining residue of the application with plain water and pat the skin dry.
- This process can be repeated daily once to get rid of blackheads in ears.
12. Green Tea Remedy
Green tea is one of the most tried and tested ingredients for treating and healing blackheads in ears. As green tea is high in anti-oxidants, reduces the excess oils and treats inflammation caused by blackheads. These properties of green tea aid in unclogging the pores and unplug the blackheads easily.
- Green Tea Leaves- 1 tsp
- Water- ½ tsp
- Take 1 tsp of green tea leaves in a bowl.
- Then add in ½ tsp of warm water into dried green tea leaves and mix well to form a paste like consistency.
- Later scrub the affected area with this green tea paste for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then rinse off the green tea scrub with lukewarm water and pat the skin dry.
- This process must be repeated thrice a week for getting rid of ear blackheads easily and gently.
13. Milk and Honey Remedy
Here is yet another efficacious remedy to tackle the blackheads in ears with milk and honey.
In this remedy milk contains lactic acid which helps in dissolving the dirt and honey contains anti-bacterial properties to treat and heal blackheads faster.
- Milk- 1 tsp
- Honey- 1 tbsp.
- Take a small bowl and heat 1 tsp of milk in it.
- Then add in 1 tbsp of honey into warm milk and stir well.
- Later apply a thin layer of this honey and milk infusion on the affected area.
- Allow the application to dry for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Later wash off the application with lukewarm water thoroughly and pat the skin dry.
- This process of ear blackheads removal must be repeated thrice a week to get rid of blackheads and prevent blackheads effectively.
14. Egg White Mask Remedy
One of the most inexpensive peel off masks to get rid of blackheads in ears is egg whites.
In this mask egg white easily lifts away the dirt and excess oils from the skin’s surface. This mask is even beneficial for tightening the pores to prevent formation of blackheads in the future.
- Egg Whites- 1 Nos
- Tissue Paper- 1 Sheet
- Firstly take a small bowl and take egg white in the bowl.
- Then whisk the slightly with the help of a fork.
- Later apply an even layer of egg white on the affected area.
- Then apply a piece of tissue paper on the egg white application so that the tissue paper sticks to the affected area well.
- Make sure to apply 2 layers of tissue paper so that the tissue paper can have a proper peeling effect.
- Later allow the application to dry thoroughly for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then when the peel is completely dry, peel off the mask in upward direction.
- Later rinse off the remaining residue of the egg white peel off mask with plain water.
- Then pat the skin dry and follow up with a moisturizer.
- This ear blackhead removal peel can be repeated twice a week for getting rid of blackhead easily at home.
15. Black Tea Remedy
This is yet another effective remedy for treating blackheads in ears in no time. This home remedy contains black tea which is rich in antioxidants called tannins and polyphenols which is beneficial for healing the inflammation.
Black tea even contains alkylamine antigens which are beneficial in boosting the immune system to heal the blackhead infection faster.
- Black Tea Bag- 1 Nos
- Water- 1 Cup
- Rubbing Alcohol- As Required
- Cotton Pad- 1 Nos
- Take 1 cup of water in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Then remove the water from the heat and add in black tea bag.
- Allow the black tea bag to steep in hot water for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Later remove the tea bag from water and gently squeeze out the excess water from the tea bag.
- Then compress the affected area with blackheads with this tea bag for 10 to 15 minutes.
- This process will reduce the inflammation and soften the blackheads to eliminate blackheads easily.
- Then remove the tea bag and saturate a cotton pad with rubbing alcohol.
- Clean the affected area with rubbing alcohol saturated cotton pad gently.
- Later rinse off the tea residue with plain water and pat dry the skin with a face towel.
- Then again apply rubbing alcohol on the affected area.
- This black tea ear blackhead removal process must be repeated 3 to 4 times a day to eliminate blackheads completely.
16. Blackhead Extraction Remedy
One of the instant remedies to get rid of these annoying ear blackheads is the blackhead extraction process. This process involves a step by step process to extract the blackheads and helps in further prevention of the infection as well.
- Gentle Face Cleanser- As required
- Rubbing Alcohol- As required
- Wash Cloth- 1 Nos
- Benzoyl Peroxide Cream- As required
- Facial Tissues- As required
- Cotton Pads- 2 to 3 Nos
- Firstly start by the cleansing the affected area with a gentle facial cleanser.
- Then pat dry the skin with a face towel.
- Later take 1 cup of warm water and damp a wash cloth in the warm water.
- Gently squeeze out excess water and compress the warm wash cloth on the affected area.
- The compress process must be repeated for several minutes to soften the blackheads.
- Then damp a cotton pad with rubbing alcohol and wipe the affected area to thoroughly clean the area.
- Later wrap a facial tissue on your index finger.
- Then place gentle pressure around the blackhead and press downwards to squeeze out the accumulated dirt out of the pore.
- Clean out the dirt with a clean cotton pad.
- Later wash the affected area again and wipe dry the area with a face towel.
- Then apply benzoyl peroxide cream on the affected area to heal and shrink the pore.
- Applying benzoyl peroxide even prevents infection after clearing the blackheads.
- This process for removing ear blackheads can be repeated once a week to clear out blackheads instantly.
So these were the top most recommended remedies for getting rid of the blackheads in your ears. Apart from these remedies there are a few more pointers that one needs to keep in mind as this will further help in the blackhead concern.
Important Tips to Remember for How to Get Rid of Blackheads in Ear at Home:
- Always clean ears by using a facial cleanser and remove ear wax regularly to prevent formation of blackhead in ear.
- Regularly exfoliant the ears with a gentle scrub to get rid of dead skin cells and excess oil build up.
- Regularly clean your headset, headgear and cellphones as they collect a lot of dirt and bacteria which can lead to blackheads.
- Avoid using your fingers to unplug blackheads in ears as it can cause blackheads and acne in ears.
- Make sure to clean hair care products from ears well with water as the product residue can lead to ear blackheads.
- Using toners suitable for acne prone or oily skin helps to prevent blackheads and also controls the excess sebum production.
So by now you must be well aware about how to get rid of blackheads in ear at home.
These home remedies are very effective for treating stubborn blackheads and are inexpensive too. All the remedies mentioned in this article contain natural and safe ingredients to gentle target blackheads without irritating the skin.
All the remedies mentioned in this article are completely safe and cause no side effects or harm what so ever.
But if at all the blackhead condition prolongs for a longer period of time in spite of treating the blackheads in ears with home remedies it is best suggested to consult a specialist for the same.
Don’t forget to drop in a line or two to let us know which of the remedies for the ear blackhead removal recommended by us was of best help to you. We would love to know your opinion about the same and serve you with better suggestions.