Have you ever wondered how celebrities always look radiant and flawless sans imperfections or wrinkles or patchy skin? One of the major reasons for their crystal clear glowing complexion minus the wrinkles is chemical peels.
Chemical peels are nothing but application of few types of chemicals on the skin which peel away the superficial layer of the skin. These chemicals dissolve the skin’s top layer and aids in healing the skin tissues for revealing fresh and smooth skin.
However availing chemical peel treatment at beauty salons can be very expensive and sometimes the harsh chemicals in the peeling process can damage the skin cells.
So, to avail the benefits of chemical peels and yet avoid the expensive treatment at the dermatologist try these easy and affordable alternative DIY homemade chemical face peel mask recipes.
These homemade chemical peel masks are equally beneficial and help in resurfacing the skin’s top layer gently.
Some of the benefits of homemade chemical face peel are:
• Reverses melasma and sun Damage
• Diminishes fine lines and wrinkles
• Gives a glowing complexion
• Minimizes acne scaring and control acne
• Promotes collagen growth
• Improves the texture of the skin
• Brightens the complexion
• Treats dry and scaly skin
• Minimizes the appearance of enlarged pores
• Lightens freckles, pigmentation and age spots
• Fades stretch marks
DIY Homemade Chemical Face Peel Mask Recipes
So, after knowing the numerous benefits of homemade chemical peel now let’s discuss some Do-It-Yourself chemical peels with some inexpensive and easily available ingredients at home.
1. Pineapple, Papaya and Honey Chemical Peel
Are you looking for a mild at home chemical peel to get rid of the acne scars and brighten your complexions with natural ingredients?
Then you can try this fruit pineapple, papaya and honey chemical peel at the comforts of your home.
Pineapple contains bromelain an alpha hydroxyl acid which is beneficial for gently removing the dead skin cells from the surface of the skin.
Papaya contains an enzyme called papain which exfoliates, repairs the skin and provides anti-aging benefits to the skin.
Dark Organic Honey naturally contains glycolic acids which gently exfoliates the skin, moisturizes and makes the skin soft.
• Ripe Papaya- ½ Cup
• Pineapple- 1 Cup
• Dark Organic Honey- 1 tbsp.
1. Take a blending jar and add in chopped fresh pineapple, papaya and honey.
2. Blend for 1 minute or until it forms a uniform paste like consistency.
3. Then apply this paste on clean face and neck in an even layer.
4. Make to avoid delicate eye area.
5. Allow the facial peel to dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Then wash off the peel with plain water thoroughly and pat dry the skin gently.
7. Later follow up with a moisturizer suitable for your skin type.
8. This homemade facial peel can be applied once a week for smooth glowing skin.
2. Granulated Sugar and Yogurt Chemical Peel
One of the most popular chemical peels is Glycolic acid peel which mainly contains concentrates compounds of AHA. This peel is effective for treating acne, blackheads, dullness and erasing fine lines.
For achieving similar results this natural alternative of chemical peel is glycolic acid peel at home.
This homemade glycolic acid peel contains cane sugar and yogurt which reveals the fresher and healthier layer of your skin without splurging money on expensive treatments.
Cane sugar naturally contains glycolic acid and yogurt contains lactic acid which aids in exfoliating the skin and provide deep nourishment to the skin as well.
• Fine Granulated Cane Sugar- ¼ Cup
• Plain Yogurt- ¼ Cup
1. Take a mixing bowl and add in fine granulated cane sugar and yogurt.
2. Mix well until the ingredients are combined.
3. Then spread this mask all over the face and neck avoiding the eye area.
4. Allow the peel mask to dry for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Later wash off the mask thoroughly with lukewarm water and pat dry the skin gently.
6. This glycolic chemical mask can applied once in 2 weeks for noticing significant improvement in skin’s texture and fading acne scars.
[See how to get rid of Pimples https://wellnessbells.com/pimples/]
3. Aloe Vera, Cucumber, Chamomile, Green Tea and Gelatin Chemical Peel
Chemical peels can be quite harsh for people with sensitive skin. So for them the next best alternative is to choose a milder chemical peel with less acidic content.
One such low acidity homemade chemical peel suitable for sensitive skin type is this aloe vera, cucumber, chamomile, green tea and gelatine peel.
Aloe Vera is known for its moisturizing and skin nourishing properties which is the perfect ingredient for sensitive skin.
Cucumber naturally contains astringent properties which kills the bacteria and tightens the skin.
Chamomile and Green tea both are known for its anti-inflammatory properties which soothes the irritated sensitive skin.
Gelatine contains amino acids which promotes the turnover of skin cells and this aids in smooth, firmer and clear skin.
• Aloe Vera Gel- 1 tbsp.
• Cucumber- 1 Nos
• Chamomile Tea Leaves- 2 tsp
• Green Tea Leaves- 2 tsp
• Unflavoured Gelatine- 2 tsp
• Water- 1 Cup
1. Take 1 cucumber and chop it into thin slices and add the slices into the blending jar.
2. Then blend for 1 minute on medium speed or until cucumber forms a puree like consistency.
3. Later bring one cup of water to a boil.
4. Then add in chamomile and green tea leaves into the boiling water.
5. Continue to boil the water until the tea infusion reduces to half quantity.
6. Then remove from the tea infusion from heat and strain the tea leaves.
7. Allow the tea concoction to cool down to warm temperature.
8. Next add 2 tsp of gelatin into the tea concoction and heat it.
9. Keep stirring the gelatin and tea concoction on low heat until the gelatin is dissolved.
10. Then add in cucumber juice and aloe vera gel into the gelatin infused tea concoction.
11. Mix the ingredients thoroughly and remove from heat.
12. Later allow the mixture to cool down to room temperature and then place the mixture in the refrigerator to thicken.
13. Remove the cool mixture when it’s still liquid consistency and not solidified.
14. Apply this mixture all over the face and neck evenly, make sure to avoid eye area and upper lip.
15. Now allow the application to dry out completely for 15 to 20 minutes.
16. Then peeling the application starting from the chin area to upwards.
17. Later rinse off the peel residue with warm water and pat dry the skin.
18. Follow up with a fragrance free moisturizer.
19. This is a best facial peel for sensitive skin types and can be repeated once in 2 weeks for maintaining a healthy and clear skin.
4. BHA Chemical Peel
Treating acne, acne scarring and sun damaged skin with chemical peels provides instant results. Yet many people want to avoid such harsh skin care treatments but don’t fret you can achieve the same result safely with this BHA- beta hydroxyl acids chemical peel process at home.
This DIY chemical peel contains ingredients like baking soda, aspirin tablets and lemon juice which together exfoliate the dead skin layer from the skin to reveal a flawless and fresh surface of skin.
Baking Soda is a great handy ingredient for removing dead skin cells and balancing the pH levels of the skin for maintaining clear youthful skin.
Lemon Juice helps in exfoliating the skin gently and lightens the pigmentation for a brighter looking complexion.
Aspirin Tablets helps in cleansing the pores, removing the dead skin cells and prevents acne formation.
• Baking Soda- 1 tbsp.
• Aspirin Tablets- 12 Nos
• Lemon Juice- 1 Nos
• Water- 1 Cup
• Cotton Ball- 1 Nos
1. Take 1 cup of water and add in 1 tbsp. of baking soda.
2. Mix well until the baking soda in dissolved completely in water and then keep t aside to neutralize the acids.
3. Later take a small bowl and put in 12 aspirin tablets, then sprinkle lemon juice over aspirin tablets.
4. The lemon juice will help in dissolving the aspirin tablets.
5. If the aspirin tablets have not dissolved completely with the help of a spoon mash the tablets to form a smooth thin paste.
6. Next spread the aspirin and lemon juice paste on the face avoiding the eye area.
7. Allow the application to dry for 10 to 12 minutes.
8. Then take a cotton ball and saturate it with water infused with baking soda.
9. Wipe off the application with this saturated cotton ball with baking soda neutralizer.
10. This chemical peel at home process can be repeated once in 2 weeks for exfoliating the dead skin layer and brightening the skin.
5. Strawberry, Grape, Yogurt and Honey Peel
Looking for a brightening yet natural skin peeling on face process at home?
Then try this fruity facial peel mask for exfoliating and brightening the complexion instantly. This peeling mask contains ingredients with natural acids such as strawberries, grapes, yogurt and organic dark honey.
Strawberries are a rich source of folic acids, ascorbic acid and salicylic acid. These acids help in resurfacing the skin and encourage regeneration of new skin cells.
Grapes contain potent ant-aging and skin detoxifying properties for maintaining a youthful appearance of skin.
Yogurt contains lactic acid which dissolves the dead skin layer and tightens the pores as well.
Organic Dark Honey contains skin repairing, anti-aging benefits and with its anti-bacterial properties it even helps in preventing acne.
• Strawberries- ¼ Cup
• Grapes- ¼ Cup
• Plain Yogurt- 2 tbsp.
• Organic Dark Honey- 1 tbsp.
1. Firstly take a blending jar and add in strawberries and grapes.
2. Blend on medium speed until the ingredients form a puree like consistency.
3. Then take a small bowl and add in organic dark honey in it. Then heat the bowl with honey until it’s runny over a double boiler.
4. Later remove the strawberry and grape puree into a mixing bowl and add in warm honey and yogurt.
5. Mix well until all the ingredients are combined into a smooth paste.
6. Next spread the application on face and neck evenly, avoid the eye area.
7. Now allow the mask to dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
8. Later wash off the mask thoroughly with lukewarm water and in the end splash cold water to close the pores.
9. Then pat dry the skin gently and follow up with a moisturizer suitable for your skin type.
10. This chemical mask treatment can be repeated once in 2 weeks for soft and glowing skin.
6. Pomegranate, Lemon and Green Tea Facial Peel
Are you considering a chemical peel treatment but don’t want to spend big bucks on the treatment?
They why not try a DIY chemical peel which is very economical and highly effective. This fruit based facial peel is amazing as it provides the same benefits of revealing fresh skin without the use of harsh chemicals.
This peel contains natural powerhouse ingredients such as pomegranate, lemons and green tea which are already popular for their skin beneficial properties.
Pomegranate helps in maintaining the collagen in the skin and its high antioxidant content protects the skin from free radical damage.
Lemon is a natural source of alpha hydroxyl acids which bleaches the skin and clears away the dead skin cells on the skin’s surface.
Green tea is a great ingredient for exfoliating the skin as its rich in antioxidants, vitamins and nutrients for maintaining a clear glowing skin.
• Fresh Pomegranate- ¼ Cup
• Lemon- ½ Nos
• Green Tea Bag- 2 Nos
• Water- 1 Cup
1. Firstly bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
2. Then add in green tea bags into the boiling water and cover the pan to allow the green tea to brew in the water.
3. Later take a blending jar and add in ¼ cup of fresh pomegranate seeds.
4. Blitz for 10 to 15 seconds and pass the crushed pomegranate seeds through a sieve.
5. Extract approximately 5 tsp of pomegranate juice.
6. Then strain the green tea concoction and discard the tea bags.
7. Later take a mixing bowl and add in pomegranate juice, 2 to 3 tsp of lemon juice and 2 to 3 tsp of green tea concoction.
8. Mix well and let the mixture to cool down to room temperature.
9. Then apply the mask on a clean face and neck in an upward direction.
10. Massage the mask into the skin in small circular motions for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
11. Make sure to avoid delicate eye area.
12. Allow the mask to dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
13. Then take a facecloth and saturate it with warm water.
14. Next wipe the fruit chemical mask gently with this warm damp facecloth.
15. Lastly splash water and remove the mask residue thoroughly.
16. Later follow up with a moisturizer.
17. This process can be repeated once every 2 weeks for revealing new fresh skin.
7. Tomato, Orange, Lime and Gelatine pH Restorative Peel
Looking for a natural remedy to tackle acne, wrinkles, dry skin and brighten the skin all in one go?
Then try this chemical peel at home with easily available ingredients like tomato, orange, lime and gelatin. This mask is very effective in revitalizing the skin and treating multiple skin concerns at once.
Tomato is beneficial for lightening, cleansing, tightening the pores and makes skin supple. It is even amazing for restoring the pH balance of the skin.
Orange is rich in vitamin C, citric acid, antioxidants and natural skin bleaching properties which helps in maintaining a clear and glowing skin.
Lime is a great ingredient for lightening skin tone, fades pigmentation and its anti-bacterial properties helps in preventing acne.
Gelatin is beneficial for reducing the appearance of wrinkles, stretch marks and helps in maintaining soft and supple skin.
• Tomato- 1 Nos
• Orange Juice- 1 tbsp.
• Lime Juice- 1 tbsp.
• Unflavoured Gelatin- 2 tsp
• Water- ½ Cup
1. Take a ripe tomato and chop it into 4 halves, add the chopped tomato into a blending jar.
2. Then blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
3. Later take a saucepan and add in orange juice, lime juice and ½ cup water.
4. Stir well and heat the infusion, then add in unflavoured gelatin.
5. Keep stirring the infusion until the gelatin is well dissolved and lastly add in tomato juice.
6. Then remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool down to room temperature.
7. Next keep the mixture in the refrigerator for 20 minutes until the mixture has thickened slightly.
8. Then remove the mixture from refrigerator and apply the mask evenly all over the face.
9. Allow the DIY chemical peel to dry completely for 20 to 25 minutes.
10. Later peel of the mask in upward direction from chin to forehead.
11. Next rinse off the peel residue with plain water and pat dry the skin.
12. If required follow up with a moisturizer.
13. This process can be repeated once in 2 weeks for glowing and younger looking skin.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar and Applesauce Skin Peel
Want to know about a two ingredient homemade face peel for revealing a fresh and brighter looking skin?
Then try this quick and effective apple cider vinegar and applesauce skin peel remedy. The acidic property of apple cider vinegar gently dissolves the dead skin cells and nourishes the skin with vitamins and mineral salts present in it.
Applesauce is made of apple which is rich in malic acid. This acid is beneficial for lightening the scars, pigmentation, age spots and sun damage.
• Organic Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar- 1tsp
• Organic Applesauce- 1 tbsp.
1. Take a small bowl and add in apple cider vinegar and applesauce.
2. Mix until the ingredients are well combined.
3. Then apply this paste on clean face evenly and make sure to avoid the eye area.
4. Allow the mask to dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Later wipe off the mask with facecloth.
6. Then rinse the face with plain water to clean the mask residue thoroughly.
7. Follow up with a moisturizer to hydrate the skin.
8. Repeat this at home chemical peel once in 2 weeks for clear and blemish free skin.
9. Milk, Gelatin and Lavender Essential Oil Facial Peel
Looking for an effective yet inexpensive chemical peel at home then try this highly effective milk, gelatin and lavender essential oil peel. This chemical peel works amazingly great for getting rid of blackheads, acne and removing impurities deeply embedded in the pores.
Milk contains lactic acid which is great for lightening the skin, fading acne scars, treating pigmentation and hydrating the dry skin.
Gelatin helps in minimizing the pore size, firms the skin by stimulating the production of collagen and rejuvenates the tired skin.
Lavender Essential Oil in this facial peel helps in masking the unpleasant odor of the mask and even helps in treating inflammation.
• Unflavored Gelatin- 1 tbsp.
• Milk- 2 tbsp.
• Lavender Essential Oil- 2 to 3 Drops
1. Take a microwave safe mixing bowl and add in unflavored gelatin and milk.
2. Mix well and microwave for 15 seconds.
3. Remove the bowl from the microwave and mix it quickly.
4. If the consistency has not changed microwave for few more seconds until the mixture is thick and smooth.
5. Then add the lavender essential oil into the mix and stir well.
6. Apply the mix immediately on face and neck avoiding the eye area in upward direction.
7. Now allow the mask to dry completely for 30 to 45 minutes.
8. Later start peeling the mask from the chin in upward direction.
9. Now wash off the remaining peel residue with plain water and pat dry the skin.
10. Later follow up with a moisturizer or witch hazel toner.
11. This chemical mask can be applied once every 2 weeks for maintaining youthful skin and keeping skin imperfections at bay.
10. Cane Sugar and Lemon Brightening Facial Peel
One of the most recommended treatments by dermatologist for treating acne, lightening the acne scars is chemical peels. In treating blemishes and treating zits glycolic acid peel is extremely beneficial as it helps in unclogging the pores by dissolving the dead skin layer which aggravates the symptoms of acne.
The results of professional glycolic peel can be easily achieved at home with this cane sugar and lemon juice recipe.
Cane Sugar contains AHA which provides the same results as the professional salons with this glycolic acid peel at home recipe. The acidic property of cane sugar helps in cleansing the skin pores and exfoliating the superficial layer of the skin.
Lemon Juice contains citric acid which is yet another excellent source of AHA which sloughs off the dead skin cells for revealing a fresh skin.
• Cane Sugar- ¼ Cup
• Lemon Juice- 1 Nos
1. Take a mixing bowl and add in ¼ cup of cane sugar,
2. Then add juice of 1 lemon into cane sugar and mix well until it forms a smooth paste like consistency.
3. Apply the paste on the clean face and neck in an even layer.
4. Make sure to avoid sensitive eye area, on open cuts or wounds.
5. Next allow the application to dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Then rinse off the application with plain water and pat dry the skin.
7. Follow up with a moisturizer or sunscreen.
8. This chemical mask can be applied once even 2 to 3 weeks for best results.
11. Orange, Egg Yolk, Honey and Gelatin Revitalizing Facial Peel
Facial peels are the best way to give a boost of life to the skin, as it promotes the skin to rejuvenate, loosens the dead skin cells so that it can be exfoliated easily. This leads to an improved skin texture and also helps in delaying the signs of aging.
For availing these benefits try one of the best DIY homemade chemical face peel mask recipes which contains orange, egg yolk, honey and gelatin.
Orange is rich in vitamin C which is excellent for exfoliating the dead skin cells and stimulating the new cell production. Orange juice is even great for boosting the radiance of the skin.
Egg Yolk is known for its skin nourishing and skin firming properties. The vitamin A content in egg yolks is even beneficial for getting rid of acne.
Honey contains anti-bacterial and moisturizing properties which helps in keeping the skin blemish free and supple.
Gelatin boosts the collagen in the skin for making the aged skin look plump and healthy.
• Orange Juice- 1/8 Cup
• Egg Yolk- 1 Nos
• Organic Honey- 1 tsp
• Unflavored Gelatin- 2 tsp
1. Take a microwave proof bowl and add in orange juice and unflavored gelatin.
2. Stir well and microwave for 15 seconds.
3. Remove the bowl and check the consistency if the gelatin still looks lumpy stir again and microwave for 10 seconds or more.
4. Keep stirring in between and heat it the mixture until the paste turns smooth and the gelatin is dissolved completely. .
5. Later remove the bowl from microwave and allow the mixture to cool in the refrigerator until its thick not set completely.
6. Then take another bowl and whisk in 1 egg white until light and frothy.
7. Next remove the gelatin and orange juice mixture from refrigerator and add in honey and whisked egg white.
8. Mix well and apply the peel on clean face in an even layer.
9. Allow the DIY chemical peel to dry completely for 20 to 25 minutes.
10. Next after the peel is completely dry start peeling the mask from chin and upwards.
11. Later rinse the face with lukewarm water to clean the residue of the peel thoroughly.
12. Then pat dry the skin gently and follow up with a moisturizer or sunscreen.
13. This process can be repeated once a week for revitalizing the skin and making the skin firmer.
Important Tips to Remember for At Home Chemical Peel
- Avoid chemical peel treatments if you have overtly sensitive skin.
- Always protect your skin with broad spectrum sunscreen religiously after chemical peel process as the fresh skin is sensitive.
- Never peel, rub or scratch chemically peeled skin as it can damage the delicate fresh layer of the skin easily.
- Moisturizing the skin regularly after chemical peel treatment is a must.
- Avoid using harsh cleansers for a day or two after the skin peeling on face.
- Never apply homemade or chemical based facial peels on broken skin.
- Don’t over peel your skin and atleast maintain a gap of 2 weeks in between each skin peeling treatment.
So these were some of the best DIY Homemade Chemical Face Peel Mask Recipes trending on the internet.
Try these inexpensive and highly effective recipes to treat multiple skin concerns easily at home. All these recipes are made from natural and completely safe ingredients. Some people might face sensitivity or redness after peeling treatment at home for at least 48 hrs. If in case the symptoms prolong for a longer time it is best advised to consult a specialist for the same.
If you liked our chemical peel at home recipes please do share and drop in your comments to let us know which recipe worked the best for you. This will help us to serve you with better natural suggestions and recommendations.
Watch Video of DIY Homemade Chemical Face Peel Mask Recipe